or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 364

post #5446 of 5748
@btulls, It looks boring. And cheap, like a bad department store-brand coat. No style, nothing distinctive.

If you need to find a top coat versus a pea coat, you're sure to find something better than this out there.
post #5447 of 5748
how's this? too plain?


post #5448 of 5748

Hi,

 

Hopefully somebody can give me some advice/help me make a decision. Firstly, I'm 5'6 and weigh approximately 110-115lb; currently reside in Canada. I am looking to purchase a pea coat that will keep me warn, while still being fit/slim. Currently my options are: Club Monaco's XS pea coat, Sterlingwear's Mariner pea coat size 30 short, or a vintage pea coat. Although I want a vintage pea coat, I understand the fit won't look good - unless I get it tailored, however, even then that might not work, since my arms are so skinny. So I guess I have two questions. The first question - which pea coat do you think will satisfy my needs? The second question - Should I invest in a vintage pea coat?

 

Regards,

post #5449 of 5748

How does this peacoat fit me? I'm worried it might be too long

 

post #5450 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandingtea View Post
 

Hi,

 

Hopefully somebody can give me some advice/help me make a decision. Firstly, I'm 5'6 and weigh approximately 110-115lb; currently reside in Canada. I am looking to purchase a pea coat that will keep me warn, while still being fit/slim. Currently my options are: Club Monaco's XS pea coat, Sterlingwear's Mariner pea coat size 30 short, or a vintage pea coat. Although I want a vintage pea coat, I understand the fit won't look good - unless I get it tailored, however, even then that might not work, since my arms are so skinny. So I guess I have two questions. The first question - which pea coat do you think will satisfy my needs? The second question - Should I invest in a vintage pea coat?

 

Regards,

 

The picture I just posted is me in an xs club monaco peacoat. I am 5'6", 147 lbs. It feels pretty snug on me so my guess is that it might be too big on you. It fits similar to the size 34 sterlingwear I tried on.

post #5451 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandingtea View Post

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can give me some advice/help me make a decision. Firstly, I'm 5'6 and weigh approximately 110-115lb; currently reside in Canada. I am looking to purchase a pea coat that will keep me warn, while still being fit/slim. Currently my options are: Club Monaco's XS pea coat, Sterlingwear's Mariner pea coat size 30 short, or a vintage pea coat. Although I want a vintage pea coat, I understand the fit won't look good - unless I get it tailored, however, even then that might not work, since my arms are so skinny. So I guess I have two questions. The first question - which pea coat do you think will satisfy my needs? The second question - Should I invest in a vintage pea coat?

Regards,

All of the issue coats will be too big for you. Go another route.
post #5452 of 5748

Hello all,

 

Anyone have any experience with Lost Worlds cotton duck peacoats?  I know the quality is supposed to be top-notch, but I'm wondering about fit.  BR/J.Crew smalls fit me perfectly, and I'm about a 37S for jackets.  I'm 5'8", about 155, with lean build/slightly broad shoulders.  Wondering if a small in the brown cotton duck peacoat would be an OK fit (since medium sizes are listed as 38-40).  Thanks!

post #5453 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyAssassin View Post

How does this peacoat fit me? I'm worried it might be too long



Either that or your legs are too short.

But yes, it is at least a size too big.
post #5454 of 5748
@btuls, LOL. Yes. Come on, man. Where are you shopping?
post #5455 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

@btuls, LOL. Yes. Come on, man. Where are you shopping?

lol. winners. only $99. can't go wrong. good for the interim till i find something i like.
post #5456 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by btulls View Post

lol. winners. only $99. can't go wrong. good for the interim till i find something i like.

Okay, but you need to learn a key thing about this clothes shopping jones: It's wasted money unless it is the right thing. Don't get something just to get by if you don't really like it.
post #5457 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post


Okay, but you need to learn a key thing about this clothes shopping jones: It's wasted money unless it is the right thing. Don't get something just to get by if you don't really like it.

This.  Don't love it, don't buy it.

 

Unless you're literally going to freeze or something.

post #5458 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhorse92 View Post
 

Can anyone help me with the name of this peacoat?

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJJLLPP View Post


Cropped something out of that photo?
ryangosling11.jpg

LOL!!! I haven't been here since last winter, but this thread still delivers.

 

I broke out my Bond peacoat for the first time since last winter, so I thought that it was worth popping in.

post #5459 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherGuido View Post
 

Billy Reid Bond Street peacoat in charcoal.  I am 6' 1/2", 172 lbs, 41/42 suit.  This is a Large over a lightweight polo shirt and a lightweight cotton sweater.

 

Fit/Style critiques welcome!

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

It looks a little big. I'd size down to a medium. I know that they've made some changes since last year (leather color, no longer 100% wool), but I don't think that the fit should be so full. Technically, it's not a "Bond Peacoat," but it's still sweet.

post #5460 of 5748
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker245 View Post

Can anyone recommend some pea coats with narrower lapels similar to the BR Bond coat? From everything I've read online, it doesn't seem to be worth the price so I want to buy something similarly styled that would be worth it, around the same price <$700 or less. Hopefully 100% wool as well

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Bullitt View Post
 

This years peacoats are now 80% wool and 20% nylon.

Yeah. That's a damned shame, and it came as a complete surprise to some people, lol. They ordered the coat before the site had been updated to show the nylon, and when they got it, they found a pleasant surprise on the tag.

 

I think that it was absolutely worth it last year, but if I had to buy it from the second run (or whatever run they're on now), I'd probably be hesitant. They started using black leather almost immediately after the first run.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE