• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What a joke. I thought this was supposed to be a pleasant experience but this f***ing computer is a *************, there is nobody to help, it crashes, my iTunes account (which worked fine before) suddenly is no longer valid, none of my prior purchases are recognized, and the whole experience is like dealing with the MVA. Mac sucks, don't buy into their ****. They're as bad as MS. Worse when you consider the attitudes.

And Tokyo Slim, if you chime in with any "I told you so" **** I am going to fly out to Seattle and bash your head in with this ******* computer.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
And Tokyo Slim, if you chime in with any "I told you so" **** I am going to fly out to Seattle and bash your head in with this ******* computer.
Obviously I don't have to tell you anything. You've seen the light.
They're as bad as MS. Worse when you consider the attitudes.
I do find this particularly delicious though. Best of luck to you. Are you going to "stick it out" and start over, or are you coming back to the right side of the fence?

x26

Reaction score
Cool Story, Bro...
bigstar[1].gif

ETA: Apple does suck the Dirty Dick.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by x26
Cool Story, Bro...
bigstar[1].gif

ETA: Apple does suck the Dirty Dick.

I will give them the credit that my Mac Mini looked very nice on my desk when I had it. It didn't look so nice when the hard drive fried, losing all my data.

Way to go, Apple. At least when I called the help line the Canadian chick sounded pretty hot, even though she still couldn't fix my computer.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple stores are like day care for marsupialed grownups. Seriously, wtf are those dumbasses doing in there for hours at a time? ******* hippies.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you opt for a small timer's model ?
Over the years we've picked up a few of their pro-grade, custom-configured Macs and these things
have been as solid as The Brandenburg Gate
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a joke. I thought this was supposed to be a pleasant experience but this f***ing computer is a *************, there is nobody to help, it crashes, my iTunes account (which worked fine before) suddenly is no longer valid, none of my prior purchases are recognized, and the whole experience is like dealing with the MVA. Mac sucks, don't buy into their ****. They're as bad as MS. Worse when you consider the attitudes.

So you need to authorize your iTunes account. That's easy (though sometimes harder on a PC)

The online self help guide is very helpful (I wrote it), but if that doen't work for you, iTS chat support are good too.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1389

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420

Let's get your iTunes program working and then look at this crashing issue when you are less stressed.

PM me for my iChat if you need more help - though I don't have admin access to iTS accounts any more - so prolly easier to go straight to chat support.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Obviously I don't have to tell you anything. You've seen the light.

I do find this particularly delicious though. Best of luck to you. Are you going to "stick it out" and start over, or are you coming back to the right side of the fence?

I don't know. I really don't know. I have $2 grand invested in this POS so I think I have to see if I can make it work but right now:

- I don't know how to get MobileMe to sync properly with my iPhone without wiping out contacts that are inputted into the phone or without duplicating contacts on sync.

- iPhoto is perpetually frozen and requires destructive restart when I initialize it because the Facebook synching feature freezes and hangs. If you ask Apple about it they snicker and say that it's really an issue with FB's coding but whoever's fault it is I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE MY COMPUTER so I don't really care whose fault it is but somebody's got to fix this **** or get the Mac to at least stop trying to sync with FB and hanging the rest of the computer up.

- I have no idea why my iTunes account has been wiped out, but when I just opened iTunes and tried to log in, it said I had never logged in with this account name before and it made me re-input all my contact and payment info, then did not recognize any of my prior purchases, which include a few TV show season passes so I can't access old episodes or download new ones, even though I've already authorized this computer on iTunes before. So this is a total mystery new glitch, though I did just install the latest iTunes update.

- My remote login for work thru Citrix is useless in Safari. Maybe I need to try downloading Firefox for Mac but though other people I know at work claim to have no problems on their iMacs logging in there are tons of bugs that make even the most basic tasks, like viewing e-mails, useless. The web-based interface is also useless for reasons I don't have the time or inclination to explain right now.

So considering my 3 main reasons for buying this machine - to have a centralized place to store photos and videos of the baby, and have a nice smoother interface with my iPhone in terms of music and syncing, and all without compromising my ought-to-be-transparent Citrix-based terminal functionality with work - I am 0 for 3.

Just now I tried getting tech support but finding a phone number is impossible. The support site I went to says there are three ways to get help - phone, e-mail, or chat - but I can't find phone or chat anywhere for the life of me.

I am not an idiot. I am not a power user, but I am not a moron, and this is one of the most frustrating and aggravating things I can imagine. At least I've come to expect inexplicable glitches from my PCs, and can figure workarounds. Here, I get all the snotty attitude about a perfect computer but none of the functionality and I am at a loss as to how to get around the obstacles.

It is one of the most galling product experiences I have ever had.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know. I really don't know. I have $2 grand invested in this POS so I think I have to see if I can make it work
Apparently Justin works at the Evil Empire. Maybe he can sort you out. But trust me, I know exactly what you are going through. Of course, my "investment" wasn't in a singular computer, but in film and design school. I think I spent more than $2k.
smile.gif
Consider it two thousand dollars worth of wisdom. You just learned not to buy marketing hype.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
I will give them the credit that my Mac Mini looked very nice on my desk when I had it. It didn't look so nice when the hard drive fried, losing all my data.

Way to go, Apple. At least when I called the help line the Canadian chick sounded pretty hot, even though she still couldn't fix my computer.

WTF?

They are usually Indian. Since when did you get a Canadian?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a PC user for years and recently switched to Mac.

Maybe I switched at the right time, but to be honest, I wish I would have switched earlier. The reason I never switched is because I kept listening to the Mac haters
smile.gif
and let them convince me that Apple is just expensive junk.

It hasn`t been that long since the switch, but so far my computer experience is just waaay better. Everything is easy and works smoothly. If it doesn`t, or if I don`t know how to do something on the Mac, it`s very easy to search for information and find a fix.

My initial plan was to run Windows along with the Mac OS, but I haven`t even got around to installing Windows since there is really no need for it. Safari is pretty good too, but I installed Firefox and use it as my primary browser, as there were some limitations with Safari. Actually Safari was much better than I thought, but some pages just don`t load properly so it got a bit annoying.

I also bought a Time Capsule (auto back up + wireless device) and an Apple TV. Since I travel a lot, this helps me get wireless anywhere I stay, and watch English TV shows whenever I want. I also easily "adjusted" the Apple TV so I can watch Hulu, torrents, and bunch of other stuff not available in the "standard mode"
smile.gif
. This was very easy to search for and implement as well.

Overall, I agree with the popular opinion that Apple is expensive. You can get the same specs for PC hardware for cheaper. My Apple computer costs almost $2K, but didn`t even come with a mouse. I thought about buying the wireless mouse, but didn`t want to spend the extra $70?. In the end, this worked out nicely, as I learned how to use the touchpad which is very, very nice. The Apple TV was about $250 and didn`t come with the cables necessary to hook it up to the TV, and of course the Time Capsule (wireless box) which was around $300, didn`t come with an ethernet cable to connect it to the net.

So in the end, if you are looking for the best price I would stick with PC, but if you don`t mind trying out Apple for a little extra, I think you will happy. In my opinion for the little extra you get a better computer experience when you factor in the whole package.

Modern Gatsby

Reaction score
Question:

Why the need for an iTunes account? Are you actually buying music?

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Been a PC user for years and recently switched to Mac.

Maybe I switched at the right time, but to be honest, I wish I would have switched earlier. The reason I never switched is because I kept listening to the Mac haters
smile.gif
and let them convince me that Apple is just expensive junk.

So in the end, if you are looking for the best price I would stick with PC, but if you don`t mind trying out Apple for a little extra, I think you will happy. In my opinion for the little extra you get a better computer experience when you factor in the whole package.

Originally Posted by Faded501s
^^^ I'm sure that made Douglas feel much better
worship.gif

God bless Apple evangelists--as self-righteous as ever

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads