My advice? Obenauf/treat before any significant wearing. Wear only serves to darken up the leather from oils and foreign contaminants, and once your apply treatment overtop it darkens the already dark/burnished boot even more.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on 9/20/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 71post #1051 of 133712/12/12 at 7:43pmpost #1052 of 133712/13/12 at 5:30pmpost #1053 of 133712/13/12 at 5:51pmpost #1054 of 133712/13/12 at 6:17pm
Has anyone else had an issue with one or both of the boots cutting into the outer side of their leg, leaving a ridge after wear and causing numbness in their foot? I'm hoping this will go away with more break in and I've been working the collar with my hands trying to loosen it up.
This only happened with the right boot and oddly enough not until about a week of wear.post #1055 of 133712/14/12 at 7:58ampost #1056 of 133712/15/12 at 12:20ampost #1057 of 133712/15/12 at 10:47ampost #1058 of 133712/15/12 at 11:26ampost #1059 of 133712/15/12 at 12:35pmpost #1060 of 133712/26/12 at 2:51pmpost #1061 of 133712/27/12 at 8:34pmpost #1062 of 133712/27/12 at 9:17pmpost #1063 of 133712/28/12 at 4:44pmQuote:
There's more to it than cap toe vs plain toe. The Apache Lacer (GQ) has a full 360* leather welt. The Katahdin boot has a plastic and leather 270* welt. The GQ has a Vibram Stockbridge Gumlite sole, which is lighter and grippier than the cork sole, IMO. The differences aren't going to make or break you if it's just a casual wear boot, but the GQ is better built as a work or outdoor boot. The same boot comes in a steel toe, 8" height and three different lugged soles as well.post #1064 of 133712/28/12 at 6:03pm
just had a horror story with mine:
after owning them for about 3 weeks, wore them out last night (first significant snow)....
...came home after work today, both heels came undone (from the inner part of the heel closer to the toe) and started splitting towards the back end.
went to llbean, they were all shocked, took them back right away, and are shipping me a new pair, but looks like i'll be without them for a week or so.
put on my keen's to go to the store, almost cried. the guy in the shoe dept didn't know what to say, he seemed surprised too.
anyways, the first 3 days, i felt like some runway chick in them because i wasn't used to that heel style, but after about a week or so, they were the best feeling/looking shoes i had up until this point.
hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.post #1065 of 133712/28/12 at 6:10pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Appropriate Desert Boots w/Suit 10 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 18 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 19 minutes ago
- › Vintage Brown Leather Cole Haan Oxford Shoes 8.5 US 19 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...