or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
I'm saying that the first 4 times he won, he was a role player (albeit a good one), and Shaq was the dominator.

Last year he was a ball hog as always and his teammates had to snatch it from him and luckily he won another title.

He still looks like an ant and the lakers will still get swept by the Spurs.


I don't know if English is your first language, but your statement of "KoMe has only won with Shaq" still makes no sense at all.
post #107 of 3285
I miss Isaiah.
post #108 of 3285
Did you guys see Dwade drop it on the Nets with .1 seconds left ? Perfection..
post #109 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigasahouse View Post
I don't know if English is your first language, but your statement of "KoMe has only won with Shaq" still makes no sense at all.

Damn...I hate having to explain things to you LakuhLadeez...

1st 4 championships WITH Shaq. Shaq= DA MAN. Kobe= Da Petulant boy.
post #110 of 3285
Steve, Shaq won 3 titles with the Lakers. Not 4. Making that mistake again and again, in and of itself, should disqualifying you from trashtalking your former favorite team (that you, in all likelihood, would have still been all over had you not moved to this barren of a city we live in )
post #111 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
Steve, Shaq won 3 titles with the Lakers. Not 4. Making that mistake again and again, in and of itself, should disqualifying you from trashtalking your former favorite team (that you, in all likelihood, would have still been all over had you not moved to this barren of a city we live in )

Actually what did it for me was Kobe tanking in the finals with Detroit to get Shaq out of town. But we've been down this road before.

On the 3 vs. 4 I guess I stand corrected. I still have the pics with the toenails by the way.
post #112 of 3285
Thread Starter 
Come on now, this is the NBA Season Thread, not the Lakers/Kobe hate thread.
We shouldn't blame the Lakers just because they'll repeat.

Anyways onto NBA news, Stephen Jackson was just traded to the Bobcats. A huge trade considering the Warriors almost imploded with him and Nelson. Actually, Nelson is hated by most his players and said he might step down as head coach this week so we'll have to see if it still happens even with Captain Jack out.
post #113 of 3285
actually all the obsessive laker hate talk is just added attention to the lakers. i consider it flattery actually and dont mind it. whenever there is nba talk there always will be laker and kobe hate talk. where ever you go. because they 'suck'? because he's 'arrogant'? well, same things can be said for a dime a dozen teams and players out there but why is it always lakers and kobe? i take it as a compliment.
post #114 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
actually all the obsessive laker hate talk is just added attention to the lakers. i consider it flattery actually and dont mind it. whenever there is nba talk there always will be laker and kobe hate talk. where ever you go. because they 'suck'? because he's 'arrogant'? well, same things can be said for a dime a dozen teams and players out there but why is it always lakers and kobe? i take it as a compliment.

lakuhladeez
post #115 of 3285
Thread Starter 
Jameer Nelson out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Good thing they got Jason Williams, now they don't have to rely on Anthony Johnson or scrounge up a quick PG option.
post #116 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Jameer Nelson out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Good thing they got Jason Williams, now they don't have to rely on Anthony Johnson or scrounge up a quick PG option.

Yipee. Think I have him in our league. I wish that big pussy Pau would play already.
post #117 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
Jameer Nelson out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery. Good thing they got Jason Williams, now they don't have to rely on Anthony Johnson or scrounge up a quick PG option.

IMO, this makes trading away rafer alston all the more nonsensical. Vince is past his prime and it can be said rafer was responsible for their run last year. I have nothing against JW, but rafer is better...
post #118 of 3285
^ plus, having Skip to my lou, VC, and Dwight on the same court would make the Magic look like a NBA Jam dream team.
post #119 of 3285
Thread Starter 
You guys are crazy. Alston is too temperamental, of course Van Gundy had something to do with it by sitting him for Nelson but getting rid of Alston is a good move. If Nelson didn't get hurt, they would have heard a year long complaint from Alston. With Jason Williams, they know who they got and Williams know he is coming off the bench. He still got it and watch and see, the Magic will finally have a passing PG for once. He'll be able to knock 2-3 three's a game too. I really suggest you guys watch Alston take over Devin Harris in New Jersey, dude just keeps chucking up shots like he's Kobe (that ones for you Steve). Alston doesn't distribute the ball well, in 6-7 games as a starter, his one highlight was a triple double and there really wasn't anything else to brag about before or after that. Carter maybe old and he won't be jumping over anyone but he is surprisingly good still. He fits in with Magic 3-point shooters well and can still score. Plus you guys are talking as if Alston is an exciting player, he isn't doing And 1 anymore, you won't see him break anyone ankle and then throwing behind the back lobs for a thunderous dunks to Dwight or Carter. Jason Williams was a lot more entertaining than Alston ever was in the NBA. Check out his highlights, white chocolate will have you scratching your head in awe. The only downside to him is that he is also injury prone, hopefully he stays healthy for the Magic while Nelson is out. Overall, if I were to pick a back-up PG, Williams > Alston any day, unless of course it is street ball then Alston may have the edge.
post #120 of 3285
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
You guys are crazy. Alston is too temperamental, of course Van Gundy had something to do with it by sitting him for Nelson but getting rid of Alston is a good move. If Nelson didn't get hurt, they would have heard a year long complaint from Alston. With Jason Williams, they know who they got and Williams know he is coming off the bench. He still got it and watch and see, the Magic will finally have a passing PG for once. He'll be able to knock 2-3 three's a game too. I really suggest you guys watch Alston take over Devin Harris in New Jersey, dude just keeps chucking up shots like he's Kobe (that ones for you Steve). Alston doesn't distribute the ball well, in 6-7 games as a starter, his one highlight was a triple double and there really wasn't anything else to brag about before or after that. Carter maybe old and he won't be jumping over anyone but he is surprisingly good still. He fits in with Magic 3-point shooters well and can still score. Plus you guys are talking as if Alston is an exciting player, he isn't doing And 1 anymore, you won't see him break anyone ankle and then throwing behind the back lobs for a thunderous dunks to Dwight or Carter. Jason Williams was a lot more entertaining than Alston ever was in the NBA. Check out his highlights, white chocolate will have you scratching your head in awe. The only downside to him is that he is also injury prone, hopefully he stays healthy for the Magic while Nelson is out. Overall, if I were to pick a back-up PG, Williams > Alston any day, unless of course it is street ball then Alston may have the edge.
You have to ask yourself this simple question: Without Rafer last year, would the Magic have gone as far as they did ? It's not And 1 anymore, I know that, NBA scouts know that and Rafer certainly knows that. Although his age is working towards his detriment, Rafer is becoming a smarter NBA player year over year. Sure, there are still remnants of street baller in him, but that aspect of his game will never leave him. It's integrating the street ball athleticism into the structured NBA style that makes him a quality player. He makes some erratic shot choices and his knowledge of the NBA game and the PG is certainly a bit questionable at times, but we can list a few players who fit that bill. The role of each player on a given team is governed by the Head Coach. This isn't college ball , where 1 player starts chucking 3's just because he is their best player (read: Stephen Curry). The HC defines the roles and asserts the overall game plan. Period. The Nets need a lot better management, because they shouldn't be winless. And if Devon gets outshined by Rafer taking 45 FG's per game, blame the HC not Rafer. He is just playing to win.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2009-2010 Season Thread