Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 3/17/15 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 382post #5716 of 59265/11/14 at 2:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5717 of 59265/13/14 at 10:01amWow. You sure have. Better start laying off the pizzas, dude.
Nah, just kidding. The fit looks fine, in my opinion.post #5718 of 59265/13/14 at 11:22ampost #5719 of 59265/13/14 at 2:02pmQuote:
The Navy quit using Kersey as a cost cutting measure back in 1980. I'm not aware of any other company using it.post #5720 of 59265/13/14 at 2:36pmpost #5721 of 59265/14/14 at 5:04amQuote:
Haha, will be back in the gym soon. My clothes are starting to not fit me :( I Love the look of the kersay wool coats. They are around $200+ on vintage trends in my size, they worth getting hold of one?post #5722 of 59265/14/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Well, they aren't making anymore of them, and it is the finest material made for peacoats. Probably find one less than that on ebay, though. If I didn't have one, I would gladly pay that much for a nice one.post #5723 of 59265/18/14 at 1:12ampost #5724 of 59265/18/14 at 5:21amQuote:
The WWII models are the slimmest. They got a little larger post war in the 40s. Only a little difference between the 50s and the 70s, but some. Many people wouldn't notice the difference.
If one is filled out to one's adult size, with normal proportions, fit shouldn't be a problem. If, however, the buyer still has the skinny frame of adolescence, the coat will be too large. As an example, I have a chest size of 42" and weigh 190 lbs. with an athletic frame. A size 40 peacoat gives me a trim fit with only a shirt underneath. A size 42 allows enough room to layer a sweater and still obtain a trim fit.
If you haven't already done so, read the peacoat dating guide that is linked in my signature line below. A section on fitting is toward the end of the guide.post #5725 of 59265/20/14 at 10:11pmFrom the wiki.
Kersey - a type of cloth construction, using wool.
Melton- a type of cloth construction, using wool.
Merino- a type of sheep that produce very fine wool.
This same wool is used in making fabrics from 8 ounce weight
summer suiting, as well as 32 ounce kersey and 24 once melton.
Edited by a tailor - 5/23/14 at 9:43pmpost #5726 of 59266/20/14 at 7:31pmpost #5727 of 59266/20/14 at 8:24pmpost #5728 of 59266/26/14 at 6:07pm
I'm impressed. This looks much better than previous Bond style peacoats you posted in the past. The buttons are placed more like what I expect to see and the proportions of the coat are better. A question: could you produce a cotton version in a navy or midnight blue or perhaps a charcoal? And could a fabric be picked with water resistance?
Thanks.post #5729 of 59266/30/14 at 6:56am
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › New Balance 998 Horween Leather - 10.5 (Brown) 14 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › IC--TOJ1 CAMEL/CREAM REVERSIBLE(CAMO) VARSITY SIZE 50 2 minutes ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Excellent Condition - Viberg 1950 Boot - Black Chromexcel (VIBERG... 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...