Anyone able to proxy Fidelity peacoat to Finland? I could find only one retailer shipping them to Finland but the price seems to be almost 400 euros which is about 550USD.. I'm pretty sure they aren't that expensive in there?
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 3/17/15 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 363
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5432 of 592711/11/13 at 10:15amQuote:
The Mil-Spec is the one issued to the sailors. It probably is cut a little differently and may be made from higher quality materials. Probably warmer as well. If I were to get a current, non-vintage peacoat, it is the one I would get.post #5433 of 592711/11/13 at 4:04pmpost #5434 of 592711/12/13 at 4:17ampost #5435 of 592711/12/13 at 12:10pmpost #5436 of 592711/12/13 at 3:19pmpost #5437 of 592711/12/13 at 3:48pmpost #5438 of 592711/13/13 at 9:58ampost #5439 of 592711/13/13 at 1:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by nola82
I'm looking for a peacoat that I will often wear over a suit. My suit size is usually a 38, sometimes a 40; P2P 20, Shoulder 18. Would a peacoat with measurements of P2P--21.5 and Shoulders--19.5 work? Or would that be too snug of a fit?
Thanks, really appreciate any answers.
Peacoats are not made to be worn over a suit jacket. You could do it by getting an oversize peacoat, but peacoats are cut at about the same length as a suit jacket, so it may well be too short to cover the jacket.post #5440 of 592711/13/13 at 2:42pm
I'm looking to buy a Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat.
I'm 5 feet 8 inches tall, 150 pounds, fairly slim/normal/i work out, usually wear a 38S suit, 15 3/4 neck, armlenght on shirts is 21.5 inches, waist is 31 inches.
Should i get a 38S? I live in a cold country and would like a pretty thick sweater under it. Anyone know if it may be too short? Too tight?post #5441 of 592711/13/13 at 5:45pm
Couple of questions...
1. Being based in Dallas, TX, it rarely gets super cold here. Last two mornings, it was about 30 degrees, but it warms up to 50 during the day. Does the weight of a coat matter in how thick and warm it will be? What would be the appropriate amount?
2. I've heard great things about Sterlingwear, but I'm also looking for something a bit more trendy/slim fit. Would Schott be the better choice?
I'm still getting acclimated with everything. Just recently snagged an Express Peacoat for about 150, but I figure I can return it if paying up another 100 will get me a darn good upgrade in the quality department.post #5442 of 592711/13/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
so what's the jacket of choice for those of us who wear a suit jacket to work? leave jacket at the office, just wear shirt and peacoat home?
what about times we need to leave the office and go somewhere else that requires suit jacket?post #5443 of 592711/14/13 at 2:40pmpost #5444 of 592711/14/13 at 7:10pmQuote:
That is a short single breasted overcoat. They were popular years ago, but went out of style because they weren't long enough to keep the wearer warm when the temperatures dropped in cold climates. Looks like some designer is trying to revive them.
If you live in a warmer climate, that length and type of coat should be fine.post #5445 of 592711/15/13 at 10:32am
spena: May I ask what size chest you are and what size superdry commodity pea coat size fit you best as well? I am trying to determine whether I should go with a Medium or Large with chest measuring 97cm (38"). Would the medium fit too true to size and a sweater won't fit underneath, or should I go with a large?
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
- The Current State of Americana
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 25 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Discuss Swaine Adeney Brigg cases 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...