I'm actually thinking of buying a cotton peacoat for this spring and cold summer nights.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 348post #5206 of 60084/7/13 at 10:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5207 of 60084/8/13 at 6:14pmpost #5208 of 60084/8/13 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by VinnyMac
What's your chest, waist and height? I'm 6ft, 42 chest, 30 waist (athletic/muscular). I bought both a medium and a large. The medium looks perfect in the body, but the sleeves were about an inch and a half too short, so I let them out (I have long arms), and I'd probably pop the top button (if I ever use it).
The large has a bit more space in the chest, so if I wanted to close the top button or wear an unusual number of layer, I'd wear the L. The sleeves have a bit more sleeve length, but I still had to let them out.
On a side note, these are backordered until July through the BR website. You may be better off just waiting it out to see if any discounted ones pop up on Ebay in the coming months as the Skyfall craze dies down. You probably won't wear it in July anyway.
You may have to let out the sleeves, but you'll probably be ok in a medium. In my opinion, the Bayswater is very boxy. If you have a V-shaped body, the coat won't be very flattering. Sizing down is your best bet. I bought a small, but I returned it because it was too full in the torso (and the sleeves were too short). I wear a medium/large in the BR peacoat.
Im just under 5'10, about 155 lbs, lean build. Not exactly sure what chest measures but I wear size BoO small, so shirts ~19 mark, waist is a true 30. Im just afraid the Small might be TOO trim.post #5209 of 60084/9/13 at 6:00ampost #5210 of 60084/9/13 at 6:42amQuote:
I don't think I'd ever wear any type of coat in the hot summer days, unless it's raining. Thinking of getting something like this (100% cotton):post #5211 of 60084/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #5212 of 60084/9/13 at 5:44pmpost #5213 of 60084/9/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
Been playing too much Angry Birds. The holes can be rewoven. A tailor can tell you where. I usually just leave any moth holes alone, as they add character.post #5214 of 60084/10/13 at 7:13am
We are just getting into the Peacoat season over here in Aus!!
I was trying to get one last year but i looked everywhere and couldn't find an actual good, well put together Peacoat. I think i might just have to get one online sent over from the US.
I know youve all been writing about them and ill be looking at schott, sterlingwear and Buzz rickson but does anyone else have any suggestions. something maybe with a little more modern look. i know youll say thats technically not a peacoat but any ideas would be much appreciated.post #5215 of 60084/10/13 at 5:47pmpost #5216 of 60084/13/13 at 1:48pmpost #5217 of 60084/14/13 at 3:36ampost #5218 of 60084/14/13 at 3:10pmFor once, Rakuten's price is actually cheaper than everywhere else (including History Reservation), Buzz Rickson's Navy Peacoat
is this worth the price to kop? Is it possible to find better deal?
I'm a 38" chest, should i go with size 38 (measures 41") or size 36 (measures 39") if i dont plan to layer much?
Edited by JChance - 4/14/13 at 4:02pmpost #5219 of 60084/15/13 at 1:46am
Is it a good idea to get a cotton (water repellant) peacoat, or is it just fad and a waste of money?
I live in MN where it's winter 9 months out of 12, even though I offset that by being naturally well-heated. In other word, I don't have such a dire need for warmth though weather here is pretty nasty, but would a cotton peacoat still do its job?post #5220 of 60084/23/13 at 5:49pm
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories