or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 360

post #5386 of 5820
Hey guys, how much chest size did you go up compared to your natural chest? 1" 3"? I'm a 41.5 and looking at coats that measure 22".
post #5387 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestwardDrift View Post
 

Chrispy650, have you received the coat yet? What size did you get and what are your thoughts on the coat? Does the tag say 100% wool or is it 80/20 like the navy and black versions?

Tried the coat on and it is awesome. Tag says 100% wool and the fit is awesome. I have a slim/muscular build and it fits perfectly. Not too tight yet slim enough to look good and feel comfortable.

post #5388 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post
 

Tried the coat on and it is awesome. Tag says 100% wool and the fit is awesome. I have a slim/muscular build and it fits perfectly. Not too tight yet slim enough to look good and feel comfortable.

Sounds good. What is size did you get? I'm 6'4", 190lbs, and would prefer a large for the slimness, but worry that I'll need an xl for arm length. I hope either Billy Reid or East Dane have another sale around Black Friday.

post #5389 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestwardDrift View Post

Sounds good. What is size did you get? I'm 6'4", 190lbs, and would prefer a large for the slimness, but worry that I'll need an xl for arm length. I hope either Billy Reid or East Dane have another sale around Black Friday.

I got a small. I'm usually a small in jackets so I would suggest going TTS. I have a little bit of room to layer if I wanted to. I'm 5'9" 155 37" chest 30" waist ~17ish shoulders. Billy Reid sent me their sizing which might help you. Its an excel file so it was kind of weird pasting it. It goes length, chest, waist, shoulder, sleeve length.
L XL
30.75 31.5
42 44
41.5 43.5
19 19.5
35.5 35.75
post #5390 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispy650 View Post


I got a small. I'm usually a small in jackets so I would suggest going TTS. I have a little bit of room to layer if I wanted to. I'm 5'9" 155 37" chest 30" waist ~17ish shoulders. Billy Reid sent me their sizing which might help you. Its an excel file so it was kind of weird pasting it. It goes length, chest, waist, shoulder, sleeve length.
L XL
30.75 31.5
42 44
41.5 43.5
19 19.5
35.5 35.75

Thanks. I straddle the line between a large and xl, depending on the brand. At a 41" chest  and ~19ish shoulders I'd probably wear an xl if I wanted to layer anything at all and still breathe. I have a Billy Reid Astor topcoat in xl and it only provides enough room for layering a light to medium sweater.

post #5391 of 5820
I spent a good part of my night looking for waist level peacoats and heres the ones I found so far:

-Billy Reid 'Bond' Peacoat (80% Wool), while Charcoal is 100% Wool
-Bonobos Halifax Peacoat (80% Wool)
-Superdry Commodity Pea Coat (83% Wool)
-GAP Wool Peacoat (60% Wool)
-Uniqlo Wool Peacoat (80% Wool)

I ended up ordering the superdry as it was free shipping, didnt include tax on the grand total and had 83% wool. Hope this helps the shorter guys in this thread (like me).
post #5392 of 5820
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the length of my Sterlingwear Authentic in 34L. I'm 5'7", and I was debating between the 34R and 34L, but I'm not sure if the 34L pictured below is a touch too long. The first pic is the coat as it is, the 2nd shows how the 34R would fit lengthwise (based off how it looked when I tried it on), though the 34R sleeve is shorter and ends at my wrist joint. Thanks!

AppleMark

AppleMark
Edited by fasteddie911 - 10/27/13 at 10:20am
post #5393 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie911 View Post

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the length of my Sterlingwear Authentic in 34L. I'm 5'7", and I was debating between the 34R and 34L, but I'm not sure if the 34L pictured below is a touch too long. Thanks

AppleMark

I can't quite tell, but it looks like if you drop to the 34R the sleeves might be too short, since you'll lose and inch.  Better to be a touch long in the body, I think.

post #5394 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanl View Post

I can't quite tell, but it looks like if you drop to the 34R the sleeves might be too short, since you'll lose and inch.  Better to be a touch long in the body, I think.

Thanks for your input. You're right and the 34R sleeve would end right at my wrist, as compared to the 34L which ends at the base of my thumb or so. I actually updated the post to show what the 34R torso potentially looks like. It seems the longer length looks "dressier" and the shorter is "sportier" if that makes any sense.
post #5395 of 5820
It looks like a good fit, in the body length, sleeve length as well as the torso. I wouldn't change anything.
post #5396 of 5820

it check on this peacoat:

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

This is my first peacoat... I dont really know how a peacoat should fit.Help would be greatly appreciated. 

 

Stats:

 

Selected Mercer peacoat size small

http://selected.com/homme/outerwear/mercer-db-pea-coat-t/16031913,en_GB,pd.html?forcecountry=GB

5.6ft , 127 pounds

 

 

post #5397 of 5820
Since this is where I started and found my peacoat. Seems right to come back to it.
Vintage rare 32R peacoat. Check out my sig if you are interested.

Was looking at a few of the recent fit pics and posts... Finding a slim fitting vintage coat is near impossible!
post #5398 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloWang View Post

Since this is where I started and found my peacoat. Seems right to come back to it.
Vintage rare 32R peacoat. Check out my sig if you are interested.

Was looking at a few of the recent fit pics and posts... Finding a slim fitting vintage coat is near impossible!

Not really. If one has filled out--say over 18--and with a standard American body build, it is pretty simple. Your problem, Wang, is your very slim build. I mean when a size 32 is large on you, there isn't much you can do. I will say that your size 32 peacoat is so rare, I hate to see you sell it. You will never find another one. Just wait a few years, and you will grow into it. You will need it later, especially if you go to school in the northeast.

My chest size is 42" and a size 42 vintage peacoat (p2p of 22+") is a good fit with a sweater. For a slim fit, I go down to a size 40 (p2p of 21+"). That is a very slim fit, but is still comfortable. The fit is so slim there is no room for a sweater, and I couldn't comfortably wear a more slim fitting peacoat.

So, I must respectfully disagree with your conclusion. There are a whole bunch of slim fitting vintage peacoats, if the prospective wearer has matured and has put on some weight going into adulthood. For me that was at about age 18 or 19 when I was a size 38.
post #5399 of 5820

Was at the surplus store yesterday picking out items for my Halloween costume and ran across a surplus peacoat - looked in OK condition (obvious but not ridiculous wear) but was missing a button. Didn't take pics, but it fit me decently well, if not a bit long in the sleeves and body (I'm a small guy). Couldn't find ANY sizing or make info on the coat at all, except for a very faded stencil on the lining that said "Leicester MS" and a string of numbers underneath it. Anyone have a clue as to what it may mean?

 

I think I may swing back around to the store today and just pick it up - the pricing is only at $50!

post #5400 of 5820
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeindc View Post
 

Was at the surplus store yesterday picking out items for my Halloween costume and ran across a surplus peacoat - looked in OK condition (obvious but not ridiculous wear) but was missing a button. Didn't take pics, but it fit me decently well, if not a bit long in the sleeves and body (I'm a small guy). Couldn't find ANY sizing or make info on the coat at all, except for a very faded stencil on the lining that said "Leicester MS" and a string of numbers underneath it. Anyone have a clue as to what it may mean?

 

I think I may swing back around to the store today and just pick it up - the pricing is only at $50!

You should read the link just above your post (in PeaCoats signature) if you havent already http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?35824-PEACOAT-DATING

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE