Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Today at 4:24 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 53
Styleforum Top Picks
I can't comment on the LL Bean's version, but I can on the J. Crew's.
I'm usually a size 9 in sneakers and when I had Clarks DBs, I sized down 1 full size in all 4 pairs that I had. They fit marvelously. I wear a 8.5 in my Chippewas, if I were to go with a size 8, like my Clarks DBs, it would be too small for sure.
I went with a 10 which fits snug, which I like. A 10.5 would have been a fine too though. I would recommend going TTS or 1/2 size down. If you have a narrow foot, then 1/2 down, if it's "normal" then go TTS.
And then buy my katahdins in size 10 on B&S.
I'm guessing that the heel is simply glued on, not sewn. Looking at my Katahdins right now that appears to be the case, although I could be wrong.
From what I've seen, heels are usually either glued, tacked, or both. I'm guessing most glued heels, and even some tacked, would do that if you pull on them, which is why I never pull on them. Each time you do you risk dust and debris getting between the sole and the heel and over time the bond will get weaker and weaker.
I was looking at the Iron Rangers, but these look so similar and are so much cheaper... If they are just as durable I may as well get these instead.
How do they size? I'm a 9.5 in Clarks DBs and a 10 in Chucks...
edit: Nevermind. I called LL Bean, and they're sending me a replacement pair. Here's to hoping that the new ones don't hurt my leg. Great customer service on behalf of LL Bean by the way.. As long as it's better than the first pair, I'm pretty sure it will be just fine after breaking them in. I just don't see breaking in the first pair making much of a difference.
I got my Katahdins in today and overall I like them. I'm just wondering if I should exchange them for the same size. There's one small issue that's causing them to dig into the back of my leg a little too much.
A portion of the left shoe is stitched 1/4" too far forward on my left shoe. By doing so, it's causing back of the shoe to angle in more, digging into the back of my leg a little too much causing noticeable pain right when I put them on. The right shoe is much more comfortable.
Should I exchange them or will they break in a little more? I've only worn them for a day so far.
Edited by yukihiro - 11/22/11 at 2:13pm
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 11 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The Large Feet Thread – dedicated to info on where to get plus size... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015