Just got mine today, fit perfectly. Tried on Red Wing iron rangers and they fit just like those. Boots are way darker than I expected and seem like there's already a coating on them so I dont need to put anything on em.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:49am in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 70post #1037 of 134611/19/12 at 4:29pmpost #1038 of 134611/21/12 at 4:58pmpost #1039 of 134611/21/12 at 5:59pmQuote:
they just came in.
i got a size 10D.
they fit like 10 clarks dbs.
fit like 10.5 adidas sneakers.
fit like 11 nike running shoes, fwiw.
also, best boots i've ever owned (for all of half a day, but used to just go through cheapo work boots).post #1040 of 134611/22/12 at 7:08pm
I'm about to order a pair of Katahdin boots for myself over the weekend, but I'm really confused on which size to order. For reference, my Clarks Desert Boots are size 7M, and my sneakers, low-top Chucks and Keds Champion Chukka, are both size 8.5. How's the sizing on these boots? It'd be great to hear from people who own any of these shoes. I want to be extra sure on the size since I can't return the boots once I order them, since I'm ordering outside the U.S. with a package forwarding service.post #1041 of 134611/23/12 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Neon Ghosts
I'm about to order a pair of Katahdin boots for myself over the weekend, but I'm really confused on which size to order. For reference, my Clarks Desert Boots are size 7M, and my sneakers, low-top Chucks and Keds Champion Chukka, are both size 8.5. How's the sizing on these boots? It'd be great to hear from people who own any of these shoes. I want to be extra sure on the size since I can't return the boots once I order them, since I'm ordering outside the U.S. with a package forwarding service.
Read my post a few back about sizeing.post #1042 of 134611/29/12 at 9:08pm
So I thought I cleaned most of the visible glue on my boots, wore em for the first time in the snow and to my surprise I did not. The glue in the seams turned white from the melting snow and looked absolutely horrible. Looked like there was wet salt or sand along every seam of the boots.post #1043 of 134611/30/12 at 9:39amAnyone in sz 28-31 have fit pics of a pair of APC PS with these? I want to pull off a similar look to:
But I'm not sure if it'll work (the laces around the boot thing for example). I found a pic of em tucked in on pg 2 but its just one pic..post #1044 of 134611/30/12 at 10:14am
For those of you interested in the J. Crew version, J. Crew has 30% off orders over $250. The cap toe J. Crew version is $268. The plain-toe appears to be sold out in all but size 12. A couple days ago they had all the sizes but they were backordered a month.
I bit on the J. Crew cap-toe version. I own the Katahdins but after a couple of weeks, they are just too dark and the welt and cap toe stitching on mine looks poorly done and uneven to me. We'll see if the J. Crew version is any better.
Anyone have luck on flat waxed laces? I'm about to just call Wolverine and see if I can get some from them...post #1045 of 134612/4/12 at 7:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by zetazeta
Anyone in sz 28-31 have fit pics of a pair of APC PS with these? I want to pull off a similar look to:
But I'm not sure if it'll work (the laces around the boot thing for example). I found a pic of em tucked in on pg 2 but its just one pic..
Don't do it! These boots won't work for that style.
That's the look I was going for, and let me tell you these boots are CHUNKY and CLUNKY as hell. I got the Chippewa GQs and for a short guy like me, the huge thick Vibram sole makes you look like you're wearing platform shoes. The full Goodyear welt that goes around the entire boot only makes it look bigger and wider.
The pics you posted are of "slim" low profile boots. More fashion than winter function, but they look much better. I haven't yet found a pair that is a decent balance.
Also about quality:
Mine came with damage and after only a couple weeks already have a hole in the toebox lining from my big toe (yes I clip my nails), even though the toebox has room both in length and width.post #1046 of 134612/7/12 at 9:12am
My experience with sizing of these boots:
Dress shoe size ranges from 9-9.5 (Johnston & Murphy), so based upon some advice I've read I ordered down about a half size, getting the boot in size 9. Way too tight, so returned for 9.5.
Kept 9.5 for a year, wearing maybe a half-dozen times indoors hoping to break them in. Wore them again this fall and realized these were also too tight (toes crammed) and likely would not stretch to fit, so returned last month for size 10. Awesome return/exchange policy, LL Bean!
Wearing size 10 today for second time. These feel great! Plenty of toe room (maybe 1/2 an inch/thumb width).
Bottom line: I own shoes ranging from size 8.5 (loafers) to 11.5 (running shoes). However, in other boots I own, size 10 is most comfortable. Sizing down with these did not work for me.post #1047 of 134612/8/12 at 10:16pmMy experience:
I'm an 11D in most things AE, LLB Mocs, Sperry, Sebago, a 10.5 in the alden lasts that run a size small.
10.5D Katahdins were great on length, but tight at the sides and overall just a small toe box in general.
10.5W Katahdins far too wide
11D Katahdins too long, had heel slippagepost #1048 of 134612/8/12 at 11:04pmpost #1049 of 134612/12/12 at 9:14ampost #1050 of 134612/12/12 at 7:33pm
Got a pair last Friday. Definitely not the color I expected coming out of the box. A lot darker than I expected, which I'm happy about. I'm going to do what Teger did and apply some obenauf to darken them up a little bit more. But other than my feet getting a little beat up, I really like them so far.
As far as sizing, I went down half a size and they fit great.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Introduce yourself. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Herring shoes and Wildsmith 17 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 18 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...