or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Place to eat in Atlanta
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Place to eat in Atlanta - Page 3

post #31 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by spertia View Post
Funny, that's exactly what I had when I went there!



That is where I usually stay when I'm in town on business (which is why I ate at Market recently -- just had to walk up the street.)

I will have to give Market a try on my next trip. Often if dining by myself I will opt for Houston's across from Lennox -- eat at the bar and drink a glass of wine. It seems I always end up in a good conversation with an attractive woman or two. Makes for a nice evening.
post #32 of 55
For fine dining...Bluepointe across the street from Phipps...excellant.
post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPO89 View Post
For fine dining...Bluepointe across the street from Phipps...excellant.

KO, my parents live in the "burg" on the northwest end of town near Boonsboro CC. We were in Atlanta for the Hokies v. Crimson Tide game. I wanted to take them to either Bluepointe or the Buckhead Diner for luch; however, my mom had a bout of food poisoning from eating at the Renaissance hotel.

I had wanted them to stay at the InterContinental where we were, but my dad insists on using Hokie Travel. My folks are 80, so there is only so much I can do to try to influence their choices.
post #34 of 55
My wife and I are headed to Atlanta at the end of September. This thread hadn't been updated in a while. What are the best places in Atlanta for either high end regional or contemporary American cuisine?
post #35 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student View Post

My wife and I are headed to Atlanta at the end of September. This thread hadn't been updated in a while. What are the best places in Atlanta for either high end regional or contemporary American cuisine?

Restaurant Eugene, JCT Kitchen, Rathbun's, Bacchanalia, the lunch Blais' new place Spence was pretty good but I can't speak for the dinner
post #36 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins_student View Post

My wife and I are headed to Atlanta at the end of September. This thread hadn't been updated in a while. What are the best places in Atlanta for either high end regional or contemporary American cuisine?
Based on this request, my top three choices would be:

Bacchanalia
Eugene
Empire State South

Rathbun's used to be my favorite place in town (its within walking distance of my house) but its gone downhill lately...

If you have time for a quick and cheap lunch - hit up Taqueria del Sol. It's legit Mexican meets Southern food...
post #37 of 55
I'm in Atlanta for a trade show for one day, airport -convertion center - aiport. need a place for lunch, preferably a place near one of the other, preferably bbq or southern comfort food. any suggestions?
post #38 of 55
For whole in the wall soul food, South City Cafe or Busy Bee
post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

I'm in Atlanta for a trade show for one day, airport -convertion center - aiport. need a place for lunch, preferably a place near one of the other, preferably bbq or southern comfort food. any suggestions?

Yo, globe, hit me up (If you haven't already left).

You going to be at GA World Congress Center (there are two big convention centers)? THat gives you more options.
post #40 of 55
hey Ed - I'll be here

Convention Center
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, GA 30313

you up for lunch on Tuesday ?
post #41 of 55
hey, I'm not being exclusionary, anybody else want to have a late lunch on Tuesday?
post #42 of 55
you have options, check back later.
post #43 of 55
I could possibly make Tuesday lunch work
post #44 of 55

Bacchanalia, Cakes and Ale, Restaurant Eugene, Bone's, Aria, Tomo, Sotto Sotto, Miller Union are some of the best eating outlets in Atlanta

post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvaChrish View Post

Bacchanalia, Cakes and Ale, Restaurant Eugene, Bone's, Aria, Tomo, Sotto Sotto, Miller Union are some of the best eating outlets in Atlanta
+1 on all of those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Place to eat in Atlanta