• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Initials on wallet

jimbo123

Reaction score
What do you think of putting initials on wallet? Too OTT/showoff?

It would go in the bottom left corner in silver.

Here is the wallet:
wallet-2.jpeg

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimbo123

Here is the wallet:
wallet-2.jpeg

Only if there's nothing inside with your name on it?
plain.gif

MrBon

Reaction score
I fine wallets annoying, i don't like them and i try using them a little as possible. Most of the time when i dress i only carry the essentials and keep pocket/jacket bulge to a minimum.

How often do you whip out your wallet for anyone to notice initials, most of the time when people take out their wallets, your eyeballing the contents, and your hand would end up covering your initials anyway. If you like/want your initials on your wallet, then go for it. good luck

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like monograms or initials on anything except my mum's wedding presents that I keep for sentimental value.

I do like some original details on certain cuffs for example but it has to be funny or really creative ..

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Yes, this is my wallet. What? You don't believe me? LOOK! LOOK AT THE INITIALS! THEY'RE MINE! IT'S MY WALLET! "

*Stupid bastard not believing me when my wallet clearly has my initials elegantly shimmering in his pudgy face. I certainly showed him. I held those initials high into the air and demanded he look at them and weep for he is not worthy of criticizing my initials. *

"Yes, they are indeed mine, good day sir."

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of monograms.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
"Yes, this is my wallet. What? You don't believe me? LOOK! LOOK AT THE INITIALS! THEY'RE MINE! IT'S MY WALLET! "

*Stupid bastard not believing me when my wallet clearly has my initials elegantly shimmering in his pudgy face. I certainly showed him. I held those initials high into the air and demanded he look at them and weep for he is not worthy of criticizing my initials. *

"Yes, they are indeed mine, good day sir."

How about showing the credit cards or the passport with your name on it which are in your wallet?

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are, you can't really see them that well so it's not like i'm showing off when I pull it out. But incase it gets stolen i'll have more then my licence to identify it.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowtielover
But incase it gets stolen i'll have more then my licence to identify it.
Good point.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
How about showing the credit cards or the passport with your name on it which are in your wallet?

Don't be silly, that's impossible.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by celery
Don't be silly, that's impossible.

I went to a gentlemen club once and the best way for me to be identified was my Nationwide Flexaccount debit card...
I was the only one in the room having one of them.

wmb

Reaction score
i have it on the inside -- it was complimentary so I thought what the heck...

gsugsu

Reaction score
If you like the idea, do it. I can't imagine it would be that showy or off-putting where you are intending it to be. Personally I don't see the real functionality of it even if it serves as an extra level of identification in case of loss or theft. Now if you were going to have it branded on or use a big leather punch like you do at summer camp that would be another matter completely.

Originally Posted by jimbo123

Here is the wallet:
wallet-2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads