Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Today at 5:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 62
Styleforum Top Picks
I received a pair last week and they are really dark. I knew that they were going to be much darker than in the pictures, but they are even darker than I imagined. Very much like the color of a hershey's bar. That, plus the orange colored top part of the sole made the boots look too much like a pair of boots that a construction worker would wear for me.
Just got mine in a few days ago. Bought these during their 15% off sale to complement my black RW iron rangers.
As others have said, the leather is much darker than pictured on the website. This was a good thing in my case, I prefer the darker color in real life. The orange-y bit on the welt is the only thing about them that I don't like, cosmetically speaking. I'm sure it will become a bit darker with use and wear though.
The leather scuffs pretty easily, which isn't a problem for me. I like my casual shoes to be rugged and grungy, and these fit the bill. They would be difficult to pass off as a pair of dress boots, though.
In comparison to the red wings...well...not a lot to be said. The red wings have finer details and materials, but the Katahdin's are still very solid. The Katahdins do require a bit more of a break-in than the RW's did though...they're still a little rough on my ankles.
Overall, I'm happy with them, and I'm going to be giving them a lot of use.
Is there a recommended oil/leather treatment for these boots? Like many have said, the leather scuffs rather easily, and I really want a nice amber to it much like the Iron Rangers. However, I've looked around and found that products like Neatsfoot oil darkens the boot quite a bit, making it look almost black.
It looks like they are. I'm sure they'll be back by mid-April or in May sometime.
Personally, I wear 8.5 in most casual type shoes (Adidas Sambas, Vans Authentics, etc.) and wear an 8 in dress shoes. I went with a 8D in Katahdins and with regular socks, there's a bit of wiggle room. Somewhat loose, but not too loose. I'm sure with some nice thick socks, they'll fit perfectly and snug.
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris 1:1 FW13 Black Varsity Small 44 46 4 minutes ago
- › Italy Trip. 5 minutes ago
- › Alden X UnionMade natural CXL boots 7.5E Grant commando sole 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories