Just got mine today, fit perfectly. Tried on Red Wing iron rangers and they fit just like those. Boots are way darker than I expected and seem like there's already a coating on them so I dont need to put anything on em.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's 2990 11" Engineer Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Men's Wabasha Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandRed Wing Shoestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemRed Wing Shoes Men's Beckman Chukka Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion Last post on Yesterday at 1:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Red Wing Heritage 9012 9.5D Chestnut moc-toe boot. ***FINAL REDUCTION!*** Last post on 1/4/13 at 2:38pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Red Wing Boots | Baracuta Harrington | SeaVees Last post on 7/7/11 at 7:29pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 5/12 Drop! Buttero, NDC, Red Wing GT,GramSE, Edwin, Fred Perry, Mabitex,Hickey F Last post on 5/12/11 at 1:04pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Crescent Down Works Italian Vest; Made in US Selvedge Levi's; Red Wing Boots, more Last post on 3/14/11 at 4:00pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Calling all LLBean Katahdin Iron Works Boots owners - Page 70post #1037 of 133611/19/12 at 4:29pmpost #1038 of 133611/21/12 at 4:58pmpost #1039 of 133611/21/12 at 5:59pmQuote:
they just came in.
i got a size 10D.
they fit like 10 clarks dbs.
fit like 10.5 adidas sneakers.
fit like 11 nike running shoes, fwiw.
also, best boots i've ever owned (for all of half a day, but used to just go through cheapo work boots).post #1040 of 133611/22/12 at 7:08pm
I'm about to order a pair of Katahdin boots for myself over the weekend, but I'm really confused on which size to order. For reference, my Clarks Desert Boots are size 7M, and my sneakers, low-top Chucks and Keds Champion Chukka, are both size 8.5. How's the sizing on these boots? It'd be great to hear from people who own any of these shoes. I want to be extra sure on the size since I can't return the boots once I order them, since I'm ordering outside the U.S. with a package forwarding service.post #1041 of 133611/23/12 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Neon Ghosts
I'm about to order a pair of Katahdin boots for myself over the weekend, but I'm really confused on which size to order. For reference, my Clarks Desert Boots are size 7M, and my sneakers, low-top Chucks and Keds Champion Chukka, are both size 8.5. How's the sizing on these boots? It'd be great to hear from people who own any of these shoes. I want to be extra sure on the size since I can't return the boots once I order them, since I'm ordering outside the U.S. with a package forwarding service.
Read my post a few back about sizeing.post #1042 of 133611/29/12 at 9:08pm
So I thought I cleaned most of the visible glue on my boots, wore em for the first time in the snow and to my surprise I did not. The glue in the seams turned white from the melting snow and looked absolutely horrible. Looked like there was wet salt or sand along every seam of the boots.post #1043 of 133611/30/12 at 9:39amAnyone in sz 28-31 have fit pics of a pair of APC PS with these? I want to pull off a similar look to:
But I'm not sure if it'll work (the laces around the boot thing for example). I found a pic of em tucked in on pg 2 but its just one pic..post #1044 of 133611/30/12 at 10:14am
For those of you interested in the J. Crew version, J. Crew has 30% off orders over $250. The cap toe J. Crew version is $268. The plain-toe appears to be sold out in all but size 12. A couple days ago they had all the sizes but they were backordered a month.
I bit on the J. Crew cap-toe version. I own the Katahdins but after a couple of weeks, they are just too dark and the welt and cap toe stitching on mine looks poorly done and uneven to me. We'll see if the J. Crew version is any better.
Anyone have luck on flat waxed laces? I'm about to just call Wolverine and see if I can get some from them...post #1045 of 133612/4/12 at 7:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by zetazeta
Anyone in sz 28-31 have fit pics of a pair of APC PS with these? I want to pull off a similar look to:
But I'm not sure if it'll work (the laces around the boot thing for example). I found a pic of em tucked in on pg 2 but its just one pic..
Don't do it! These boots won't work for that style.
That's the look I was going for, and let me tell you these boots are CHUNKY and CLUNKY as hell. I got the Chippewa GQs and for a short guy like me, the huge thick Vibram sole makes you look like you're wearing platform shoes. The full Goodyear welt that goes around the entire boot only makes it look bigger and wider.
The pics you posted are of "slim" low profile boots. More fashion than winter function, but they look much better. I haven't yet found a pair that is a decent balance.
Also about quality:
Mine came with damage and after only a couple weeks already have a hole in the toebox lining from my big toe (yes I clip my nails), even though the toebox has room both in length and width.post #1046 of 133612/7/12 at 9:12am
My experience with sizing of these boots:
Dress shoe size ranges from 9-9.5 (Johnston & Murphy), so based upon some advice I've read I ordered down about a half size, getting the boot in size 9. Way too tight, so returned for 9.5.
Kept 9.5 for a year, wearing maybe a half-dozen times indoors hoping to break them in. Wore them again this fall and realized these were also too tight (toes crammed) and likely would not stretch to fit, so returned last month for size 10. Awesome return/exchange policy, LL Bean!
Wearing size 10 today for second time. These feel great! Plenty of toe room (maybe 1/2 an inch/thumb width).
Bottom line: I own shoes ranging from size 8.5 (loafers) to 11.5 (running shoes). However, in other boots I own, size 10 is most comfortable. Sizing down with these did not work for me.post #1047 of 133612/8/12 at 10:16pmMy experience:
I'm an 11D in most things AE, LLB Mocs, Sperry, Sebago, a 10.5 in the alden lasts that run a size small.
10.5D Katahdins were great on length, but tight at the sides and overall just a small toe box in general.
10.5W Katahdins far too wide
11D Katahdins too long, had heel slippagepost #1048 of 133612/8/12 at 11:04pmpost #1049 of 133612/12/12 at 9:14ampost #1050 of 133612/12/12 at 7:33pm
Got a pair last Friday. Definitely not the color I expected coming out of the box. A lot darker than I expected, which I'm happy about. I'm going to do what Teger did and apply some obenauf to darken them up a little bit more. But other than my feet getting a little beat up, I really like them so far.
As far as sizing, I went down half a size and they fit great.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider VI 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding