or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Looking nice-ish in summer heat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking nice-ish in summer heat - Page 3

post #31 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant.com
Tencel-blend jeans are another lightweight option.

Hmm... any examples?
post #32 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Yeah... Speaking of fat Americans, I just pulled them out and remembered that these linen jeans also don't stretch. And it looks like I need to lay off the beer for a while.

You still wearing the ring denim ones, those were amazing, especially at the price....I love mine, for some reason they "dress up" better than new standards.
post #33 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You still wearing the ring denim ones, those were amazing, especially at the price....I love mine, for some reason they "dress up" better than new standards.
Wearing them today, actually. They definitely are amazing. Mine still have barely faded at all and I've washed them 5-6x by now.
post #34 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Hmm... any examples?
I've seen some RnRs with tencel. Wouldn't, uh, recommend them.
post #35 of 68
I wore jeans and AA tee shirts to S. Florida last summer and felt like the only guy in town in long pants. It sucks because I look like a tool in shorts (also, Im a pasty Seattlite so I burn easy). I'm going back down in late April and so far I've decided I need light-colored Chucks, jeans again (ugh...) and purchasing some light, slim-fitting button-ups from J. Crew. However, it still sounds like I'm going to sweat my ass off. I have a pair of white pinstripe cotton/linen pants from H&M but they look fairly goofy on me and have a weird bootcut look to them.
post #36 of 68
Dude. Fuck jeans. If you're coming to SoFla, you need real shorts or you will be uncomfortable. I promise. I live there. Decent shorts are really not as hard to come by as people think they are, and with the right cut you certainly will not look like a tool. Check out the shorts for spring thread, there are some good options in there if you don't know where to go, or PM me and I'll try and scrounge up some stuff for you. Also, thin cotton polos are your friend, as are s/s button ups, hard to find good ones but they're out there. Also, don't be afraid to rock the t-shirt. It is very easy to pull of the t-shirt + rolled pants + boat shoes/mocs look and keep it stylish.
post #37 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace View Post
Dude. Fuck jeans. If you're coming to SoFla, you need real shorts or you will be uncomfortable. I promise. I live there. Decent shorts are really not as hard to come by as people think they are, and with the right cut you certainly will not look like a tool. Check out the shorts for spring thread, there are some good options in there if you don't know where to go, or PM me and I'll try and scrounge up some stuff for you.

Also, thin cotton polos are your friend, as are s/s button ups, hard to find good ones but they're out there. Also, don't be afraid to rock the t-shirt. It is very easy to pull of the t-shirt + rolled pants + boat shoes/mocs look and keep it stylish.

I'd love to try to do that last look you mentioned. I had some Sperrys last year but they chewed my feet up bad. I'm wondering if a leather model would be nicer to my feet. I'll definately be out for some button ups. Shorts, well we shall see. Would you recommend J Crew for most of this stuff?
post #38 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
It's all about the Uniqlo linen/cotton jeans for summer.
Shortly after this post, a crackhead stole these when I left my bike parked with my backpack strapped on it. Burn, Capitol Hill!
post #39 of 68
I stand by these, both crushed linen. Shorts are a must in real hot and humid weather. If you live somewhere with a real summer (80% humidity) then jeans don't fly unless you're going for a midnight walk.
post #40 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Shortly after this post, a crackhead stole these when I left my bike parked with my backpack strapped on it. Burn, Capitol Hill!


Why would you do such a thing? Don't you know, crackheads will steal your half eaten sandwich out from under you.
post #41 of 68
Eason,

What kind of shoes would go with that getup besides flip-flops? I really like BoA topsiders but wonder how that would go over. I think I could possibly pull off the shorts. You know what I look like (but think +10 pounds more muscle that when u last saw me).
post #42 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
Why would you do such a thing? Don't you know, crackheads will steal your half eaten sandwich out from under you.
I've learned my lesson.
post #43 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
I stand by these, both crushed linen. .

Props for pulling-off hot weather chic so well!
post #44 of 68
If it's above 85 + only shorts and T's, Summer is about colors. In south USA and Australia wearing pants in the summer is like... purposefuly torchering yourself.

For dress up occasions, its tough but i go with the lightest cotton pants i can find and a SS B/D; then pray there is no sweat stains on my ass.
post #45 of 68
I'm the type of guy that wears denim in the summer, even in florida. This year though I'm gonna change that. I'm going to be wearing chinos, grey shorts, sandals, and some sweet sunglasses that I need to buy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Looking nice-ish in summer heat