A better quality might be Sterlingwear. With your height and weight, though, it will be difficult to find a fit.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 4/3/15 at 9:21am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 345post #5161 of 59393/4/13 at 5:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5162 of 59393/5/13 at 8:12pmpost #5163 of 59393/6/13 at 7:19pmpost #5164 of 59393/7/13 at 3:49am
First post here!
Some years ago I decided to get myself a nice Peacoat with the help from Mr. Peacoat's excellent dating article on the fedora lounge. I ended up purchasing a size 36 1967 peacoat from vintagetrends. The item was not as "mint" as Gary said. You all know how sellers are... but, OK, I can live with it.
The problem is that although that coat fits me I can't hug myself without straining!
Last week I got this one on the bay for $25 plus shipping. It does not have a size tag but I measured it using the excellent aforementioned guide and the result is:
Pit to pit measurement: 54 centimeters/ 21 1/4 inches.
True size: 40
I was hopping to get a size 38...
I knew (suspected) what I was buying because the seller photographed the coat extensively but omitted the worst details...
Keep on reading to find out.
It is a cold, gray, cloudy morning so not much natural lightning
The general condition of the lining is not that bad but it sure could use some ironing. (can it be ironed?)
Dry cleaners' tag. The wool feels rough to the tact
I have no clue what the heck this white thing is.
Outer shell is pretty much intact
The right row of button holes shows some damage but it can easily be repaired with a sewing needle, thread and some elbow grease.
And corduroy-lined pockets. For us folks who suffer from cold hands these are a blessing.
When was it made?
Well according to mr. Peacoat's guide it has to had been manufactured no later than 1965 as it has a double row of button holes.
The left-hand row does not show signs of use.
The buttons are stiffly sewn (they can not be turned by hand, I hope that makes sense) and I think that is the main culprit of the dreadful state the the right-handed button holes are.
Hope you enjoyed it!
Edited by Valdano - 3/8/13 at 11:56pmpost #5165 of 59393/7/13 at 5:26pmpost #5166 of 59393/8/13 at 4:46ampost #5167 of 59393/8/13 at 10:14ampost #5168 of 59393/8/13 at 11:40amQuote:
i actually like the lapels. imo, the shorter length, narrow lapels, trim fit, and horn buttons they look more appropriate with typical every day bizcash than the more traditional nautical fit.
and yeah, seeing daniel craig kick throw some dude out the window of a skyscraper prolly had something to do with it too.post #5169 of 59393/8/13 at 5:42pmQuote:
I would have. In fact, I found out about the coat before I saw the movie. I was searching for peacoats with peak lapels, and the Billy Reid coat kept popping up. Of course, it popped up because of the movie though. Before Skyfall, I'd never really watched a James Bond movie, so that wasn't what sold me. The coat has a slim fit (not just a less boxy fit), peak lapels and very nice leather accents. I'm not sure why it's unlined, but it feels great. It's a welcomed change. It's like wearing a sweater.
Edited by VinnyMac - 3/8/13 at 5:53pmpost #5170 of 59393/9/13 at 9:37ampost #5171 of 59393/9/13 at 11:31pmQuote:
I've been receiving praise for my peacoat via Private Message and here on the forum, particularly regarding the fit, so many thanks for the kind words! I have been asked to provide measurements, and I cannot edit my original post to include the information, so I am adding it now as an addendum. I have a 36" chest, I'm 5'10" and 155lbs with a slim athletic build.
Here is J.Crew's reply to the measurements for the XS:
Center back length - 30.25 in.
Center front length - 26.5 in.
Across the shoulder - 16.75 in.
Chest circumference - 40 in.
Waist circumference - 36.5 in.
Sweep circumference - 40.5 in.
Sleeve length from shoulder 25.5 in.
Sleeve length from center back - 34 in.
Cuff circumference - 11.25 in.
Neck width from high point of shoulder to high point of shoulder - 6.5 in.
With late winter here now and the daily temperatures hovering around the freezing point here in Canada, this Thinsulate-lined peacoat is starting to get a bit warm...post #5172 of 59393/10/13 at 1:07ampost #5173 of 59393/11/13 at 11:24ampost #5174 of 59393/12/13 at 1:50pmpost #5175 of 59393/16/13 at 7:46pm
Should I get these? 130 for the pair (shipping included)
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
- The Current State of Americana
- › ॐ}+91-9815951625 ~ black magic love problem solution baba ji 17 seconds ago
- › >>+⑨①-⑧①⓪⑦⑦⑥④①②⑤ > Love problem Solution babaj 22 seconds ago
- › बछिड़ नाथ जी +91-9815951625 ॐ} ~ black magic love problem solution... 46 seconds ago
- › प्यार प्रेम Delhi--CHennai +91-9815951625 Love Problem Solution in... 1 minute ago
- › अघोरी नाथ +91 9815951625 online love problem solution baba ji 1 minute ago
- › HUBzero +⑨①-⑧①⓪⑦⑦⑥④①②⑤ LovE PRoBLEM Solution specialist baba ji 2 minutes ago
- › औघरनाथ +91-9815951625~BLaCk MaGiC Love problem Solution babaji 2 minutes ago
- › तपस्वी प्यार 09815951625 Black Magic Specialist Baba JI Delhi 2 minutes ago
- › अघोर प्यार 09815951625 Black Magic Specialist Baba JI Delhi 2 minutes ago
- › +91-8107764125 Intercast Love marriage specilist babaji آداب (عرض... 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan