Go with a 38L. Worst case scenario your tailor can bring it in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 9/23/16 at 10:26am in Classic Menswear
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 9/10/16 at 5:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 231post #3452 of 605510/11/11 at 12:21pmpost #3453 of 605510/11/11 at 1:43pmpost #3454 of 605510/11/11 at 3:24pm
Rag & Bone
http://www.rag-bone.com/Peacoat/pd/np/730/p/1696.htmlpost #3455 of 605510/12/11 at 11:05am
Thanks to everybody for the help so far. Couple more questions -
-I'd love to see some pictures of any of the Sterlingwears with the collar popped (or if you have one and could tell me a) if it stays up, and b) if it looks comically large, that would be great too).
-Any opinions on the linings of the Authentic, Navigator, and Mariner would be great. I understand that the Authentic's fleece is the warmest and the Navigator's is probably the nicest, but I'd like to know how much each one pills and what the general quality/warmness of the Mariner's is.
Also, way back in this thread someone posted thatQuote:20% nylon actually makes for a longer wearing tougher fabric. also, as impolyt pointed out in random fashion thoughts, the nylon blend is not only more cost effective, but also makes the fabric more water resistant at that price point.
Both of these points seem counterintuitive, anybody (...Bueller?) know if there's truth to them?post #3456 of 605510/12/11 at 11:06ampost #3457 of 605510/12/11 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Rag & Bone
THank you.post #3458 of 605510/12/11 at 1:08pmCouple of questions:
I purchased 3 peacoats recently from H&M. I haven't been on these forums long but I'm pretty sure that's a taboo. I bought them from there because I haven't seen any stores with peacoats and I don't buy clothes without trying them on first. H&M also has the smallest/slimmest fits, which is crucial for me because I'm an unimpressive 5'7 and 120+ lbs. Anyways, out of the 3 I bought, 2 are trench coat length. However, they end right above my knee. A few people have told me it looks way too long and that it should end closer to the middle of my thigh. Should I just keep it the way it is, hem it, or return it?
Also, the fabric on the outside is very uncomfortable. Scratches my neck pretty bad. Will other brands yield better quality? I will admit I have very sensitive skin when it comes to clothing so this may just be me being a little b!tch. What material should I be looking for? If you guys want to see the coats they should be up on the H&M website. I'll post direct links later, this internet is lagging so hard I can barely get on this site.
Also, how would you guys put together an outfit with a peacoat? Right now I'm just wearing black waxed jeans, a J.Crew tee under and these "ninja/girl/elf shoes" that I catch sh!t for daily.
Thanks in advance!post #3459 of 605510/12/11 at 1:18pmpost #3460 of 605510/12/11 at 1:25pmLol yea that's what I was thinking. I can still return them. I bought 3 because I couldn't decide and I wanted one fast for a very cold trip I took.
Ideally I'd like something that has a very slim fit/narrow shoulders, that maybe tapers in at the waist. Many people have already told me to go look in the woman's section lol. Can't help it if I have a small build.post #3461 of 605510/12/11 at 4:31pmpost #3462 of 605510/12/11 at 7:10pm
If your a size 40 there's one on eBay for cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAG-BONE-BNWT-FW11-MENS-WOOL-PEACOAT-SIZE-40US-625-BLACK-/320773221312?pt=US_CSA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item4aaf92ebc0#ht_500wt_1085post #3463 of 605510/13/11 at 6:07ampost #3464 of 605510/14/11 at 6:05pmQuote:
Not sure where that peacoat is from, but it looks a little too big for you, even by non-SF standards. The chest area looks unfilled.post #3465 of 605510/15/11 at 10:17am
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 11 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 33 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 34 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 35 minutes ago
- › Manhattan Sales Alert!! 36 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 38 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 40 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...