Go with a 38L. Worst case scenario your tailor can bring it in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemBurberry Prorsum - TWILL OVERSIZED AVIATOR PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoatstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryCoats Jacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemSimon Spurr - CASHMERE MELTON PEACOAT JACKETtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Burberry Peacoat (40, fits like 38) // Professionally tailored to be slim fitting Last post on 2/16/11 at 8:44pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- The Contentedness thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you? Last post on 8/27/14 at 4:05am in Classic Menswear
- Wearing a Sport Coat or Blazer Indoors? Last post on 9/22/11 at 12:50am in Classic Menswear
- Moving to colder, more casual environment Last post on 9/14/11 at 1:18pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?Last edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 231
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3452 of 592210/11/11 at 12:21pmpost #3453 of 592210/11/11 at 1:43pmpost #3454 of 592210/11/11 at 3:24pm
Rag & Bone
http://www.rag-bone.com/Peacoat/pd/np/730/p/1696.htmlpost #3455 of 592210/12/11 at 11:05am
Thanks to everybody for the help so far. Couple more questions -
-I'd love to see some pictures of any of the Sterlingwears with the collar popped (or if you have one and could tell me a) if it stays up, and b) if it looks comically large, that would be great too).
-Any opinions on the linings of the Authentic, Navigator, and Mariner would be great. I understand that the Authentic's fleece is the warmest and the Navigator's is probably the nicest, but I'd like to know how much each one pills and what the general quality/warmness of the Mariner's is.
Also, way back in this thread someone posted thatQuote:20% nylon actually makes for a longer wearing tougher fabric. also, as impolyt pointed out in random fashion thoughts, the nylon blend is not only more cost effective, but also makes the fabric more water resistant at that price point.
Both of these points seem counterintuitive, anybody (...Bueller?) know if there's truth to them?post #3456 of 592210/12/11 at 11:06ampost #3457 of 592210/12/11 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevent
Rag & Bone
THank you.post #3458 of 592210/12/11 at 1:08pmCouple of questions:
I purchased 3 peacoats recently from H&M. I haven't been on these forums long but I'm pretty sure that's a taboo. I bought them from there because I haven't seen any stores with peacoats and I don't buy clothes without trying them on first. H&M also has the smallest/slimmest fits, which is crucial for me because I'm an unimpressive 5'7 and 120+ lbs. Anyways, out of the 3 I bought, 2 are trench coat length. However, they end right above my knee. A few people have told me it looks way too long and that it should end closer to the middle of my thigh. Should I just keep it the way it is, hem it, or return it?
Also, the fabric on the outside is very uncomfortable. Scratches my neck pretty bad. Will other brands yield better quality? I will admit I have very sensitive skin when it comes to clothing so this may just be me being a little b!tch. What material should I be looking for? If you guys want to see the coats they should be up on the H&M website. I'll post direct links later, this internet is lagging so hard I can barely get on this site.
Also, how would you guys put together an outfit with a peacoat? Right now I'm just wearing black waxed jeans, a J.Crew tee under and these "ninja/girl/elf shoes" that I catch sh!t for daily.
Thanks in advance!post #3459 of 592210/12/11 at 1:18pmpost #3460 of 592210/12/11 at 1:25pmLol yea that's what I was thinking. I can still return them. I bought 3 because I couldn't decide and I wanted one fast for a very cold trip I took.
Ideally I'd like something that has a very slim fit/narrow shoulders, that maybe tapers in at the waist. Many people have already told me to go look in the woman's section lol. Can't help it if I have a small build.post #3461 of 592210/12/11 at 4:31pmpost #3462 of 592210/12/11 at 7:10pm
If your a size 40 there's one on eBay for cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAG-BONE-BNWT-FW11-MENS-WOOL-PEACOAT-SIZE-40US-625-BLACK-/320773221312?pt=US_CSA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item4aaf92ebc0#ht_500wt_1085post #3463 of 592210/13/11 at 6:07ampost #3464 of 592210/14/11 at 6:05pmQuote:
Not sure where that peacoat is from, but it looks a little too big for you, even by non-SF standards. The chest area looks unfilled.
- MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Leffot by Rancourt Unlined Shell Cordovan Ivy Loafers - Size 9.5 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 8 minutes ago
- › Manila Tailor 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...