or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pictures of nice gloves...?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of nice gloves...? - Page 3

post #31 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Gentlemen -

I cannot travel to have my gloves made especially for me using my measurements. Do any companies accept outlines of one's hands on a paper as a way of measure? Are the companies that accept this worthwhile to pursue?




- B
post #32 of 511
Perfection.
post #33 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
Chester Jefferies does just this.
Excellent. But you gave them 5/10, no? Or was it just for that particular skin? Can you recommend a skin that would be nice for a very mild winter (at coldest mid-high 40's), will not shrink/stretch, and that is a bit more interesting than calf? Would deerskin work?
post #34 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark View Post
I think these are great, I bought a pair for $70 and am very happy with them:



Available here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MEN-pecari...4.c0.m14.l1262


Those are neat, and they hold a dual purpose for slapping some bitches up good.
post #35 of 511
I always liked those black gloves featuring in the cinema noir film. The classical " spies" gloves. Any clue??
post #36 of 511
peccary w/alpaca lining


RLPL suede w/cashmere lining Saks leather w/cashmere lining
[IMG][/IMG]

Saks dark red leather w/cashmere lining red leather from Marshalls
[IMG][/IMG]
post #37 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I'll probably be off for Napoli in November so won't need the gloves too soon..any suggestions there would equally be welcome of course...
Since you're going to Napoli I'll repost these:



They're unlined deer skin gloves from M.Cilento (first posted in my 'Back from Italy' thread).
post #38 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Excellent. But you gave them 5/10, no? Or was it just for that particular skin?

Can you recommend a skin that would be nice for a very mild winter (at coldest mid-high 40's), will not shrink/stretch, and that is a bit more interesting than calf? Would deerskin work?

Yes, it was for the skin. Maybe a bit too much deflation. It really was quite poor (the skin, I mean), IMO.

I think deerskin is supposed to be superior because it stretches far less.
post #39 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
Since you're going to Napoli I'll repost these:



They're unlined deer skin gloves from M.Cilento (first posted in my 'Back from Italy' thread).

These are incredible and perfect.

Possible to get them without going to Italy?
post #40 of 511
^ Thank you.

I don't know, but if you go to Cilento's site (click the link in my post above) you can find their e-mail address. While it doesn't seem like they have an on-line shop, they may be willing to ship to you anyway.
post #41 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
^ Thank you.

I don't know, but if you go to Cilento's site (click the link in my post above) you can find their e-mail address. While it doesn't seem like they have an on-line shop, they may be willing to ship to you anyway.

Lovely items at that shop.


- B
post #42 of 511
kaplan - were those bespoke gloves, or OTR gloves?
post #43 of 511
OTR.
post #44 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
OTR.

numerically sized, or S/M/L?
post #45 of 511
Numerically.

Mine are size 8.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pictures of nice gloves...?