Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 3/17/15 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 381post #5701 of 59272/23/14 at 2:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5702 of 59272/26/14 at 4:03pmHi guys, glad i found the forum. Lots of good advice.
Any thoughts on this coat? I think it could do with being taken in around the bottom for a slimmer fit?
Its by a Japanese designer named camoshita. It's an Excellent quality but expensive coat, so any tailoring I had done would need to be of good quality.
What do you guys think?post #5703 of 59273/2/14 at 2:19pmpost #5704 of 59273/2/14 at 2:58pmpost #5705 of 59273/3/14 at 12:32pmpost #5706 of 59273/3/14 at 10:40pmpost #5707 of 59273/4/14 at 12:54pmQuote:
Peter is a scum. That's his wife, Carla.post #5708 of 59273/6/14 at 11:36ampost #5709 of 59273/6/14 at 2:14pmpost #5710 of 59273/9/14 at 12:39pmpost #5711 of 59273/9/14 at 12:40pmpost #5712 of 59273/11/14 at 7:48ampost #5713 of 59273/12/14 at 8:33pmpost #5714 of 59273/23/14 at 5:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by SLAB
okay, I've been on the hunt for a peacoat for a couple of years now; I bought a pre WWII vintage peacoat last year but the fit was totally off.
Although I am usually a purist and go for the exact reproductions of military garments, I decided to change course and go for a jacket made by the Japanese Americana company Pherrows. Its their take on the 1913 (13 star button) peacoat. It is a modern fitted coat with most details intact aside from the fact that it is black instead of navy and not 100% wool (shockers!). So far I'm really happy with it; the sleeves are short but I like my jackets like that. The coat is made of a wool blend with polyester and acryl and seems to keep me warm enough for the current winter weather. One other important change compared to the original is the shape of the collar. I didn't like the combination of the huge collar and my small grape head so when I saw this coat, I was delighted to see they made it with a substantially smaller collar.
anyway, enough talk, here are the pictures
SAM_0819 by SLAB13, on Flickr
SAM_0820 by SLAB13, on Flickr
SAM_0821 by SLAB13, on Flickr
SAM_0822 by SLAB13, on Flickr
Damn nice jacket mate, fit is spot on. How much did this set you back?
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
Currently, there are 1346 Active Users (329 Members and 1017 Guests)
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 48 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...