or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc - Page 17

post #241 of 727
Does anyone have an opinion (especially regarding materials and sizing) regarding the Single Tin Oil Finish Pants?
post #242 of 727
Does anyone know the difference between the Filson #1441N Cover Cloth Field Jacket and the Filson #1440N Foul Weather Jacket. Ive compared the 2 and cannot figure out much difference.
post #243 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrokerny View Post
Does anyone know the difference between the Filson #1441N Cover Cloth Field Jacket and the Filson #1440N Foul Weather Jacket. Ive compared the 2 and cannot figure out much difference.

one lacks chest pockets, one has six snaps on the front instead of five so it's longer, one's missing the throat tab, one has a zip in liner the other doesnt
post #244 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1 View Post
one lacks chest pockets, one has six snaps on the front instead of five so it's longer, one's missing the throat tab, one has a zip in liner the other doesnt

Man good eye with the snaps. I got the throat tab and the pockets. Did you see anywhere specifically that it comes with the liner or are you guessing from the pic?

"Compatible with the optional Zip-in Outfitter Vest/Liner. "
post #245 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartorially Inclined
Anyway, Hilton's Tent City is currently having a massive Filson sale so you can be one step closer to the manliness of your dreams. They've got everything short of a Filson dog coat (oh wait never mind) 24.5% off until the end of the month as long as you use coupon code "FILM101510".

Take note
post #246 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
Does anyone have an opinion (especially regarding materials and sizing) regarding the Single Tin Oil Finish Pants?


Yea, the oil finish likely makes them a mess to wear "casually". I ordered the dry finish single tin pants, but never got them. Looks dope.

Speaking of which, anyone got links to good Filson retailers excluding Cranes and the Filson site?
post #247 of 727
Managed to get hold of a small carry-on in otter green at a steep discount because it had been left in the display window and had faded... Turns out I absolutely love the faded color!



post #248 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhewee View Post
Managed to get hold of a small carry-on in otter green at a steep discount because it had been left in the display window and had faded... Turns out I absolutely love the faded color!




Thats a great bag, which model # is it?
post #249 of 727
post #250 of 727
I have a Filson 256 and would like to get the handgrip installed. Can I order the part from Filson and have a local leather/luggage guy install it or do I have to ship the bag back for a mfr install?
post #251 of 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post
Yea, the oil finish likely makes them a mess to wear "casually". I ordered the dry finish single tin pants, but never got them. Looks dope. Speaking of which, anyone got links to good Filson retailers excluding Cranes and the Filson site?
Hilton's Tent City in Boston. Offering a discount through the end of October (says 24.5%, but seems to vary): FILM101510 Notably, they're also selling off NOS (non-Filson, but def cool) stuff. See Commerce with a Conscience
post #252 of 727
the sale isn't really 25% off. its a 15% discount on top of their stock prices which are 10% or so lower than filson retail.

still a good deal, i got a 256 for $160 shipped. i ordered it yesterday and it's already on the truck in nyc for delivery!
post #253 of 727
Got the #1441n Cover Cloth Field Jacket, sick material and awesome quality but it fits quite large so its going back. Pissed.
post #254 of 727
Grabbed one locally today. The thing is gorgeous and the workmanship is superb. The hardware and other materials are top drawer. And, yes, it does fit a 15" MacBook Pro in a Incase neoprene sleeve.

Third picture is best rep of tan colour. Love it. Thx to SF for inspiring and directing yet another purchase.







post #255 of 727
^Good stuff

I got my duffle bag recently with missing shoulder strap and stubborn zipper. Shoulder strap is in transit, I've send an e-mail regarding the zipper issue and I can say their e-mail support is non-existent.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc