Nah, just kidding. The fit looks fine, in my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 382post #5716 of 59435/13/14 at 10:01am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5717 of 59435/13/14 at 11:22ampost #5718 of 59435/13/14 at 2:02pmQuote:
The Navy quit using Kersey as a cost cutting measure back in 1980. I'm not aware of any other company using it.post #5719 of 59435/13/14 at 2:36pmpost #5720 of 59435/14/14 at 5:04amQuote:
Haha, will be back in the gym soon. My clothes are starting to not fit me :( I Love the look of the kersay wool coats. They are around $200+ on vintage trends in my size, they worth getting hold of one?post #5721 of 59435/14/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Well, they aren't making anymore of them, and it is the finest material made for peacoats. Probably find one less than that on ebay, though. If I didn't have one, I would gladly pay that much for a nice one.post #5722 of 59435/18/14 at 1:12ampost #5723 of 59435/18/14 at 5:21amQuote:
The WWII models are the slimmest. They got a little larger post war in the 40s. Only a little difference between the 50s and the 70s, but some. Many people wouldn't notice the difference.
If one is filled out to one's adult size, with normal proportions, fit shouldn't be a problem. If, however, the buyer still has the skinny frame of adolescence, the coat will be too large. As an example, I have a chest size of 42" and weigh 190 lbs. with an athletic frame. A size 40 peacoat gives me a trim fit with only a shirt underneath. A size 42 allows enough room to layer a sweater and still obtain a trim fit.
If you haven't already done so, read the peacoat dating guide that is linked in my signature line below. A section on fitting is toward the end of the guide.post #5724 of 59435/20/14 at 10:11pmFrom the wiki.
Kersey - a type of cloth construction, using wool.
Melton- a type of cloth construction, using wool.
Merino- a type of sheep that produce very fine wool.
This same wool is used in making fabrics from 8 ounce weight
summer suiting, as well as 32 ounce kersey and 24 once melton.
Edited by a tailor - 5/23/14 at 9:43pmpost #5725 of 59436/20/14 at 7:31pmpost #5726 of 59436/20/14 at 8:24pmpost #5727 of 59436/26/14 at 6:07pm
I'm impressed. This looks much better than previous Bond style peacoats you posted in the past. The buttons are placed more like what I expect to see and the proportions of the coat are better. A question: could you produce a cotton version in a navy or midnight blue or perhaps a charcoal? And could a fabric be picked with water resistance?
Thanks.post #5728 of 59436/30/14 at 6:56ampost #5729 of 59437/1/14 at 9:31ampost #5730 of 59437/1/14 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by luxire
Ain't it tough to think of peacoats in summer?
Maybe im missing something, but what is the point of the side pockets that are placed very high up? You obviously cannot put your hands in them to keep them warm, and they are so high up that they are awkard to reach in to place and remove items.
Front pockets with flaps are also very awkard...my current peacoat has the same front pockets, and i have to bend my arms at an awkard angle to fit them in. I would much prefer the traditional side pockets that let you comfortably place your hands inside.
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge 10th of July: DTO Claghorn 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 2 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...