or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pictures of nice gloves...?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of nice gloves...? - Page 8

post #106 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
Is there a purpose to having the strike stitched lines (points) on the back of the glove? Does it make the glove more resistant to stress, or is it merely an aesthetic choice? If so, which do you think looks better, with or without?
It's meant to be the equivalent of darts on a jacket.

Personally, I like them.
post #107 of 511
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/22/fa...VERSVILLE.html
post #108 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post
Here's more in non-trad colors And the prices are good.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/closetM_...0Q2em14?_pgn=1

Thanks to this link, I found my way to a phenomenal pair of unlined chamois gloves. Thanks.
My only regret is that I waited too long to verify my size and by the time I did, there were three or more other pairs in my size that had gone. But the ones I got are fantastic.
post #109 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
Thanks to this link, I found my way to a phenomenal pair of unlined chamois gloves.

Seen their page before months ago, but they can't get the color I wanted so went with CJ
post #110 of 511
Upon closer inspection, the stitching between the thumb and palm on those chamois gloves looks a little shoddy, for the ones labeled made by CJ for KOS. But when you go look at closeup photos on CJs site, there is no sloppy stitching on that seam area. Makes one wonder.. for a supposed $250-300 glove.

The suede gloves don't have this though, they look well constructed.
post #111 of 511
I have read in one of the other threads that there is a 20 pound extra cost on having gloves made with a hand trace. Is this charged only for the first glove or is it for every glove made afterwards as well?
post #112 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitwhat View Post
I have read in one of the other threads that there is a 20 pound extra cost on having gloves made with a hand trace. Is this charged only for the first glove or is it for every glove made afterwards as well?
1st glove only.
post #113 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
It's meant to be the equivalent of darts on a jacket.

Personally, I like them.

I believe also that their presence distinguishes men's gloves from women's, but I could be wrong.
post #114 of 511
orange cashmere w/silk lining Jay Kos (per ebay)

[IMG][/IMG]
post #115 of 511


post #116 of 511
I emailed CJ about making a pair of chamois in the Paris style (with wool/cashmere lining): they quoted me £40.00 (+5 for shipping). I think that's a very fair price, especially for MTM. Does anyone have any experience with their chamois gloves? Is it worth it, or should I be looking elsewhere?
post #117 of 511
I'll be ordering a pair of hand traced chamois from them soon in the same style. But I will go machine sewn over hand sewn since they said the fit will be skin tight and the seams will be cleaner looking as hand sewn leaves the seam stitching on the outside. Mine will be unlined.

You can probably ask or email the guy at the website I posted with the pic of those yellow chamois as to fit, but I beleive his were hand sewn.
post #118 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes of Executiveness View Post
I'll be ordering a pair of hand traced chamois from them soon in the same style. But I will go machine sewn over hand sewn since they said the fit will be skin tight and the seams will be cleaner looking as hand sewn leaves the seam stitching on the outside. Mine will be unlined.

You can probably ask or email the guy at the website I posted with the pic of those yellow chamois as to fit, but I beleive his were hand sewn.

How does one do the hand tracing? On their website I only see that you're to measure the width of your hand around and then input it.
post #119 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciKid View Post
How does one do the hand tracing? On their website I only see that you're to measure the width of your hand around and then input it.
Just trace your hand on a sheet of paper and mail it to them with your billing info and what gloves you want. Hand/machine sewn/lining whatnot
post #120 of 511
I ordered a pair of CJ gloves yesterday and they arrived today. I wanted a pair quickly so I took some that they had in stock. They're the Oxford (In the Military section which I hadn't paid much attention to) in mid tan with wool/cashmere lining. They're close enough to my ideal configuration and they charged me £25 plus £5 postage.

I like them but the damn fingers are way too long. My alterations guy works with leather so I'm hoping he can shorten them. I'll have more patience for the next order and go with MTM, but I'm wondering if I can get away with requesting finger lengths without going for the full draw-around-hand option; although at £20 it's far from expensive.

A (very bad) photo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pictures of nice gloves...?