or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE - Page 180

post #2686 of 5782
Damn you whoever bought the last 1969 38R on vintage trends.
post #2687 of 5782
Sorry to repeat myself, but I'm wondering if everyone think I should keep or return my vintage issue peacoat (pictures in last post in thread page before this). I need to either rip off the tags and throw away the box or not. \t
post #2688 of 5782
Flares a lot in the bottom since you are pretty skinny (unless it is unbuttoned in the first pic); length is good in the arms and body. I'll buy it if you give me the measurements, year, manufacture of it. PM me.
post #2689 of 5782
It's unbuttoned in the first picture. What do you think about the shoulders specifically?
post #2690 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
Military issue peacoat off Vintage Trends.com.

Not what I'm looking for but thanks for the help man
post #2691 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
It's unbuttoned in the first picture. What do you think about the shoulders specifically?

I don't see a problem with the shoulders; they look fine to me. Length looks good, but you don't want it to be any shorter, especially in the sleeves. I would like to see it more fitted, but you could remedy that by eating more. You guys are really skinny, and I don't mean that pejoratively. I used to be skinny too, but probably not that skinny since high school. In college I discovered beer, and that really helped!
post #2692 of 5782
^ Thanks. I'm keeping it. I just needed a little objective feedback. I totally get you on the growing into it thing!
post #2693 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
Unbuttoned:



Buttoned:



38R '70s issue peacoat. Thoughts on fit?

Is that a 38 regular? It looks a lot smaller. And why wouldnt you want to keep it? Looks fine to me.
post #2694 of 5782
J. Crew has a 25% off sale on their website through Sunday and I got sick of poking around and trying to buy one cheaper so I just said fuck it and bought the J. Crew peacoat. Feel like I spent too much on this even after the discount.
post #2695 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorC View Post
Is that a 38 regular? It looks a lot smaller. And why wouldnt you want to keep it? Looks fine to me.

Yup, as Peacoat wrote in his article, military issue peacoats fit true to size, unlike civilian peacoats (especially those made by Sterlingwear), which tend to be much larger.
post #2696 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay87 View Post
J. Crew has a 25% off sale on their website through Sunday and I got sick of poking around and trying to buy one cheaper so I just said fuck it and bought the J. Crew peacoat. Feel like I spent too much on this even after the discount.

why didn't you just get a sterlingwear? So much cheaper than j.crew
post #2697 of 5782
You know I thought I'd be fine with it after I ordered it and for some reason I didn't think Sterlingwear accepted returns for a full refund. I just cancelled my J. Crew order and put in an order for a sterlingwear.
post #2698 of 5782
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay87 View Post
You know I thought I'd be fine with it after I ordered it and for some reason I didn't think Sterlingwear accepted returns for a full refund. I just cancelled my J. Crew order and put in an order for a sterlingwear.

I'm thinking of doing the same. Post some fit pics when yours comes in.
post #2699 of 5782
anybody got a Thom Browne or BBBF peacoat? Can you tell me how they fit?
post #2700 of 5782
can anyone clarify with certainty if the sterlingwear authentic and navigator coats fit exactly the same? Thanks you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE