Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Yesterday at 2:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 62
Styleforum Top Picks
I received a pair last week and they are really dark. I knew that they were going to be much darker than in the pictures, but they are even darker than I imagined. Very much like the color of a hershey's bar. That, plus the orange colored top part of the sole made the boots look too much like a pair of boots that a construction worker would wear for me.
Just got mine in a few days ago. Bought these during their 15% off sale to complement my black RW iron rangers.
As others have said, the leather is much darker than pictured on the website. This was a good thing in my case, I prefer the darker color in real life. The orange-y bit on the welt is the only thing about them that I don't like, cosmetically speaking. I'm sure it will become a bit darker with use and wear though.
The leather scuffs pretty easily, which isn't a problem for me. I like my casual shoes to be rugged and grungy, and these fit the bill. They would be difficult to pass off as a pair of dress boots, though.
In comparison to the red wings...well...not a lot to be said. The red wings have finer details and materials, but the Katahdin's are still very solid. The Katahdins do require a bit more of a break-in than the RW's did though...they're still a little rough on my ankles.
Overall, I'm happy with them, and I'm going to be giving them a lot of use.
Is there a recommended oil/leather treatment for these boots? Like many have said, the leather scuffs rather easily, and I really want a nice amber to it much like the Iron Rangers. However, I've looked around and found that products like Neatsfoot oil darkens the boot quite a bit, making it look almost black.
It looks like they are. I'm sure they'll be back by mid-April or in May sometime.
Personally, I wear 8.5 in most casual type shoes (Adidas Sambas, Vans Authentics, etc.) and wear an 8 in dress shoes. I went with a 8D in Katahdins and with regular socks, there's a bit of wiggle room. Somewhat loose, but not too loose. I'm sure with some nice thick socks, they'll fit perfectly and snug.
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 15 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › Help ID the maker of this beautiful bespoke shoe? 17 minutes ago
- › NWT 40R Canali Kei dark grey sportcoat 19 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 29 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...