Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 61
Styleforum Top Picks
Any general thoughts on how frequently to reapply mink oil and/or Obenaufs?
All I seem to come across is 'whenever it needs it...'
How do you know when that might be? What are the signs to look for?
So lets assume I wear mine on a daily basis during the week and occassionally on weekends.
Assume as well I don't get caught in any major tempests or go puddle jumping on purpose.
6 months? 1 year?
I used to...but then I got another pair of shoes and was short on trees so...they go treeless.
If I brought them home soaking wet, I would probably tree them but with normal wear I haven't really noticed much of a differance between tree and non-tree. They are built pretty sturdy although it might make some what of a differance in the long run (and really, most trees aren't really gonna fill out that toe box).
I just received my long backordered iron works boots.
First off they stopped using the rough out nap leather. They are the same dark brown oily leather as the regular Chippewa boots.
Mine are going straight back as they are defective, stitching is completely messed up and coming out on the uppers. Also just generally look like hell, covered in white sticky stuff, all scuffed up.
LLBean in paying for the return shipping and were very nice about it though.
Well if by dress up you mean a Canadian tuxedo, then maybe yes...
They are really rough looking, that's why I bought them. But at least with the suede like leather they had been using they at least stood out and looked a little different.
Now they are made of the exact same dark brown smooth leather as the regular Chippewa boots, it's very oily, I'm not sure any amount of product or brushing would make them even slightly shiny.
Looks like LL Bean is having a sitewide 20% off sale, works on the engineer boots. For some reason it works every time in google chrome but does not work for me in Firefox, so YMMV. You will know if you are getting the 20% off if you go the bean site and at the top it will say "save 20% on your entire purchase, limited time offer just for you". good 'till thursday
Last night, I took advantage of the deal listed above. According to the main page of the boots (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464?page=mens-katahdin-iron-works-engineer-boots), my size 8 isn't scheduled to ship out until May 13! That's 3 months from now. However, I've heard that many people get their boots earlier than expected, so hopefully that's the case here.
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 39 seconds ago
- › Everyday Hero Zimmerman Zip Boot 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Does this look good? 16 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015