or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 357

post #5341 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBhey View Post
 

I got a 38R 1952 pea coat from VintageTrends and I'm unsure about the fit and amount of wear on it. I don't know if it's just worn from regular wear or if there is some kind of moth damage. The shoulder is a little bit wide. Also, the sleeves feel a bit too billowy, but is that acceptable on pea coats? I took a picture of how much empty space there was in the sleeves. When worn with a scarf and sweater I still have room to spare, should I consider sizing down to a 36? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

AppleMark      *    *

 

VT Given Pit to Pit measurement: 21"

Ht: 5' 11" (1.80 m) Wt: 165 lbs (74.8 kg) Chest: ~39 in.

 

1. The sleeves look too short, especially on your left arm. Otherwise fit looks good to me.

2. I can't quite tell with the neck, but the 2nd to last picture looks like moth damage to me.  I would expect wear to be more uniform - the patchy look where the inner weave shows through, especially when it looks like little craters in material, is what I have been attributing to moth damage.  It's depressingly common - only a few coats I've looked at don't have any.

post #5342 of 5821
Can anyone recommend some pea coats with narrower lapels similar to the BR Bond coat? From everything I've read online, it doesn't seem to be worth the price so I want to buy something similarly styled that would be worth it, around the same price <$700 or less. Hopefully 100% wool as well
Edited by kicker245 - 10/6/13 at 8:42pm
post #5343 of 5821
Has the Billy Ried Bond peacoat changed from this year to next? I see last year's for sale (though not on sale) They have a characol version as well now...
post #5344 of 5821

This years peacoats are now 80% wool and 20% nylon.

post #5345 of 5821
i have a Spiewak Dugan peacoat and have 3 questions...

1. anyone know if this is decent quality?

2. is it possible to get it tailored, it's a very boxy coat

3. would it be cheaper to just get something new?
post #5346 of 5821

The Luxire Peacoat:

 

 

 

post #5347 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

The Luxire Peacoat.

 

 

A few questions about this peacoat:

 

1.) What is the weight and type of the wool?
2.) Do you have pictures of the black vs. navy?
3.) Is the back vented (2-piece) or unvented (1-piece)? Or is this a customizable option?
4.) It looks like the coat has 2 inside pockets... is that right?
5.) What is the lining in the sleeves?

6.) Are those sleeve tabs near the cuff a customizable option?

 

Thanks!


Edited by leftcoast - 10/13/13 at 3:27pm
post #5348 of 5821

Peacoat noob here in the market to purchase.  Can anyone suggest a good medium price-point peacoat, with a heavier weight and good collar stiffness?

post #5349 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoast View Post
 

 

A few questions about this peacoat:

 

1.) What is the weight and type of the wool?
2.) Do you have pictures of the black vs. navy?
3.) Is the back vented (2-piece) or unvented (1-piece)? Or is this a customizable option?
4.) It looks like the coat has 2 inside pockets... is that right?
5.) What is the lining in the sleeves?

6.) Are those sleeve tabs near the cuff a customizable option?

 

Thanks!

The product is Luxire Peacoat

 

1. The fabric is 90% wool, 10% Nylon

2. The Grey, Navy

3. Back has a single vent, customizable

4. Yes, can have more/less. Can be positioned as desired

5. Sleeve lining can be Bemberg. Can also be silk for added warmth

6. Yes, sleeve tabs are customizable.

 

Every aspect of the coat can be customized: length, lapel shape and width, button positioning, button type, pockets, epaulets, vents, almost anything.

 

Any fabric from our huge collection can be used, including cashmere flannels, heavy tweeds etc.

 

Build your dream peacoat.

post #5350 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post
 

The product is Luxire Peacoat

 

1. The fabric is 90% wool, 10% Nylon

2. The Grey, Navy

3. Back has a single vent, customizable

4. Yes, can have more/less. Can be positioned as desired

5. Sleeve lining can be Bemberg. Can also be silk for added warmth

6. Yes, sleeve tabs are customizable.

 

Every aspect of the coat can be customized: length, lapel shape and width, button positioning, button type, pockets, epaulets, vents, almost anything.

 

Any fabric from our huge collection can be used, including cashmere flannels, heavy tweeds etc.

 

Build your dream peacoat.

I'm intrigued. Who can I email to begin the process of ordering a custom coat?

post #5351 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart154 View Post
 

I'm intrigued. Who can I email to begin the process of ordering a custom coat?

A good place to start will be here or email to Mail (at) Luxire dot com

post #5352 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

i have a Spiewak Dugan peacoat and have 3 questions...

1. anyone know if this is decent quality?

2. is it possible to get it tailored, it's a very boxy coat

3. would it be cheaper to just get something new?

.

can anyone please assist in answering my questions? ty.
post #5353 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

.

can anyone please assist in answering my questions? ty.

Sorry, I didn't see your original post. I actually have 2 Spiewak Dugan coats. They are excellent quality and are quite warm. I just don't wear them that much anymore because I prefer longer coats now (these hit just below my belt) so I am going to sell them soon. I had both of them taken in at the sides so I don't imagine it'd be very hard to have tailored in your case. I can't remember how much I paid to tailor, I think $50 per coat or something like that. Hope that helps
post #5354 of 5821
Any ideas how old this peacoat is? Sterlingwear in black 100% wool



post #5355 of 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker245 View Post

Sorry, I didn't see your original post. I actually have 2 Spiewak Dugan coats. They are excellent quality and are quite warm. I just don't wear them that much anymore because I prefer longer coats now (these hit just below my belt) so I am going to sell them soon. I had both of them taken in at the sides so I don't imagine it'd be very hard to have tailored in your case. I can't remember how much I paid to tailor, I think $50 per coat or something like that. Hope that helps

sure does, ty. just trying to figure out whether it's worth spending the $50 OR trying to unload it and get something more authetic/higher quliaty. Schott or something.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE