or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › A blog for women
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A blog for women - Page 2

post #16 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Minus some inane things she posts, I think she writes things that a lot of people think about themselves or other people, which is one reason why I enjoy reading it. Clearly though as a pretty girl she does have a big ego (about her looks), but there's nothing I personally hate more than false modesty or people afraid to toot their own horn a little bit. Bores the fuck out me.
I kinda agree, as long as you're not like Arthur Kade IRL. She just had me at Burberry polos > RL polos.
post #17 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinematt View Post
Your friend of a friend seems like a dick. The first thing I read - 'I wasn't always sexy'. Ok lady - self obsession and egotism aint so sexy after all. Her occupation is 'Beautiful Person'. As I said - dick. Case closed.
Wouldn't "cunt" or "bitch" be more appropriate here? I've not read the blog, but just as a general principle, women aren't dicks.
post #18 of 47
Quote:
As the conversation goes by I somehow manage to become more impressive, even when I'm drunk ass which in itself is almost unheard of. Unfortunately for men what most of you have to say becomes mundane, immature, verbose, and nonsensical and very close to sounded like the adults on Charlie Brown. Womp, womp, womp, womp.... "What did you say? We're out of Chex Mix?"

Female version of Arthur Kade? She doesn't write very well for someone that's supposedly so impressive.
post #19 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningman411 View Post
She's an idiot. I see a long string of meaningless relationships in her future. And, one day she'll realize that she's 40, alone, and in no shape to compete with the hot new 20-somethings. If by luck, she marries a good man, he'll dump her before she turns 40.
Agreed...her personality is worthless to any man.
post #20 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Minus some inane things she posts, I think she writes things that a lot of people think about themselves or other people, which is one reason why I enjoy reading it. Clearly though as a pretty girl she does have a big ego (about her looks), but there's nothing I personally hate more than false modesty or people afraid to toot their own horn a little bit. Bores the fuck out me.

Sorry dewd. It wouldn't be false modesty here, she has an unjustified big ego. For example, her proclaiming to have "the best speech", but using words incorrectly. She is probably overestimating her sexiness, personaility, dress sense, etc...

K
post #21 of 47
Her heart is in the right place, mostly. Execution could be better. I believe her post referred to guys who wear polos out to clubs, which is to say, is mostly accurate...maybe. I think we can take heart that most people here will only wear polos to play sport and/or casual occasions.
post #22 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterhaven View Post
Wouldn't "cunt" or "bitch" be more appropriate here? I've not read the blog, but just as a general principle, women aren't dicks.

hahaha this entire thread is sexist but this one takes the cake
post #23 of 47
I actually sort of enjoyed reading that, I liked her candor and honesty, but she did seem angry about something. But yes, pics of your friend is neccessary.
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Here is an amusing blog written by a female friend of a friend. It kind of has that neurotic-ness women over 23 tend to have. Plus a little self centered since she's very pretty and knows it. I take a lot of it as tongue in cheek but I can tell she is serious too. However, I think some of it is quite true. Anyway, enjoy (the female poster and her lurker friends may get a kick out of this).

http://www.thedatingtruth.blogspot.com/

This will help out our buddies here who don't know how to talk to girls. It also tells you what they are thinking.

My for the month.

PS - Her rant against Ralph Lauren has drawn my ire on facebook, especially since she considers Burberry more grown up. But barring that...

Your friend should have been aborted.
post #25 of 47
"I'm tiny. Not teeny tiny but I'm pretty short so I like to stay svelte. I work out all the time, I master cleanse and I only wear clothes that make me look even skinnier. Short shorts, short skirts and size 26 jeans in dark uniform wash."

What is Master cleanse?

Some kind of enema?
post #26 of 47
Your friend's blog is pathetic.

First off, she makes a point to constantly mention that she is beautiful. There are several instances of her putting herself above "normal women." It's annoying.


Secondly, her obsession with treating every situation that takes place outside of her house as an opportunity to find a new man seems desperate. If she's so beautiful and great, why is she sitting writing a blog about how she is pissed her relationships haven't worked out and how she tries everyday to find a new man?


I think she does a disservice to women who she believes she is "helping" in encouraging them to act like uppity bitches. Suggestions like "don't act impressed" and "you should never have to buy your own drink" are the mentalities of a stuck-up bitch who thinks she's invaluable. She seems very interested in treating relationships like "games" and wants to talk about how she's "real" about these kinds of things.

Idk, she seems to be frustrated that so many people are BORING (she has to bold it or write it in caps). She feels the need to be impressed. She feels she does a "service" to men by talking to them. She also seems to imply that men are "stupid" when it comes to relationships. It's ridiculous and childish.
post #27 of 47
Thread Starter 
It is called dating truth, no?
post #28 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
I told you: for women. But I find it amusing to read.

Dude, I think you're being much kinder to her blog than you ought to be...perhaps because you'd like to smash her (for some unknown reason). She sounds like a dolt with a raving sense of entitlement.

Odds that Jodum5 is simply trolling?
post #29 of 47
Seriously.

I think one of her statements from an older post was something like "drinks and dinners should be expected for a pretty girl who has worked hard to have a wonderful personality" in refering to herself and her belief she should never have to pay for anything because she's beautiful and clearly has a great personality.


I hope she's hot, because otherwise no one would want to ever be near her.
post #30 of 47
I found it entertaining to read through, but no point in following really. Actually after the first several posts it gets somewhat repetitive. My favorite quote though was something about her not settling and she deserves a "millionaire, who's a 9" or something like that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › A blog for women