I'm actually thinking of buying a cotton peacoat for this spring and cold summer nights.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 348post #5206 of 59434/7/13 at 10:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5207 of 59434/8/13 at 6:14pmpost #5208 of 59434/8/13 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by VinnyMac
What's your chest, waist and height? I'm 6ft, 42 chest, 30 waist (athletic/muscular). I bought both a medium and a large. The medium looks perfect in the body, but the sleeves were about an inch and a half too short, so I let them out (I have long arms), and I'd probably pop the top button (if I ever use it).
The large has a bit more space in the chest, so if I wanted to close the top button or wear an unusual number of layer, I'd wear the L. The sleeves have a bit more sleeve length, but I still had to let them out.
On a side note, these are backordered until July through the BR website. You may be better off just waiting it out to see if any discounted ones pop up on Ebay in the coming months as the Skyfall craze dies down. You probably won't wear it in July anyway.
You may have to let out the sleeves, but you'll probably be ok in a medium. In my opinion, the Bayswater is very boxy. If you have a V-shaped body, the coat won't be very flattering. Sizing down is your best bet. I bought a small, but I returned it because it was too full in the torso (and the sleeves were too short). I wear a medium/large in the BR peacoat.
Im just under 5'10, about 155 lbs, lean build. Not exactly sure what chest measures but I wear size BoO small, so shirts ~19 mark, waist is a true 30. Im just afraid the Small might be TOO trim.post #5209 of 59434/9/13 at 6:00ampost #5210 of 59434/9/13 at 6:42amQuote:
I don't think I'd ever wear any type of coat in the hot summer days, unless it's raining. Thinking of getting something like this (100% cotton):post #5211 of 59434/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #5212 of 59434/9/13 at 5:44pmpost #5213 of 59434/9/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
Been playing too much Angry Birds. The holes can be rewoven. A tailor can tell you where. I usually just leave any moth holes alone, as they add character.post #5214 of 59434/10/13 at 7:13am
We are just getting into the Peacoat season over here in Aus!!
I was trying to get one last year but i looked everywhere and couldn't find an actual good, well put together Peacoat. I think i might just have to get one online sent over from the US.
I know youve all been writing about them and ill be looking at schott, sterlingwear and Buzz rickson but does anyone else have any suggestions. something maybe with a little more modern look. i know youll say thats technically not a peacoat but any ideas would be much appreciated.post #5215 of 59434/10/13 at 5:47pmpost #5216 of 59434/13/13 at 1:48pmpost #5217 of 59434/14/13 at 3:36ampost #5218 of 59434/14/13 at 3:10pmFor once, Rakuten's price is actually cheaper than everywhere else (including History Reservation), Buzz Rickson's Navy Peacoat
is this worth the price to kop? Is it possible to find better deal?
I'm a 38" chest, should i go with size 38 (measures 41") or size 36 (measures 39") if i dont plan to layer much?
Edited by JChance - 4/14/13 at 4:02pmpost #5219 of 59434/15/13 at 1:46am
Is it a good idea to get a cotton (water repellant) peacoat, or is it just fad and a waste of money?
I live in MN where it's winter 9 months out of 12, even though I offset that by being naturally well-heated. In other word, I don't have such a dire need for warmth though weather here is pretty nasty, but would a cotton peacoat still do its job?post #5220 of 59434/23/13 at 5:49pm
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
- The Current State of Americana
- › Site Topics - Part II 12 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 51 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 24 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 28 minutes ago
- › Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf. 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...