Bespoke Pretty sure it'll be over that amount!
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 10/3/15 at 9:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 335post #5011 of 60441/19/13 at 4:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5012 of 60441/19/13 at 6:28ampost #5013 of 60441/19/13 at 6:36ampost #5014 of 60441/19/13 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Peacoat
They may not be measuring the p2p correctly. VT sorta wants to venture into untried waters and do things the way they want to do it. Not good when standard parameters have already been established. We all need to speak the same language. They seem to get hung up on the seams at the sides of the coat. Those seams should be disregarded.
Did you send them my instructions for p2p measuring? If they do it that way, even a monkey couldn't botch it.
Keep us up to date.
Yeah, I linked your article and quoted the measuring instructions. They haven't come back to me with a measurement on the 36 yet, but I'm pretty damn sure they're going to tell me it's 20".post #5015 of 60441/19/13 at 9:49ampost #5016 of 60441/19/13 at 10:53ampost #5017 of 60441/19/13 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by hyogen
pea coat experts, at what price is my D&G peacoat in my sig gonna get sold?? Thanks! http://www.styleforum.net/t/322222/d-g-dolce-gabbana-wool-peacoat-size-50-40-with-tags-retail-1045
lol....You shouldn't have bought it. That's one of the most ugly coats that I've ever seen. Only a brand-whore would buy that....can't help you.post #5018 of 60441/19/13 at 3:16pm
After delaying for a year or so, I recently got a Stearlingwear spec coat and it is pretty awesome. I got stung with the import taxes though (I live in the UK). The fit is good across the shoulders but I might have to get it taken in a bit. I have a problem with jackets fitting me because I have a broad chest/shoulders and a slim waist but if I had a big belly then it would fit like a glove. I went for a 40R because I intend to wear it with fairly bulky layers underneath.
It is a very handsome coat though.post #5019 of 60441/20/13 at 4:04ampost #5020 of 60441/20/13 at 5:22ampost #5021 of 60441/20/13 at 7:16ampost #5022 of 60441/20/13 at 7:25ampost #5023 of 60441/20/13 at 8:12amanyone else have this problem? I have a "vintage" (not really) usnavy peacoat from late 80's 90's. it fits pretty well, however, it seems to attract lint like none other. I dry cleaned it for the season, but upon the first day of wearing it to and from the office, started attracting white specks of dust all over the place!! is there a way to make it attract less lint? is anti-static spray effective for this type of problem?post #5024 of 60441/20/13 at 9:02ampost #5025 of 60441/20/13 at 10:15am
generally, when buying pea coats, regardless of the brand, do I buy a coat with the same chest measurement as my suit jackets, or do I size up?
for example, if i wear my chest measures to 38, and i wear 38 jacket across the board, do I size up to a 40 when I buy a pea coat? considering I will wear a thick sweater or light jacket underneath?
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 seconds ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 37 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?