or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 403

post #6031 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post

fit picks please biggrin.gif

As requested - fit pics of the Buzz Rickson 1910. This is the size 36 and I had the sleeves shortened a bit, but even at 5'5" I think the length is great.









Extra pic for fun - collar down (Click to show)
post #6032 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post

As requested - fit pics of the Buzz Rickson 1910. This is the size 36 and I had the sleeves shortened a bit, but even at 5'5" I think the length is great.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks! That pea coat is awesome! Perfect fit IMO!
Edited by Cooly - 1/10/16 at 5:18pm
post #6033 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post

Thanks! That pea coat is awesome! Perfect fit IMO!

Much obliged! Feel free to spoiler the pics in your reply so people don't have to look at my mug so many times in a row wink.gif
post #6034 of 6079


Hello SF. Believe it or not, this is my first peacoat ever. I'm just not sure if the fit is good. Chest and shoulders seem good. Sleeve length seems alright. Im just not so sure about the waist. I like all my tops to feel snug and this one isn't as snug as I'd like it to be. This is a size Small (I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs) and there's no XS in this coat unfortunately. How does it look? Does it look to loose or does it look good? Sorry. It's just that I'm rebuilding my casual wardrobe and I want it to look as good as possible. I plan on wearing this coat the majority of the time with slim jeans and boots (1K boots, Clarks Originals and dress boots). Thanks! And I hope I get the answers I'm looking for..
post #6035 of 6079
@Newberry

Are you wearing a sweater under the coat? I can't tell. From the picture it looks fine to me. You don't want it too tight as you still need room to move around
post #6036 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

@Newberry

Are you wearing a sweater under the coat? I can't tell. From the picture it looks fine to me. You don't want it too tight as you still need room to move around

No sweater. Just a t-shirt. I don't plan on doing to much layering. Just shirts, polos, OCBDs and maybe dress shirts every now and then. Thanks for the reply btw
post #6037 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



No sweater. Just a t-shirt. I don't plan on doing to much layering. Just shirts, polos, OCBDs and maybe dress shirts every now and then. Thanks for the reply btw

Where do you live? I wear sweaters and a shirt combo or just a sweater in fall.
post #6038 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Where do you live? I wear sweaters and a shirt combo or just a sweater in fall.

I live in Chicago. So it can get pretty chilly. Actually maybe a sweater would be a good and stylish idea, especially this time of the year because I think we can all agree that layering can spice up any outfit.
post #6039 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



I live in Chicago. So it can get pretty chilly. Actually maybe a sweater would be a good and stylish idea, especially this time of the year because I think we can all agree that layering can spice up any outfit.

Chicago is cold brother. Peacoat is great for fall weather but of course not in dead winter. Wear a sweater under and see if its too loose or too tight, then go from there but it looks fine in the pics.
post #6040 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Chicago is cold brother. Peacoat is great for fall weather but of course not in dead winter. Wear a sweater under and see if its too loose or too tight, then go from there but it looks fine in the pics.

Yea and thanks for replying and thanks for advice. Maybe im just feeling it loose since I'm new to peacoats and not use to them.
post #6041 of 6079
Sleeves are a little long, shoulders are too big and the torso is too long and too loose. In other words, you need a size or two smaller, which isn't available.

For Chicago, you will need two peacoats; one that has a snug fit with just a shirt underneath for temps above freezing, and one that is a size larger for layering when the temps are below freezing (your mileage may vary). If your peacoats are thick heavy 100% wool, they ought to block the wind and give enough warmth for quite a bit of your Winter wear. Of course, as Rocket said, Chicago can get cold. When it does, specialized wear, such as a quality parka, will be necessary.
post #6042 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacoat View Post

Sleeves are a little long, shoulders are too big and the torso is too long and too loose. In other words, you need a size or two smaller, which isn't available.

For Chicago, you will need two peacoats; one that has a snug fit with just a shirt underneath for temps above freezing, and one that is a size larger for layering when the temps are below freezing (your mileage may vary). If your peacoats are thick heavy 100% wool, they ought to block the wind and give enough warmth for quite a bit of your Winter wear. Of course, as Rocket said, Chicago can get cold. When it does, specialized wear, such as a quality parka, will be necessary.

Yea. A parka is what's next on my list. As for the peacoat, the chest and shoulders feel fine because anything tighter and I would probably have trouble moving my arms. How does the coat look length wise? Also the sleeves may seem a bit long but the main thing that bugs me is the waist and that it feels a bit loose.
post #6043 of 6079
A peacoat should just cover the butt, with maybe an inch below the butt. Anything longer, and it is too long. I would rather have the sleeves too long than too short, but overall I would say the coat is a size or two too large for you.
post #6044 of 6079

Hey, fellas. I've been looking for a shorter black (or dark charcoal) pea coat at an affordable price ($100-$200 would be my target) for 3 months now. I'm a slim 5'7" and haven't had any luck finding anything under 29 inches in length. Any suggestions?


Edited by getsituated - 1/18/16 at 2:58am
post #6045 of 6079

I owe a lot to Peacoat and his advice. I went ahead and bought a Buzz Rickson and was wondering about the fit. I will lose 10 pounds.

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE