I'm actually thinking of buying a cotton peacoat for this spring and cold summer nights.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on Today at 7:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 348post #5206 of 60554/7/13 at 10:33pmpost #5207 of 60554/8/13 at 6:14pmpost #5208 of 60554/8/13 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by VinnyMac
What's your chest, waist and height? I'm 6ft, 42 chest, 30 waist (athletic/muscular). I bought both a medium and a large. The medium looks perfect in the body, but the sleeves were about an inch and a half too short, so I let them out (I have long arms), and I'd probably pop the top button (if I ever use it).
The large has a bit more space in the chest, so if I wanted to close the top button or wear an unusual number of layer, I'd wear the L. The sleeves have a bit more sleeve length, but I still had to let them out.
On a side note, these are backordered until July through the BR website. You may be better off just waiting it out to see if any discounted ones pop up on Ebay in the coming months as the Skyfall craze dies down. You probably won't wear it in July anyway.
You may have to let out the sleeves, but you'll probably be ok in a medium. In my opinion, the Bayswater is very boxy. If you have a V-shaped body, the coat won't be very flattering. Sizing down is your best bet. I bought a small, but I returned it because it was too full in the torso (and the sleeves were too short). I wear a medium/large in the BR peacoat.
Im just under 5'10, about 155 lbs, lean build. Not exactly sure what chest measures but I wear size BoO small, so shirts ~19 mark, waist is a true 30. Im just afraid the Small might be TOO trim.post #5209 of 60554/9/13 at 6:00ampost #5210 of 60554/9/13 at 6:42amQuote:
I don't think I'd ever wear any type of coat in the hot summer days, unless it's raining. Thinking of getting something like this (100% cotton):post #5211 of 60554/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #5212 of 60554/9/13 at 5:44pmpost #5213 of 60554/9/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
Been playing too much Angry Birds. The holes can be rewoven. A tailor can tell you where. I usually just leave any moth holes alone, as they add character.post #5214 of 60554/10/13 at 7:13am
We are just getting into the Peacoat season over here in Aus!!
I was trying to get one last year but i looked everywhere and couldn't find an actual good, well put together Peacoat. I think i might just have to get one online sent over from the US.
I know youve all been writing about them and ill be looking at schott, sterlingwear and Buzz rickson but does anyone else have any suggestions. something maybe with a little more modern look. i know youll say thats technically not a peacoat but any ideas would be much appreciated.post #5215 of 60554/10/13 at 5:47pmpost #5216 of 60554/13/13 at 1:48pmpost #5217 of 60554/14/13 at 3:36ampost #5218 of 60554/14/13 at 3:10pmFor once, Rakuten's price is actually cheaper than everywhere else (including History Reservation), Buzz Rickson's Navy Peacoat
is this worth the price to kop? Is it possible to find better deal?
I'm a 38" chest, should i go with size 38 (measures 41") or size 36 (measures 39") if i dont plan to layer much?
Edited by JChance - 4/14/13 at 4:02pmpost #5219 of 60554/15/13 at 1:46am
Is it a good idea to get a cotton (water repellant) peacoat, or is it just fad and a waste of money?
I live in MN where it's winter 9 months out of 12, even though I offset that by being naturally well-heated. In other word, I don't have such a dire need for warmth though weather here is pretty nasty, but would a cotton peacoat still do its job?post #5220 of 60554/23/13 at 5:49pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece side-zip boot,... 18 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 22 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 27 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 32 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 34 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 43 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...