I'm actually thinking of buying a cotton peacoat for this spring and cold summer nights.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 4/2/16 at 9:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 348post #5206 of 60484/7/13 at 10:33pmpost #5207 of 60484/8/13 at 6:14pmpost #5208 of 60484/8/13 at 9:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by VinnyMac
What's your chest, waist and height? I'm 6ft, 42 chest, 30 waist (athletic/muscular). I bought both a medium and a large. The medium looks perfect in the body, but the sleeves were about an inch and a half too short, so I let them out (I have long arms), and I'd probably pop the top button (if I ever use it).
The large has a bit more space in the chest, so if I wanted to close the top button or wear an unusual number of layer, I'd wear the L. The sleeves have a bit more sleeve length, but I still had to let them out.
On a side note, these are backordered until July through the BR website. You may be better off just waiting it out to see if any discounted ones pop up on Ebay in the coming months as the Skyfall craze dies down. You probably won't wear it in July anyway.
You may have to let out the sleeves, but you'll probably be ok in a medium. In my opinion, the Bayswater is very boxy. If you have a V-shaped body, the coat won't be very flattering. Sizing down is your best bet. I bought a small, but I returned it because it was too full in the torso (and the sleeves were too short). I wear a medium/large in the BR peacoat.
Im just under 5'10, about 155 lbs, lean build. Not exactly sure what chest measures but I wear size BoO small, so shirts ~19 mark, waist is a true 30. Im just afraid the Small might be TOO trim.post #5209 of 60484/9/13 at 6:00ampost #5210 of 60484/9/13 at 6:42amQuote:
I don't think I'd ever wear any type of coat in the hot summer days, unless it's raining. Thinking of getting something like this (100% cotton):post #5211 of 60484/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #5212 of 60484/9/13 at 5:44pmpost #5213 of 60484/9/13 at 5:56pmQuote:
Been playing too much Angry Birds. The holes can be rewoven. A tailor can tell you where. I usually just leave any moth holes alone, as they add character.post #5214 of 60484/10/13 at 7:13am
We are just getting into the Peacoat season over here in Aus!!
I was trying to get one last year but i looked everywhere and couldn't find an actual good, well put together Peacoat. I think i might just have to get one online sent over from the US.
I know youve all been writing about them and ill be looking at schott, sterlingwear and Buzz rickson but does anyone else have any suggestions. something maybe with a little more modern look. i know youll say thats technically not a peacoat but any ideas would be much appreciated.post #5215 of 60484/10/13 at 5:47pmpost #5216 of 60484/13/13 at 1:48pmpost #5217 of 60484/14/13 at 3:36ampost #5218 of 60484/14/13 at 3:10pmFor once, Rakuten's price is actually cheaper than everywhere else (including History Reservation), Buzz Rickson's Navy Peacoat
is this worth the price to kop? Is it possible to find better deal?
I'm a 38" chest, should i go with size 38 (measures 41") or size 36 (measures 39") if i dont plan to layer much?
Edited by JChance - 4/14/13 at 4:02pmpost #5219 of 60484/15/13 at 1:46am
Is it a good idea to get a cotton (water repellant) peacoat, or is it just fad and a waste of money?
I live in MN where it's winter 9 months out of 12, even though I offset that by being naturally well-heated. In other word, I don't have such a dire need for warmth though weather here is pretty nasty, but would a cotton peacoat still do its job?post #5220 of 60484/23/13 at 5:49pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit from Savile Row London - A structured process to... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding