or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What do you wear under your dress shirts? T-shirts? Tanks?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you wear under your dress shirts? T-shirts? Tanks?

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
Hey guys,

Just wondering what people wear under their dress shirts. I did wear a tank, but I've found that my dress shirts wore more quickly; I didn't like the look with thinner shirts because you could see the tank underneath; with blue shirts, there was too much of a risk for visibly wet underarms.

I have since gone to undershirts, but I haven't found the right one. I have a couple Calvin Klein that are great because they are very light and thin, and don't cause my dress shirt to fit differently. The thinness/lightness doesn't make me any warmer, as would a thicker shirt. BUT, they are discontinued!

Just looking for people's approach, and if anyone knows of a suitable replacement to my beloved, and discontinued, CK Pima undershirts.

Later,

Tony
post #2 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGee View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering what people wear under their dress shirts. I did wear a tank, but I've found that my dress shirts wore more quickly; I didn't like the look with thinner shirts because you could see the tank underneath; with blue shirts, there was too much of a risk for visibly wet underarms.

I have since gone to undershirts, but I haven't found the right one. I have a couple Calvin Klein that are great because they are very light and thin, and don't cause my dress shirt to fit differently. The thinness/lightness doesn't make me any warmer, as would a thicker shirt. BUT, they are discontinued!

Just looking for people's approach, and if anyone knows of a suitable replacement to my beloved, and discontinued, CK Pima undershirts.

Later,

Tony

Commando. you paid a days work for that Kiton shirt and you're not going to feel it on your nips?

undershirts are like bras mate. you're missing out.
post #3 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
Commando. you paid a days work for that Kiton shirt and you're not going to feel it on your nips?

undershirts are like bras mate. you're missing out.

Ha. Funny, man. I know, it'd be nice, but I gotta get some legs out of that Finamore or RLBL!
post #4 of 40
Thread Starter 
Plus, I should mention, I'm Italian, and we're no strangers to a sweaty pit -- underarm swass is not a good look when the jacket comes off, Kiton shirt, or not.
post #5 of 40
I just wear Hanes t-shirts, crew or v-neck. I don't like the tank tops, mostly for all the reasons you mention. I've always thought they were comfortable, and the price can't be beat. I would rather spend good money on the shirts people will see.
post #6 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGee View Post
Ha. Funny, man. I know, it'd be nice, but I gotta get some legs out of that Finamore or RLBL!

In the rare event I do wear undershirts, i make sure of 2 things

1) the v-neck is cut low enough so you don't see it
and
2) the arms fit around your arm well so they don't bunch under she shirt and make it look like a bicep diaper.

2xist shirts do the trick well for me.
post #7 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
In the rare event I do wear undershirts, i make sure of 2 things

1) the v-neck is cut low enough so you don't see it
and
2) the arms fit around your arm well so they don't bunch under she shirt and make it look like a bicep diaper.

2xist shirts do the trick well for me.

Good points.
post #8 of 40
I agree with FStyles, i always go commando, unless it's hot or you sweat more than the average man, a good deo roller instead of spray will prevent sweat pits.
post #9 of 40
Nothing.
post #10 of 40
also go with gray or heather colored undershirts if you want them not to show under white or thinner dress shirts.
post #11 of 40
I'm surprised at how many people don't wear undershirts. I know the crewneck under an open collar shirt isn't popular here (and for good reason), but it surprises me that so many people don't wear any undershirt. How do you guys avoid getting D.O. stains on the pits?
post #12 of 40
Nothing. You have to understand, the shirt IS the undershirt. The jacket goes on top. Mind blown?



Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
How do you guys avoid getting D.O. stains on the pits?

There's some ingredient which causes stains, I think its alumina. I get deodorants which don't have this ingredient.
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
How do you guys avoid getting D.O. stains on the pits?
It's never been a problem for me, not even in summer.
post #14 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I'm surprised at how many people don't wear undershirts. I know the crewneck under an open collar shirt isn't popular here (and for good reason), but it surprises me that so many people don't wear any undershirt. How do you guys avoid getting D.O. stains on the pits?
I don't know, maybe it's the same username, but I agree completely with MrG. When I used to wear tanks, my shirts would become noticeably soiled after some time. I also find it hard to believe that with a blue shirt those who don't wear any undershirt don't have the wet stain occasionally. I mean we all sweat, whether as a result of summer heat or stressful situations, no? Maybe it's just me; maybe I'm just a freakin' animal.
post #15 of 40
Nothing at all. Especially in the summertime, the last thing I want is an extra layer of clothing on. I use a great deo spray I get from France called Rexona. Never a problem, never staining on the shirts. Also try a great unlined suit for summer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What do you wear under your dress shirts? T-shirts? Tanks?