Originally Posted by bunnyoswaldo
Drive By Truckers
Really? If anything I'd argue that the Truckers are underrated. I do think Southern Rock Opera
has been overrated, but they have a number of other albums that were completely overlooked despite being better than SRO
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Johnny Cash. Anytime I hear people praising him I wonder if it's because he's a safe choice. But who listens to him, really? "I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die". Yeah, real hardcore of you, Cash.
You don't really get that song, do you?
Originally Posted by ld111134
- Widespread Panic - maybe the 15th best band to come out of Athens, Georgia but revered by its fans as perhaps the best band ever;
- Pink Floyd - After Syd Barrett's departure, the band became a vehicle for broadcasting Roger Waters' boring neuroses (while "Dark Side of the Moon" was great, most of their other output is sheer tripe);
- Ray LaMontagne - why this guy is popular is a mystery;
- Phish - See Widespread Panic above;
- Dave Matthews Band - The only thing that he's ever done that I've liked was his spot-on impression of Ozzy on "Saturday Night Live".
+1 on Panic. I like them, but they tend to be hit-and-miss. I don't understand the people who worship them.