Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Today at 3:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 77
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1142 of 133310/1/13 at 12:13pmpost #1143 of 133310/1/13 at 12:14pmpost #1144 of 133310/1/13 at 12:32pmpost #1145 of 133310/4/13 at 8:32pmpost #1146 of 133310/5/13 at 2:17ampost #1147 of 133310/8/13 at 5:28am
My initial impression of my new LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots. First, I usually wear a 10E or 10.5D. - I ordered the 10.5D. The last (Munson last I believe) is quite full. They were a little big - I swapped out the insole with a thicker Red Wing insole - the fit is perfect. Now to the quality; I am 60 years old and have owned Tricker's, C&J, Alden, Viberg, Grenson, Allen Edmonds, Red Wing, etc... and these American made Chippewas are easily one of the best made, most rugged boots I have owned. No, they are not as "pretty" as the others, but at less than half the price they are the best deal going - by far. The leather is thick and well oiled, and the construction is nearly flawless. They will easily last the rest of my life. They are a little stiff at first but are already breaking in fine. Because they are an oiled leather they don't offer a high shine, but I did manage to get a nice luster with two coats of Saphir Renovateur, though I might just go forward with a good boot oil. All and all I could not recommend these boots more highly!
Edited by seer - 10/8/13 at 5:48ampost #1148 of 133310/8/13 at 7:06ampost #1149 of 133310/8/13 at 7:19amQuote:
I would say yes. I never use insulated boots here in New England, I use a heavy wool sock (actually Alpaca wool is the warmest for me) with a light nylon sock underneath. And I have gone through some pretty cold and harsh winters with no problems.post #1150 of 133310/8/13 at 4:36pmpost #1151 of 133310/8/13 at 5:09pmpost #1152 of 133310/8/13 at 5:34pmpost #1153 of 133310/9/13 at 3:22amQuote:
Sure, but I like a more even color. Which they have now - did use Obenauf's LP last night, then another coat of Saphir - I love Saphir, there is nothing better to bring out the deep color and luster in leather.post #1154 of 133310/9/13 at 8:14am
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 14 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 26 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?