or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What watch do you wear?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What watch do you wear?

post #1 of 311
Thread Starter 
I noticed there was a 'watch porn' thread in MC, but there wasn't one in here. I believe our styles differ quite a bit from the guys over there, so I was curious as to what kind of watches you guys incorporate into your look. or maybe you don't wear one at all. Please try and post pics if you do though!!

I'll start it off. I had a Breitling Chrono Colt, but sold it last week to fund my wardrobe revamp : (


post #2 of 311
I have an Omega Seamaster 120 and a Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500. I know most think Tags to be kind of douchey, but it's a limited edition and it looks cool.
post #3 of 311
I like the matching with my tone

post #4 of 311
lulz^^
post #5 of 311
I liked the look of the J.Crew Timex watch, but couldn't justify the exorbiant amount they wanted for a TIMEX, much less a quartz. So I went with a Seiko 5 automatic SNK809 (military). It has been modded with custom hands and face (via Yobokies on watchuseek.com). It's on a stock nylon strap. The second is my Seiko SKX007, an automatic diver on a Maratec bond zulu strap. Excuse the date change Switching between the two watches on a day-to-day basis is pretty dramatic as the first one is light and small, and the second one is thick, and heavy.
post #6 of 311
Most of the time: Black Seiko 5 military watch on black nylon stock band.

Occasionally: a vintage (somewhere around 1940-1960) hand-winded Timex w/ roman numerals that I got cheap off e-bay and then replaced the leather strap w/ a newer nicer one.
post #7 of 311
Omega SMP 2254.50. Sold the bracelet a couple years ago as I prefer straps. I alternate between brown leather, black leather or a variety of Zulu/Nato style straps.

post #8 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post
I liked the look of the J.Crew Timex watch, but couldn't justify the exorbiant amount they wanted for a TIMEX, much less a quartz. So I went with a Seiko 5 automatic SNK809 (military). It has been modded with custom hands and face (via Yobokies on watchuseek.com). It's on a stock nylon strap.



that is gorgeous. how much did that mod cost you? i have the military 5, but i really like the look of this mod a lot
post #9 of 311
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Omega SMP 2254.50. Sold the bracelet a couple years ago as I prefer straps. I alternate between brown leather, black leather or a variety of Zulu/Nato style straps.


SICK! I LOVE the waves on the dial on person....shame they discontinued that model.
post #10 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnlax View Post
that is gorgeous. how much did that mod cost you? i have the military 5, but i really like the look of this mod a lot

Ditto. I like that too. How much? I thought about getting the j. crew timex, but if this is a better deal... .

Currently I wear a $30 military-style Timex I found in an Army uniform shop on Ft. Jackson in South Carolina.

post #11 of 311
post #12 of 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Omega SMP 2254.50. Sold the bracelet a couple years ago as I prefer straps. I alternate between brown leather, black leather or a variety of Zulu/Nato style straps.


That's a nice clean watch. Sold it to buy the Seamaster 120. But I still think that is a great watch.
post #13 of 311
I love that Omega SMP, I've had my eye on the blue one for a while now.
post #14 of 311
slide13: That is a cool watch band. Where can I get something like that? What is a good place to get leather watch bands?
post #15 of 311
no pics but a pam 232. Looking to get a new watch...... maybe iwc or another pam?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What watch do you wear?