Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Yesterday at 7:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 53post #782 of 133611/10/11 at 5:47pmpost #783 of 133611/10/11 at 6:06pmQuote:
I can't comment on the LL Bean's version, but I can on the J. Crew's.
I'm usually a size 9 in sneakers and when I had Clarks DBs, I sized down 1 full size in all 4 pairs that I had. They fit marvelously. I wear a 8.5 in my Chippewas, if I were to go with a size 8, like my Clarks DBs, it would be too small for sure.post #784 of 133611/12/11 at 2:24pmpost #785 of 133611/12/11 at 5:11pmpost #786 of 133611/12/11 at 8:55pmI'm a 10.5 in clarks db/10.5 in chucks/10.5 in sperry.
I went with a 10 which fits snug, which I like. A 10.5 would have been a fine too though. I would recommend going TTS or 1/2 size down. If you have a narrow foot, then 1/2 down, if it's "normal" then go TTS.
And then buy my katahdins in size 10 on B&S.post #787 of 133611/15/11 at 4:59pmpost #788 of 133611/15/11 at 5:50pmpost #789 of 133611/16/11 at 8:34pmpost #790 of 133611/17/11 at 6:06am
I'm guessing that the heel is simply glued on, not sewn. Looking at my Katahdins right now that appears to be the case, although I could be wrong.
From what I've seen, heels are usually either glued, tacked, or both. I'm guessing most glued heels, and even some tacked, would do that if you pull on them, which is why I never pull on them. Each time you do you risk dust and debris getting between the sole and the heel and over time the bond will get weaker and weaker.post #791 of 133611/18/11 at 7:51amCan someone comment on the difference in durability / looks between these and the Red Wing Iron Rangers?
I was looking at the Iron Rangers, but these look so similar and are so much cheaper... If they are just as durable I may as well get these instead.
How do they size? I'm a 9.5 in Clarks DBs and a 10 in Chucks...post #792 of 133611/18/11 at 7:58amIn my opinion the Red Wings are a little bit nicer of a boot (construction, leather quality, etc.) but not so much so as to justify the large price difference. The Chippewas are nice, and very nice for their price. They also fit my feet better. I have had the Katahdins in the past and now have the J Crew plain toe ones and am very happy with them. For the $300 Red Wing seems to get for the IR I think there are better options (1000K mile or save a little more and go for Alden or Whites).post #793 of 133611/18/11 at 6:00pmpost #794 of 133611/18/11 at 11:47pm
edit: Nevermind. I called LL Bean, and they're sending me a replacement pair. Here's to hoping that the new ones don't hurt my leg. Great customer service on behalf of LL Bean by the way.. As long as it's better than the first pair, I'm pretty sure it will be just fine after breaking them in. I just don't see breaking in the first pair making much of a difference.
I got my Katahdins in today and overall I like them. I'm just wondering if I should exchange them for the same size. There's one small issue that's causing them to dig into the back of my leg a little too much.
A portion of the left shoe is stitched 1/4" too far forward on my left shoe. By doing so, it's causing back of the shoe to angle in more, digging into the back of my leg a little too much causing noticeable pain right when I put them on. The right shoe is much more comfortable.
Should I exchange them or will they break in a little more? I've only worn them for a day so far.
Edited by yukihiro - 11/22/11 at 2:13pmpost #795 of 133611/19/11 at 10:02am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 27 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 20, 2016 : The particular jacket challenge 5 minutes ago
- › MEGA Thread NWT Ralph Lauren Purple Label Belt Listing! Sizes 32-38 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › New jacket, shirt matching? 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding