or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 356

post #5326 of 5936
P-coat: What is your opinion of the Billy Reid 'Bond' peacoat? And of peacoats with luxury details like leather piping, etc, in general?
post #5327 of 5936
Expensive.

They are fashion garments styled after the peacoat but not true peacats.
post #5328 of 5936
I bought a fitted Peacoat at Benetton last fall.
post #5329 of 5936
Had a true US Navy Peacoat once ... it was warm but the fit was awful - nothing stylish about it at all. The Benetton one is much nicer.
post #5330 of 5936

Peacoat,

 

It looks like my chest size is a 34 and I used the pit to pit on the coat and seems the tag is true to size. I tried on a sweater this morning before work(pre tape getting) and it seemed to fill out the gap in sizing a bit but 8 sizes is a lot to make up for.

post #5331 of 5936
@Kayumochi -- I like Bennetton in general, but you've got to realise that USN peacoats come from a wide range of makers with corresponding cuts. Count the fact that makers have changed over the decades and you will see that not all USN peacoats are the same. Some fit better than others.
post #5332 of 5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Quick question regarding the Sterlingwear Authentic - are the sleeves satin-lined like the top half of the jacket or no?

Yes, the Sterlingwear Authentic is lined in the sleeves.
post #5333 of 5936

I got a 38R 1952 pea coat from VintageTrends and I'm unsure about the fit and amount of wear on it. I don't know if it's just worn from regular wear or if there is some kind of moth damage. The shoulder is a little bit wide. Also, the sleeves feel a bit too billowy, but is that acceptable on pea coats? I took a picture of how much empty space there was in the sleeves. When worn with a scarf and sweater I still have room to spare, should I consider sizing down to a 36? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

AppleMark   AppleMark    AppleMark    AppleMark   *    *

 

VT Given Pit to Pit measurement: 21"

Ht: 5' 11" (1.80 m) Wt: 165 lbs (74.8 kg) Chest: ~39 in.


Edited by TBhey - 10/3/13 at 8:29pm
post #5334 of 5936
Tried on Club Monaco and J crew peacoats.. Damn either I'm tiny or these damn coats fit WAY too big... I guess I'll have to go vintage or Sterlingwear, but Sterlingwear raised their prices baldy[1].gif
post #5335 of 5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Tried on Club Monaco and J crew peacoats.. Damn either I'm tiny or these damn coats fit WAY too big... I guess I'll have to go vintage or Sterlingwear, but Sterlingwear raised their prices baldy[1].gif

Look around. I ordered a Sterlingwear for under $200 shipped to Canada just the other day.
post #5336 of 5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Tried on Club Monaco and J crew peacoats.. Damn either I'm tiny or these damn coats fit WAY too big... I guess I'll have to go vintage or Sterlingwear, but Sterlingwear raised their prices baldy[1].gif

 

I've tried on JCrew peacoat, perhaps it's the most fitted peacoat for $300 price range. CM has always run large on everything imo. If you cant fit into JCrew, don't even think of Sterlingwear. 

post #5337 of 5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakevu View Post

I've tried on JCrew peacoat, perhaps it's the most fitted peacoat for $300 price range. CM has always run large on everything imo. If you cant fit into JCrew, don't even think of Sterlingwear. 

I had a Sterlingwear before, in 34R but it was a little tight, I'm going to get luxire to make me a peacoat this time.
post #5338 of 5936
TBHey -- Fit looks fine to me. Sleeves are indeed slightly baggy but IMO not a big deal. Length, collar and shoulder look like they fit well. I can't tell for sure what those marks are, but to me they look like normal wear marks rather than moth damage.
post #5339 of 5936
The cheapest peacoat I see on their website is the Classic model for $265. What did you order for under $200?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

Look around. I ordered a Sterlingwear for under $200 shipped to Canada just the other day.
post #5340 of 5936
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBhey View Post
 

I got a 38R 1952 pea coat from VintageTrends and I'm unsure about the fit and amount of wear on it. I don't know if it's just worn from regular wear or if there is some kind of moth damage. The shoulder is a little bit wide. Also, the sleeves feel a bit too billowy, but is that acceptable on pea coats? I took a picture of how much empty space there was in the sleeves. When worn with a scarf and sweater I still have room to spare, should I consider sizing down to a 36? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

AppleMark      *    *

 

VT Given Pit to Pit measurement: 21"

Ht: 5' 11" (1.80 m) Wt: 165 lbs (74.8 kg) Chest: ~39 in.

 

1. The sleeves look too short, especially on your left arm. Otherwise fit looks good to me.

2. I can't quite tell with the neck, but the 2nd to last picture looks like moth damage to me.  I would expect wear to be more uniform - the patchy look where the inner weave shows through, especially when it looks like little craters in material, is what I have been attributing to moth damage.  It's depressingly common - only a few coats I've looked at don't have any.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE