Bespoke Pretty sure it'll be over that amount!
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 335post #5011 of 59521/19/13 at 4:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5012 of 59521/19/13 at 6:28ampost #5013 of 59521/19/13 at 6:36ampost #5014 of 59521/19/13 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Peacoat
They may not be measuring the p2p correctly. VT sorta wants to venture into untried waters and do things the way they want to do it. Not good when standard parameters have already been established. We all need to speak the same language. They seem to get hung up on the seams at the sides of the coat. Those seams should be disregarded.
Did you send them my instructions for p2p measuring? If they do it that way, even a monkey couldn't botch it.
Keep us up to date.
Yeah, I linked your article and quoted the measuring instructions. They haven't come back to me with a measurement on the 36 yet, but I'm pretty damn sure they're going to tell me it's 20".post #5015 of 59521/19/13 at 9:49ampost #5016 of 59521/19/13 at 10:53ampost #5017 of 59521/19/13 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by hyogen
pea coat experts, at what price is my D&G peacoat in my sig gonna get sold?? Thanks! http://www.styleforum.net/t/322222/d-g-dolce-gabbana-wool-peacoat-size-50-40-with-tags-retail-1045
lol....You shouldn't have bought it. That's one of the most ugly coats that I've ever seen. Only a brand-whore would buy that....can't help you.post #5018 of 59521/19/13 at 3:16pm
After delaying for a year or so, I recently got a Stearlingwear spec coat and it is pretty awesome. I got stung with the import taxes though (I live in the UK). The fit is good across the shoulders but I might have to get it taken in a bit. I have a problem with jackets fitting me because I have a broad chest/shoulders and a slim waist but if I had a big belly then it would fit like a glove. I went for a 40R because I intend to wear it with fairly bulky layers underneath.
It is a very handsome coat though.post #5019 of 59521/20/13 at 4:04ampost #5020 of 59521/20/13 at 5:22ampost #5021 of 59521/20/13 at 7:16ampost #5022 of 59521/20/13 at 7:25ampost #5023 of 59521/20/13 at 8:12amanyone else have this problem? I have a "vintage" (not really) usnavy peacoat from late 80's 90's. it fits pretty well, however, it seems to attract lint like none other. I dry cleaned it for the season, but upon the first day of wearing it to and from the office, started attracting white specks of dust all over the place!! is there a way to make it attract less lint? is anti-static spray effective for this type of problem?post #5024 of 59521/20/13 at 9:02ampost #5025 of 59521/20/13 at 10:15am
generally, when buying pea coats, regardless of the brand, do I buy a coat with the same chest measurement as my suit jackets, or do I size up?
for example, if i wear my chest measures to 38, and i wear 38 jacket across the board, do I size up to a 40 when I buy a pea coat? considering I will wear a thick sweater or light jacket underneath?
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
- The Current State of Americana
- › Ambrosi Napoli 44 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Anyone here work in sales? 9 minutes ago
- › Advice on new CPs 11 minutes ago
- › 8 Things You Might Not Know About H&M 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...