Nah, just kidding. The fit looks fine, in my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/11/16 at 3:17pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 382post #5716 of 60445/13/14 at 10:01am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5717 of 60445/13/14 at 11:22ampost #5718 of 60445/13/14 at 2:02pmQuote:
The Navy quit using Kersey as a cost cutting measure back in 1980. I'm not aware of any other company using it.post #5719 of 60445/13/14 at 2:36pmpost #5720 of 60445/14/14 at 5:04amQuote:
Haha, will be back in the gym soon. My clothes are starting to not fit me :( I Love the look of the kersay wool coats. They are around $200+ on vintage trends in my size, they worth getting hold of one?post #5721 of 60445/14/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Well, they aren't making anymore of them, and it is the finest material made for peacoats. Probably find one less than that on ebay, though. If I didn't have one, I would gladly pay that much for a nice one.post #5722 of 60445/18/14 at 1:12ampost #5723 of 60445/18/14 at 5:21amQuote:
The WWII models are the slimmest. They got a little larger post war in the 40s. Only a little difference between the 50s and the 70s, but some. Many people wouldn't notice the difference.
If one is filled out to one's adult size, with normal proportions, fit shouldn't be a problem. If, however, the buyer still has the skinny frame of adolescence, the coat will be too large. As an example, I have a chest size of 42" and weigh 190 lbs. with an athletic frame. A size 40 peacoat gives me a trim fit with only a shirt underneath. A size 42 allows enough room to layer a sweater and still obtain a trim fit.
If you haven't already done so, read the peacoat dating guide that is linked in my signature line below. A section on fitting is toward the end of the guide.post #5724 of 60445/20/14 at 10:11pmFrom the wiki.
Kersey - a type of cloth construction, using wool.
Melton- a type of cloth construction, using wool.
Merino- a type of sheep that produce very fine wool.
This same wool is used in making fabrics from 8 ounce weight
summer suiting, as well as 32 ounce kersey and 24 once melton.
Edited by a tailor - 5/23/14 at 9:43pmpost #5725 of 60446/20/14 at 7:31pmpost #5726 of 60446/20/14 at 8:24pmpost #5727 of 60446/26/14 at 6:07pm
I'm impressed. This looks much better than previous Bond style peacoats you posted in the past. The buttons are placed more like what I expect to see and the proportions of the coat are better. A question: could you produce a cotton version in a navy or midnight blue or perhaps a charcoal? And could a fabric be picked with water resistance?
Thanks.post #5728 of 60446/30/14 at 6:56ampost #5729 of 60447/1/14 at 9:31ampost #5730 of 60447/1/14 at 9:34amQuote:Originally Posted by luxire
Ain't it tough to think of peacoats in summer?
Maybe im missing something, but what is the point of the side pockets that are placed very high up? You obviously cannot put your hands in them to keep them warm, and they are so high up that they are awkard to reach in to place and remove items.
Front pockets with flaps are also very awkard...my current peacoat has the same front pockets, and i have to bend my arms at an awkard angle to fit them in. I would much prefer the traditional side pockets that let you comfortably place your hands inside.
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Poor man's watch thread 29 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 22 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 30 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy pants size 32 navy and charcoal gray (unworn) 37 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.