or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 400

post #5986 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacoat View Post


For the sleeve length, about half way between the wrist and the knuckles. Some like them a bit shorter. For the body length, it should just cover the butt, probably not more than an inch or two below.

Thanks for the info...

 

...well the sleeve length is right on to your advice with the RRL one I got, but I wouldn't say it "just covers my butt by an inch or two" maybe midway down?  Anyway, a few people have told me this one fits well, plus the quality of it seems to be really good... so I guess I will keep it.  The other one I was thinking of getting was the Buzz Rickson one, but I liked the fit of this one better...

 

Here are some pics of it with my sleeves out of the pocket and from the side - showing how it doesn't cover the entire backside (which I don't think I want it that long - but if others think this looks ridiculously short let me know)... (btw, even though it looks black in this picture ...it's dark navy blue)

 

cmp3.10.3.2Lq4 0xad6b4f35

 

cmp3.10.3.2Lq4 0xf4621759


Edited by Cooly - 10/23/15 at 4:21pm
post #5987 of 6079

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-wool-peacoat/id_288529?sku_0=::CLN

 

 

 

Any idea how dark this peacoat will actually look? I was looking for something in a dark navy and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with LandsEnd peacoats...

 

trying to find a coat in the less than 200 range that will fit a tall guy with long arms...so far its been a tough search

post #5988 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakersfan24 View Post

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-wool-peacoat/id_288529?sku_0=::CLN





Any idea how dark this peacoat will actually look? I was looking for something in a dark navy and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with LandsEnd peacoats...

trying to find a coat in the less than 200 range that will fit a tall guy with long arms...so far its been a tough search

Most likely it'll look almost black. If you have a South Asian complexion judging by your avatar, this might work perfect. Peacoats, IME, tend toward shorter guys, so getting one that fits someone taller than 6 feet can be challenging. You might want to invest in a chesterfield at some point, but that's a different ballgame and more formal.
post #5989 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post


Most likely it'll look almost black. If you have a South Asian complexion judging by your avatar, this might work perfect. Peacoats, IME, tend toward shorter guys, so getting one that fits someone taller than 6 feet can be challenging. You might want to invest in a chesterfield at some point, but that's a different ballgame and more formal.

 

I just got the Lands End Peacoat and I'm happy with the color and the length, I got the XL-Tall(I'm 6"4 235). However, the sleeves were really long(I'm a "37). Also, the shoulders felt narrow (i have wide shoulders). Thoughts on fit?

 

 

 

post #5990 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakersfan24 View Post
 

 

I just got the Lands End Peacoat and I'm happy with the color and the length, I got the XL-Tall(I'm 6"4 235). However, the sleeves were really long(I'm a "37). Also, the shoulders felt narrow (i have wide shoulders). Thoughts on fit?

 

 

 

well, i'm not a pea coat expert by any means but the sleeves seem long too me and any garment would bother me of it touched or went past my first knuckle like that.

 

def get some other opinions...

post #5991 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooly View Post
 

well, i'm not a pea coat expert by any means but the sleeves seem long too me and any garment would bother me of it touched or went past my first knuckle like that.

 

def get some other opinions...


Oh yea...I'm def gonna return it but I'm not sure whether I should stay an XL(that was an WX-tall) or size down to a large or go with a different coat. I really hate online ordering with coats because its hard to find your right size. I'd go sterlingwear if I knew it would be the right size :(

post #5992 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakersfan24 View Post


Oh yea...I'm def gonna return it but I'm not sure whether I should stay an XL(that was an WX-tall) or size down to a large or go with a different coat. I really hate online ordering with coats because its hard to find your right size. I'd go sterlingwear if I knew it would be the right size frown.gif
I hear you on online ordering - on the RRL one above - I would have most definitely ordered a Medim as that is my normal RRL size; however, luckily I was able to go into the RL store and try on both and get the RLs sales advice to get the correct smaller size (size small).

Otherwise, I would have probably just kept the medium and gone around with a pea coat to big for me thinking that's how it was "supposed to fit" ... smile.gif
post #5993 of 6079
post #5994 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLinStyle View Post
 

 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=78214886&origkw=peacoat&sr=1&kw=pea+coat&parentPage=search

 

What is the SF opinion on this POLO RL peacoat ?

I thought it was nice, it had more "structure" than the RRL one I chose over it.  It was almost like a peacoat with some refined top coat qualities.  IMO, the RRL one looked more like the vintage peacoats and had the "rougher", thicker edge to it with the corduroy chest pockets.  The vintage look was what I was going for anyway (like Buzz Rickson, Real McCoy).

 

Strangely (IMHO) the RRL one is ~$250 less and 100% wool - while the Polo one is $900 and 20% synthetic....


Edited by Cooly - 10/30/15 at 3:35pm
post #5995 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakersfan24 View Post

I just got the Lands End Peacoat and I'm happy with the color and the length, I got the XL-Tall(I'm 6"4 235). However, the sleeves were really long(I'm a "37). Also, the shoulders felt narrow (i have wide shoulders). Thoughts on fit?

Looks pretty boxy and overall a bit big, perhaps size down and see how that works?
post #5996 of 6079

Can you guys help me out?

 

Im looking for a warm, casual peacoat

-with a slim-fit

-in the color dark grey or olive

-within Europe

 

Budget around $200,-

 

I'm 5'10 and 135 lb. Almost bought a J. Crew Dock Peacoat XS from eBay, but didn't like the lapel after seeing some fit pics. 

Really like the Schott and Billy Reid ones, but those are a bit expensive. 

 

 

Any suggestions?

post #5997 of 6079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakersfan24 View Post
 

 

I just got the Lands End Peacoat and I'm happy with the color and the length, I got the XL-Tall(I'm 6"4 235). However, the sleeves were really long(I'm a "37). Also, the shoulders felt narrow (i have wide shoulders). Thoughts on fit?

 

 

 

 

I recently ordered the peacoat in the link below (with one of their 40% of sales) from Lands End but went with a Large-Tall and I'm 6'8 235.  The fit is perfect, perhaps your shoulders are wider than mine.  I have a 44" chest FWIW but I've always found LE's stuff to run on the big/baggy side.

 

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-wool-herringbone-peacoat/id_288530?sku_0=::K39

post #5998 of 6079
I recently returned that coat for the large tall in the navy blue. Good to hear it fits you well. I'm 6"5 235 and a 46" based on my suit supply suits. Will receive the new size this week and hope it works out like it did for you.
post #5999 of 6079

Just purchased the RRL peacoat with the 40% off. Hopefully it goes through.

post #6000 of 6079

peacoat,

 

I  have a chest size bare skin across the nipples of 39.5" and if I go up the chest a bit above the nipples 38.5" these were taken NOT inhaling.

 

I want a sleek/slim fit peacoat from the 60's era like a 66, 67 jacket would be great. 

 

I have been thinking about going with a size 36 because right now I am about 15lbs heavier than I need and my chest/ mid section is where I store a lot of weight so that would come down some with cleaning up my diet. been there and done it.

 

most of the 36's seem to list at 20" pit to pit, 17.5" shoulder to shoulder and 31" long. Would this work? did they make a 36s? 

 

The ideal sleeve length for me is 24" shoulder to cuff that puts it about 3/4 down from my wrist to my knuckles.

 

What in that era of coats in the kersey wool would you recommend with the given info?

 

thanks so much


Edited by weider1717 - 11/7/15 at 10:33pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE