or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Loake Kempton chukkas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Loake Kempton chukkas? - Page 2

post #16 of 35
How are they width wise--I'm between an 10.5 e and 11d in allen edmonds depending on the last?
post #17 of 35
these are F width, feel slightly wider than an AE D.
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/572.php

although it could just be because its a chukka, not sure
post #18 of 35
cool--thanks.
post #19 of 35
I'm going to bump this thread.

I would like to know if the Loake Kempton's in Brown Suede are light like on some pictures or dark like in some pictures?

If there are two models, please link. Best would be to see pictures taken by members etc.
post #20 of 35
My Suede Kemptons arrived yesterday from Pediwear. They are darker than the CT ones shown in the 2nd post on this thread. I'm very happy with them mind you. They look like this (not my photo, cross posted from another thread) [IMG][/IMG]
post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
My Suede Kemptons arrived yesterday from Pediwear. They are darker than the CT ones shown in the 2nd post on this thread. I'm very happy with them mind you. They look like this (not my photo, cross posted from another thread)

[IMG][/IMG]

They are nice. Thank you for the post. I like the colour, they could maybe be a bit darker(?).
post #22 of 35
I think mine might be a little darker IRL than the ones in the photo posted above.
post #23 of 35
Ok, good to hear. Rubber sole?
post #24 of 35
I have a pair of the wide (G) suede ones I picked up on a closeout from CT a ways back - suede is definitely darker than the pics, not quite a deep chocolate but closer to Smudge's shots..perhaps a wee bit darker.

Shoes are very, very comfortable and the last is attractive - not too elongated or blobby - and they have held up well.

In fact, I'd love to get a pair in brown calf with danite soles as winter beaters but I can only find Kemptons in an F rather than the wider fitting. Only thing close is the Gatcombe, but I have no idea what "waxy leather" is -- anybody have a clue?
post #25 of 35
nice shoes everyone. anyone know if they come in a burgundy/cordovan/# 8 ish color? edit, I do see the Loake Pimlico at Pediwear in burnished burgundy for 122 pounds ex VAT at Pediwear, which is a $30 ish upcharge from the Kempton. after shipping, all in, looking at $210 USD. not bad. I think my debate will be something like that vs another RM Williams Chelsea. I had great luck with my Grenson Desert boot...I am between an 8.5 and 9 US, and just slightly wide, so a British 8 F in Grenson really fits me well.
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
I'm going to bump this thread.

I would like to know if the Loake Kempton's in Brown Suede are light like on some pictures or dark like in some pictures?

If there are two models, please link. Best would be to see pictures taken by members etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
They are nice. Thank you for the post. I like the colour, they could maybe be a bit darker(?).

The pic quoted above is from me, it's the Herring Campden (made by Loake), which is very similar to the Loake Kempton, but not exactly the same. They look a little darker irl, it's quite a dark brown.
The Loake Kempton actually is lighter in colour than the Herring model. Just look at MoK's posts the last few days, he wears them often and they are lighter.
If you want to make sure, just email Herringshoes, they will be able to help you.
post #27 of 35
I've found the shoes in Stockholm where I'm on vacation. They are not as "long" as I thought. They're higher. Is there a substitute for the Kempton's? Pimlico perhaps? Could we get some pictures of both shoes to have something to compare too? Fast please, I only have one day left in this place.
post #28 of 35
Here are some pictures oy my Kemptons from another thread somewhere. I've been wearing them for 4 weeks now and they are great. Having ordered them online, I might have gone down yet another half size, but I didn't want to send them back. They fit good enough for me. The leather is soft, I've only got some trouble with the upper end of heel on my right foot, that's where the leather simply doesn't get any softer. They are not dark brown, if that is what you are looking for.
LL
LL
post #29 of 35
Can someone give me some sizing advice on the Loake Kempton Chukkas? I just went to the Allen Edmonds store, where the sales associate assured me I was a 9.5 in their Park Avenue (he said you wanted about a thumb length between your toe and the end of the shoe). They seemed a tad bit longer than I was used to, but again, I haven't owned too many dress shoes up to this point. Anyway, I want to get a pair of the Loake Chukkas, but I'm a bit worried about the sizing. If a 9.5 E (wide) Allen Edmond is a bit long, but spot on in terms of width, what size should I get in these? I really need them to get to the states by next week for an upcoming conference. Any help is appreciated.
post #30 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasec View Post
Can someone give me some sizing advice on the Loake Kempton Chukkas? I just went to the Allen Edmonds store, where the sales associate assured me I was a 9.5 in their Park Avenue (he said you wanted about a thumb length between your toe and the end of the shoe).

They seemed a tad bit longer than I was used to, but again, I haven't owned too many dress shoes up to this point.

Anyway, I want to get a pair of the Loake Chukkas, but I'm a bit worried about the sizing. If a 9.5 E (wide) Allen Edmond is a bit long, but spot on in terms of width, what size should I get in these? I really need them to get to the states by next week for an upcoming conference. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry to bump this, but I have a huge business conference in a week and a half, and I really want to order a pair of Chukkas by the end of today to make sure they get here before I leave.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Loake Kempton chukkas?