or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pictures of nice gloves...?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of nice gloves...? - Page 11

post #151 of 529
Got the replacement pair, and both are side/side. They're buttery smooth and smell even better. One pair is darker grey than the other. Unlined chamois.

Outside seams VS inside seams. Inside fit really tight and look much better, while outside seams feel smooth while the hand is in the glove, but I don't like the lumpy look.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #152 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereLover View Post
Here are my favourite gloves; a pair of shearling Polo Ralph Lauren gloves, made in Italy. Purchased a few months ago via eBay. NWT $225 if I remember correctly, my price was about $100. I love wearing them with my C&J Westfield Oxfords! The texture is very similar, although the gloves are slightly brighter in their colour.

You've got to get those gloves dirty. Light shearling gloves are supposed to be worn heavily, especially with dark outerwear. Enjoy! They're beautiful.
post #153 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett View Post
You've got to get those gloves dirty. Light shearling gloves are supposed to be worn heavily, especially with dark outerwear. Enjoy! They're beautiful.

Thanks.

I like them so much though, I'm afraid to wear them in wet conditions. I've only had them for two months or so. Eventually though my carefulness will decrease along with normal wear and tear.

By the way, originally I yearned for these RLPL suede gloves, but size 10 seems too large as I'm a size 9 (been watching them for months, hoping that a size 9 would come up). So instead I ended up with the PRL shearling gloves in size 8.5. Tight, but not too tight.
post #154 of 529
I just got these Lamb Skin Nappa Gloves by Bruno for Saks on sale. Cashmere line, soft, and you can smell them from 2ft away






Someday I'll get a real camera... :-\\
post #155 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrover View Post
I just got these Lamb Skin Nappa Gloves by Bruno for Saks on sale. Cashmere line, soft, and you can smell them from 2ft away

Beautiful! Should be a pleasure to have the cashmere caressing your hands? I personally have no cashmere lined gloves, yet. Maybe for next winter.
post #156 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrover View Post
I just got these Lamb Skin Nappa Gloves by Bruno for Saks on sale. Cashmere line, soft, and you can smell them from 2ft away


I looked at these at Saks yesterday. Very nice gloves, but I was hoping for more than 50% off. I have a similar pair that are several years old, so I'm not in need of new ones and thus can wait.
post #157 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmereLover View Post
Beautiful! Should be a pleasure to have the cashmere caressing your hands? I personally have no cashmere lined gloves, yet. Maybe for next winter.
I have actually waited a long time to purchase these and I'm stoked I finally did. Yes the cashmere feels great on the hands, much better that your average thinsulate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I looked at these at Saks yesterday. Very nice gloves, but I was hoping for more than 50% off. I have a similar pair that are several years old, so I'm not in need of new ones and thus can wait.

If you wait until the season over you can find them for around 40 bucks. I've tried to do this but everytime I looked at them in Andrisen's during the Spring I kept thinking 40 bucks is a good price but its so nice out side... I was disappointed not to find a cashmere skully on sale at all but I contacted Andrisen and they told me they would sell me a Brunello Cucinelli for 25% off. I'm think about picking one up Monday. BTW anyone now how much they go for retail?
post #158 of 529
I have pair of these gloves made by Sakari Sauso http://www.sakarisauso.com/english/index.htm
Excellent quality and fit. Material is peccary/cashmere.

post #159 of 529
^^^Those look great!
post #160 of 529
this thread has inspired me to order some shearling lined kidskin gloves in tan "202" from Madova delivery in 15-20 days...can't wait!
post #161 of 529
As promised, a photo of my 'bespoke' deerskin CJ gloves in dark tan after ~4 weeks of heavy, heavy wear in the ridiculous cold/snow Europe is enjoying at present.

post #162 of 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
As promised, a photo of my 'bespoke' deerskin CJ gloves in dark tan after ~4 weeks of heavy, heavy wear in the ridiculous cold/snow Europe is enjoying at present.


really great.
post #163 of 529
These gloves fit me, well, like a glove. A bang on fit with my first try - I could not be more satisfied. They are soft, supple, but alas cannot cope with -35C (-31F) weather. A couple more photos, as I am powerfully bored at present:
post #164 of 529
Did you send them a hand outline for these?
post #165 of 529
^ Yes. A slightly better and easier alternative to tracing it out with a pen would be to scan your hand with the scanner set to black/white (as opposed to greytone or colour). Remember to scan a ruler as well at the same time in case the scanner 'scales' your scanned image. This method is IMO better as the exact silhouette of your hand is captured, not a slightly 'looser' version (as pen tracings are wont to end up as).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pictures of nice gloves...?