• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to buy some nice looking brown leather gloves (maybe deer or pecari something)...my ideal are some I once saw on a picture by an 18th century English painter, maybe someone like Reynolds or Gainsborough but unfortunately I can't find that/or remember it's proper title, anymore...if you have got any cool gloves or suggetions, please feel free to post some pics or links (or even some paintings if you can find them). Thanks, J.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jerome
I want to buy some nice looking brown leather gloves (maybe deer or pecari something)...my ideal are some I once saw on a picture by an 18th century English painter, maybe someone like Reynolds or Gainsborough but unfortunately I can't find that/or remember it's proper title, anymore...if you have got any cool gloves or suggetions, please feel free to post some pics or links (or even some paintings if you can find them). Thanks, J.
You live in Vienna, go to Handschuhe Christl.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Count_Robert_de_Montesquiou.jpg

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oshinex
Should we start a glove Appreciation post since winter is on its way?
Sure I'd like to see some picture (or even paintings) for inspiration..

RJ: I think I know what shop you are talking about, its maybe the one next to the Cafe Bräunerhof...there is also one on Stephansplatz that I'll probably look into..maybe called Boettner...in fact if one thinks about it Vienna is somehow quite big on glovemaking (and also hatmaking) I believe...

Anyway, I'll probably be off for Napoli in November so won't need the gloves too soon..any suggestions there would equally be welcome of course...

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LK: I remember that from 'somewhere'...
wink.gif
(To be concrete: there was that very good looking protrait of a typical (English) noble with (rather) light brownish gloves I saw some -where, leaning against a tree or something, have been looking for that but couldn't find it, found my present avatar only)...

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Count_Robert_de_Montesquiou.jpg

Bobby Monty exhibits the hands of a multi-millennarian space booger

pajames

Reaction score
Paul stuart has peccary lined with cashmere in two colors.Ben Silver also has an unlined peccary pair in tobacco. Both run about $250.

ScottMan

Reaction score
Wrong thread...sorry.

emptym

Reaction score
From a vintage store, unlined peccary:
imgp3326tc8.jpg

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clark: I really like those; the price is also all right, I'd only (for now) like to buy some in maybe darker brown since I want to use them for winter and they can be better combined when darker.

But actually this thread has inspired me to maybe also look for plain (unlined) gloves for the warmer seasons or at least for fall and there those would fit better IMO!

Also I have found this maker (inspired by another thread were "vox" mentioned it- looks nice, too)..

http://www.madova.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads