Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 61
Styleforum Top Pickspost #902 of 13332/9/12 at 11:50am
Any general thoughts on how frequently to reapply mink oil and/or Obenaufs?
All I seem to come across is 'whenever it needs it...'
How do you know when that might be? What are the signs to look for?
So lets assume I wear mine on a daily basis during the week and occassionally on weekends.
Assume as well I don't get caught in any major tempests or go puddle jumping on purpose.
6 months? 1 year?post #903 of 13332/10/12 at 9:22amQuote:
I used to...but then I got another pair of shoes and was short on trees so...they go treeless.
If I brought them home soaking wet, I would probably tree them but with normal wear I haven't really noticed much of a differance between tree and non-tree. They are built pretty sturdy although it might make some what of a differance in the long run (and really, most trees aren't really gonna fill out that toe box).post #904 of 13332/11/12 at 2:24pm
I just received my long backordered iron works boots.
First off they stopped using the rough out nap leather. They are the same dark brown oily leather as the regular Chippewa boots.
Mine are going straight back as they are defective, stitching is completely messed up and coming out on the uppers. Also just generally look like hell, covered in white sticky stuff, all scuffed up.
LLBean in paying for the return shipping and were very nice about it though.post #905 of 13332/12/12 at 2:09pmpost #906 of 13332/12/12 at 6:03pmpost #907 of 13332/13/12 at 1:29pmpost #908 of 13332/13/12 at 2:05pm
Well if by dress up you mean a Canadian tuxedo, then maybe yes...
They are really rough looking, that's why I bought them. But at least with the suede like leather they had been using they at least stood out and looked a little different.
Now they are made of the exact same dark brown smooth leather as the regular Chippewa boots, it's very oily, I'm not sure any amount of product or brushing would make them even slightly shiny.post #909 of 13332/13/12 at 11:52pmpost #910 of 13332/14/12 at 2:55pmpost #911 of 13332/14/12 at 4:16pmpost #912 of 13332/15/12 at 4:34ampost #913 of 13332/15/12 at 6:59ampost #914 of 13332/15/12 at 10:35am
Looks like LL Bean is having a sitewide 20% off sale, works on the engineer boots. For some reason it works every time in google chrome but does not work for me in Firefox, so YMMV. You will know if you are getting the 20% off if you go the bean site and at the top it will say "save 20% on your entire purchase, limited time offer just for you". good 'till thursdaypost #915 of 13332/17/12 at 4:53pm
Last night, I took advantage of the deal listed above. According to the main page of the boots (http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464?page=mens-katahdin-iron-works-engineer-boots), my size 8 isn't scheduled to ship out until May 13! That's 3 months from now. However, I've heard that many people get their boots earlier than expected, so hopefully that's the case here.
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 28 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 52 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?