the store by my house had them in stock (except for my size) even though it said it didn't have any online. i'd call the stores and check over the phone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 73
Styleforum Top Picks
Hey, i'm looking at picking up a pair of these boots.
My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the boots.
If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)
EDIT: As a side, i did order the 10.5D's a while ago, and they were far too long, but perfect in width. (I returned them)
Edited by mHo2 - 1/12/13 at 12:43pm
Guess I'll give the store a call, then. Closest store is still 40 minutes away, though. Surprised they don't have a location in Manhattan or anywhere on Long Island.
Just received a pair of these boots. It was a toss up between this and the IRs. I think it was the less bulbous toe that sealed it for me. I am an 11.5D in most dress shoes, and I guessed right reading the many posts in this thread; I went down 0.5 size and got a proper fit. I'll be able to wear medium socks if needed.
HOWEVER, Ima beat the HELL outta these first, to get that 'vintage' look, and then want to polish em up to look like these....
Any experiences with getting a good shine on them besides the Obe LP stuff? Thanks in advance!
Mine are so dark (with sno-seal/obenauf's) that I have worn it with my black leather ToJ MDR and wasn't bothered by it. I think I might be a little bothered by it in bright sunlight, but going out at night, the pairing works out ok.
I didn't apply anything to my first pair since they were really well oiled out of the box and had no problems, just wiped them down with a damp cloth from time to time. After a year of wear I had a problem with the toe box stitching and swapped them out for a new pair in a store.
The newer pair was a little more dried out since it wasn't strait from the factory, and the salt on sidewalks around Boston pushed me to apply some Obenauf's. I used a light hand though and they look just like the first pair did strait from the factory. Within a two weeks they had even started getting back to that lighter color, but an approaching snow storm hand me applying another light coat.
Below is a pic of my first pair (no Obenauf's). I'm looking at my new pair right now (with a light coating of Obenauf's) and they look identical to these:
I much much prefer the look of these, but the 11Ds fit me better.
Just thought I'd see if anyone here wanted them before I send them back, tried on indoors, but never worn outdoors.
Bought them at the old price too, so like ~45 cheaper than the current LLB retail..
- Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners
- › Motorcycles 41 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015