or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Viccel.com socks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Viccel.com socks - Page 49

post #721 of 854

Bought a pair of Scarlet Red OTC in Heavy Winter weight, on Oct.28th. They arrived last night, Nov.14th. I wore them today, and I would have to say that these are great socks, for sure my favorite pair.

 

Beautiful lustrous red color. They fit really well into my outfit for today. Very pleased with the look of them. Construction all seems to be quite nice, but it's too soon to really say anything (Only one wear).

 

The "Heavy Winter weight" is a joke, they aren't even remotely close to winter weight ( at least not where I live). They would have to be 300% thicker for that. But they do make a very nice, thick, dress sock. I will probably order one weight less in the future, which I would expect to be ideal for me, as I like a sock that is a little too thick to be transparent. But I will for sure be ordering more. For solid colored socks, they are going to be hard to beat. Mine didn't fall down my calf once all day. I would recommend them for sure.

post #722 of 854

Are these true to size? And ETA on merino wool socks?

 

edit: I see that they have been discontinued. :(


Edited by kloss - 11/30/13 at 1:27am
post #723 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloss View Post

Are these true to size? And ETA on merino wool socks?

edit: I see that they have been discontinued. frown.gif

Imo they run a bit big, I've been sizing down 1 size. Im just about to go and pick up my latest shipment of socks. Ordered on the 7h of nov and delivered on the 28th to Sweden. Would love to have an optional express shipping option, 3 weeks is simply too long for me even though its free.

1Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-GRAY-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
2Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-NAVY BLUE-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
1Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-Clemetsen Green-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
1Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-GREEN-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
post #724 of 854
Some of our customer request express shipping with accepting cost of shipping we do send.

in that please send us an e-mail so we can arrange express shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Imo they run a bit big, I've been sizing down 1 size. Im just about to go and pick up my latest shipment of socks. Ordered on the 7h of nov and delivered on the 28th to Sweden. Would love to have an optional express shipping option, 3 weeks is simply too long for me even though its free.

1Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-GRAY-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
2Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-NAVY BLUE-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
1Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-Clemetsen Green-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
1Prs. US8.5-EU42-UK8-GREEN-OVER THE CALF-XWinter
post #725 of 854
Here are our brand new 100% Merino Wool Socks.
They are much heavier(double weight) than prior version of Viccel Merino Socks.
weight of socks aprox. 130 gr





Quote:
Originally Posted by kloss View Post

Are these true to size? And ETA on merino wool socks?

edit: I see that they have been discontinued. frown.gif
post #726 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

[...]
I do have to say, that I am a touch disappointed in some of the colours. I ordered Dark Navy, Forest Green, Brown, Claret, and Egyptian Blue. The Egyptian Blue looks to be an electric cobalt-like blue on the website, but is a slightly lighter than navy blue in actuality. Not bad, just not exactly what I had been hoping for.

[...]

 

This is very good to know.  Thank you.

 

I'd be grateful if those who have bought these socks could tell us whether or not the actual colors are really what they look like on the company's website.  Thanks.

 

I've just ordered two pair (navy and gray, that's how boring I am) and will report back once I've received them.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #727 of 854
its really hard to show real life color in the web coz colors can be change screan to screan.
Thats why we took the picture of all merino socks together to show at least color range and differences, hope this will help you.
Edited by KemalOnyurt - 1/9/14 at 3:37pm
post #728 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt View Post

its really hard to show real life color in the web coz colors can be change screan to screan.
Thats why we took the picture of all merino socks together to show at least color range and differences, hope this will help you.

I am interested in the new Merino wool socks. Could you please shed some light on the situation with mulesing and your Merino wool? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulesing
I love wool, but only buy when I can be reasonably sure that the animals haven't been subjected to mulesing.
post #729 of 854
My cotton socks have held up with proper (likely more gentle than necessary) care. I'm hoping these are significantly thicker just because of chilly (0° or below) winters. The color palette fits the fall and winter seasons well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #730 of 854
Interesting question! I am in no means a vegan or active animal rights defender; but after looking at videos and reading articles on how animals are treated, especially in China, I have become far more wary of what my clothes are made from. However, wool in itself is quite safe; and even though mulesing sounds awful, it is very far away from the worst thing I have read or seen. However, I have lately moved away from everything which have it's origin from Chinese animal hair, where one example is badger shaving brushes. We actually have a pub here in Norway who won't allow people who wears Canada Goose; absolutely ridiculous! I already see the smug faces of people sitting in cheap parkas made from dogs skinned alive and geese feather plucked from a live animal, where both have been kept in small cages since birth - racking down on people with what I believe is more ethically made jackets from coyote who have lived freely until capture. Of course, that is not ideal either, but neither is the world.

\end{rant}
post #731 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post
 

 

This is very good to know.  Thank you.

 

I'd be grateful if those who have bought these socks could tell us whether or not the actual colors are really what they look like on the company's website.  Thanks.

 

I've just ordered two pair (navy and gray, that's how boring I am) and will report back once I've received them.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

 

 

From the ones I got I can say that the colours are as vibrant and rich as shown. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemalOnyurt View Post

its really hard to show real life color in the web coz colors can be change screan to screan.
Thats why we took the picture of all merino socks together to show at least color range and differences, hope this will help you.

 

Thanks for that, it really does help.  Would love to see designs like herringbone, houndstooth from you as well as 100% linen socks for hot weather.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliT View Post


I am interested in the new Merino wool socks. Could you please shed some light on the situation with mulesing and your Merino wool? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulesing
I love wool, but only buy when I can be reasonably sure that the animals haven't been subjected to mulesing.

 

With the way wool is sorted and blended it'd be impossible for the end user [the mill in this case] to know what practices have been used on the sheep.  The best you would get is country of origin information.  That said compared to flystrike, mulesing seems to be the more humane option.  A google search will reveal how terrible that disease is.

post #732 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactire View Post

With the way wool is sorted and blended it'd be impossible for the end user [the mill in this case] to know what practices have been used on the sheep.  The best you would get is country of origin information.  That said compared to flystrike, mulesing seems to be the more humane option.  A google search will reveal how terrible that disease is.

Several large manufacturers of merino wool garments guarantee their products to be mulesing free. For example: http://us.icebreaker.com/Icebreaker-Ethics/how-we-treat-animals,en,pg.html
post #733 of 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliT View Post


Several large manufacturers of merino wool garments guarantee their products to be mulesing free. For example: http://us.icebreaker.com/Icebreaker-Ethics/how-we-treat-animals,en,pg.html

 

True but in their case as its all NZ produced fleece, this could not be said by any AUS producer as the practice isn't banned there.  Given the harm and pain caused to the animal by flystrike, mulesing seems the lesser of two evils to me.

post #734 of 854

How are the "Super Heavy Cotton Socks" different from the heavy winter weight "100% Cotton Dress Socks"? Are they thicker, or is the design different? I see that the variety of colours for the former is very limited as well.

 

I live in the tropics (Asia), but I work in air-conditioned areas all the time, so any advice from members in similar regions is appreciated!

 

I am TTS US 8.5. Should I be going for the same US size at the website? The conversion for sizes between US UK and EU is a little different from what I expect in the website.

 

Btw, where is the SF discounted link to the Viccel website? Apologies for the silly question.

post #735 of 854
Quote:

Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

 

[...]

 

I've just ordered two pair (navy and gray, that's how boring I am) and will report back once I've received them.

 

 

Ac here, reporting back, as promised.  The order arrived today, almost exactly one month after ordering. 

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Viccel.com socks