or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cardigan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cardigan

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I am looking to buy a cardigan.

Do you guys have any suggestions???

I saw a nice one at Club Monaco..but I refuse to buy clothing there.
post #2 of 14
Cloak Cardigans are awesome, but quite pricey.
post #3 of 14
This one?



And what's so bad about Club Monaco (I've never been in one).

If you like it, why not buy it?
post #4 of 14
Thom Browne makes some really nice ones, too. Adam+Eve, Miu Miu, Prada, Dolce - it is/was a pretty hot item in recent seasons.
post #5 of 14
What are some brands that make really slim cardigans? Like 17'' pit to pit.
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handlethevibe
What are some brands that make really slim cardigans? Like 17'' pit to pit.

I assume the APC cardigan is very slim fitting. It's black however and that turns me off... I am getting sick of black clothing.
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I assume the APC cardigan is very slim fitting. It's black however and that turns me off... I am getting sick of black clothing.

APC tops are never that slim actually and they usually offer the same article in more than one color even though it might not show up on their site. For exemple I just bought a grey\\black stripped version of this that I like very much (very thin stripes not "hello sailor" stripes).

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=2CD05524535H
post #8 of 14
Fred Perry CDG has some real nice cardigans, but not cheap at about $400

I saw one that was nice at Barneys from Gant, about $100...light aqua with white contrast trimming.

I bought a cardigan from Club Monaco a couple years ago and it looks fine, but it never lays correctly along the buttoning placket and always has this twist to it that drives me nuts and hence I never wear it anymore.
post #9 of 14
Adam+Eve's smallest size should be around that.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma
APC tops are never that slim actually and they usually offer the same article in more than one color even though it might not show up on their site. For exemple I just bought a grey\\black stripped version of this that I like very much (very thin stripes not "hello sailor" stripes).

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=2CD05524535H

They CAN be slim, and I think the cardigan is called "narrow cut." Things that APC calls slim cut are generally very slim, in my experience. Though this is experience from seasons past. Perhaps the current stuff is a bit different of a story.
post #11 of 14
You can't get the APC cardigan from the web site anymore. I tried ordering from the website because it was $30 cheaper than in the store, but they cancled my order. They said France won't send them anymore cardigans due to the warming weather.
post #12 of 14
I have an Acne cardigan that is really nice and simple, and slim fitting with a diagonally cut breast pocket.

Can't remember the name and don't have it here with me to take photos, but it might be on zoovillage.
post #13 of 14
I picked up a really nice plain black cashmere cardigan from a store in Vancouver called LG Cashmere. The sweater is slim fitting enough that I didn't have to take it to my tailor which was nice.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
I am looking for a slim fitting cardigan with a simple color.

Any suggestions would be great
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cardigan