the store by my house had them in stock (except for my size) even though it said it didn't have any online. i'd call the stores and check over the phone.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on 5/26/16 at 7:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 73post #1081 of 13361/11/13 at 3:52pmpost #1082 of 13361/12/13 at 12:00pm
Hey, i'm looking at picking up a pair of these boots.
My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the boots.
If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)
EDIT: As a side, i did order the 10.5D's a while ago, and they were far too long, but perfect in width. (I returned them)
Edited by mHo2 - 1/12/13 at 12:43pmpost #1083 of 13361/12/13 at 12:48pmQuote:
Guess I'll give the store a call, then. Closest store is still 40 minutes away, though. Surprised they don't have a location in Manhattan or anywhere on Long Island.post #1084 of 13361/15/13 at 8:24pm
Just received a pair of these boots. It was a toss up between this and the IRs. I think it was the less bulbous toe that sealed it for me. I am an 11.5D in most dress shoes, and I guessed right reading the many posts in this thread; I went down 0.5 size and got a proper fit. I'll be able to wear medium socks if needed.
HOWEVER, Ima beat the HELL outta these first, to get that 'vintage' look, and then want to polish em up to look like these....
Any experiences with getting a good shine on them besides the Obe LP stuff? Thanks in advance!post #1085 of 13361/18/13 at 1:13pmpost #1086 of 13361/18/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Mine are so dark (with sno-seal/obenauf's) that I have worn it with my black leather ToJ MDR and wasn't bothered by it. I think I might be a little bothered by it in bright sunlight, but going out at night, the pairing works out ok.post #1087 of 13361/18/13 at 5:40pmpost #1088 of 13361/20/13 at 9:38ampost #1089 of 13361/20/13 at 6:06pmpost #1090 of 13361/22/13 at 2:39pmpost #1091 of 13361/23/13 at 6:31pmpost #1092 of 13361/24/13 at 6:05amQuote:
I didn't apply anything to my first pair since they were really well oiled out of the box and had no problems, just wiped them down with a damp cloth from time to time. After a year of wear I had a problem with the toe box stitching and swapped them out for a new pair in a store.
The newer pair was a little more dried out since it wasn't strait from the factory, and the salt on sidewalks around Boston pushed me to apply some Obenauf's. I used a light hand though and they look just like the first pair did strait from the factory. Within a two weeks they had even started getting back to that lighter color, but an approaching snow storm hand me applying another light coat.
Below is a pic of my first pair (no Obenauf's). I'm looking at my new pair right now (with a light coating of Obenauf's) and they look identical to these:
Quote:post #1093 of 13361/24/13 at 10:05ampost #1094 of 13361/26/13 at 11:35ampost #1095 of 13361/26/13 at 11:51amIf anyone is interested, I have a pair of these in 10.5, in the old style leather (much preferable IMO) that I'm going to return to LLB.
I much much prefer the look of these, but the 11Ds fit me better.
Just thought I'd see if anyone here wanted them before I send them back, tried on indoors, but never worn outdoors.
Bought them at the old price too, so like ~45 cheaper than the current LLB retail..
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Roberto Ugolini shoes, 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 13 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 14 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding