or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Apple f***ing sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple f***ing sucks - Page 11

post #151 of 397
i'm really sorry about all your stress, but you're coming off like a extremist cable political news show guy. oh and all those PC's are cheaper than a mac ads.... they are all actors. very effective ad campaign... but they should stick a disclaimer on the the whole commercial that all the fucking scenarios are a farce played by actors. i've been using both mac and "windows based PCs" and even a linux computer at work. i'd like to compare it to knowing how to drive a manual transmission, a triptronic transmission, and a fully automatic car... its just better if you know how to operate it all. that way you can see the argument from all sides. it even helps in diagnosing problems. but if you need to rant its ok... we've all been there (my major stresses have come from windows more than any of the three, but still).
post #152 of 397
Actually, from what I understand, they are not actors, with the exception of one lady who incedentally happened to be an actor. They answered a craigslist ad for market research and were then informed that they'd be participating in an ad campaign later.

But those are shitty ads and I am not defending them in any way. I could probably mount a better ad campaign if I were brain dead.

The people they ended up using in the ads say some really stupid shit, if you think they were acting, the scriptwriter should be shot.
post #153 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Where is your God now?!?!?
I'm not sure where you're going with this but that's the most hideous case in all of computerdom. If you were going for the kinda ugly but kinda cool angle, there's the Thermaltake Level 10. http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...hassis_unboxed $700 seems OK for what it is. I have the much-less-hideous-than-the-burj PC-X2000 to stuff one of my gaming PC's into at the moment but will be looking to swap with the L10 when it comes out. I hate building / rebuilding PC's so hopefully no-one else will come out with something else compelling anytime soon.
Quote:
And Tokyo Slim, if you chime in with any "I told you so" shit I am going to fly out to Seattle and bash your head in with this fucking computer.
Any ****Book Pro will come off much worse than the head being bashed. Much better to to dump the Mac, buy a real 'Pro' machine then bash someone in the head.
post #154 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
They answered a craigslist ad for market research and were then informed that they'd be participating in an ad campaign later.

sounds like acting... and people being casted to "act in a commercial". either way its a loaded premise that unfortunately is not going away.

just like those commercials with the little asian girl operating windows because it so easy...
post #155 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post
sounds like acting... and people being casted to "act in a commercial". either way its a loaded premise that unfortunately is not going away.

just like those commercials with the little asian girl operating windows because it so easy...

All commercials are a "loaded premise"... MS found real (dumb) people and paid them to go buy a computer. It's about as documentary-like as it gets in the advertizing world. I think the ads would have been much more effective if they hadn't used real people, or recorded every dumb thing they said while shopping for a computer. Maybe that's just me though.

Really, some of thos people had me facepalming. The "filmmaker" for instance. OMG.
post #156 of 397
Let me summarize PC versus Apple for you: -Apple controls their hardware and drivers better - you might get a more stable and dependable machine; -They are fucking expensive; -PCs and Apples are equally good for media/video work - Apple was the first to release a successful GUI which is why some people think they are somehow better for graphic design; -It's the Apple OS that people want, not the hardware; -Besides, Apple now uses Intel processors so hardware is increasingly irrelevant (control is still important); -Apple users who tell PC users that they "can buy an Apple and then run Windows on it!" are fucking retarded and don't understand the real reason the conversation came up in the first place - because some people don't like Windows (Vista for instance is trash); -Running Apple OS on a PC is getting easier and easier, if you really want the Apple OS - but then you lose dependability; -Apple is expensive stuff that's well marketed, like Starbucks; -PCs are cheap and robust; -Neither is really or objectively better than the other, and telling someone to switch is rarely an appropriate solution to whatever problem they're experiencing. If you disagree with this post you are wrong and I will reply to you saying that but I will refuse to justify why. That is all.
post #157 of 397
Thread Starter 
I would like to take a moment to thank TS and Dragon for making this possibly my most successful (in terms of replies) thread ever.
post #158 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
-It's the Apple OS that people want, not the hardware;

I thought it was the trendy marketing and cool minimlalist design of the cases that people wanted... the OS is just what they claim to want.
post #159 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by unjung View Post
- because some people don't like Windows (Vista for instance is trash);

I don't even know why I'm bothering but this always annoys me because I think it's simply a "talking point" that's regurgitated.

Vista did suck when it was first released. But so did XP that everyone loves.

I downgraded due to bugs and incompatible software. When SP1 was released I tried it again and never looked back.

I enjoy Vista and I know many other people who do. Never had any problems and my system is rock solid. A system that I run 24/7 by the way.
post #160 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlingman View Post
I thought it was the trendy marketing and cool minimlalist design of the cases that people wanted... the OS is just what they claim to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbie View Post
I don't even know why I'm bothering but this always annoys me because I think it's simply a "talking point" that's regurgitated.

Vista did suck when it was first released. But so did XP that everyone loves.

I downgraded due to bugs and incompatible software. When SP1 was released I tried it again and never looked back.

I enjoy Vista and I know many other people who do. Never had any problems and my system is rock solid. A system that I run 24/7 by the way.

You are both wrong!
post #161 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbie View Post
I don't even know why I'm bothering but this always annoys me because I think it's simply a "talking point" that's regurgitated.

Vista did suck when it was first released. But so did XP that everyone loves.

I downgraded due to bugs and incompatible software. When SP1 was released I tried it again and never looked back.

I enjoy Vista and I know many other people who do. Never had any problems and my system is rock solid. A system that I run 24/7 by the way.

Do you download porn 24/7 though?
post #162 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
I would like to take a moment to thank TS and Dragon for making this possibly my most successful (in terms of replies) thread ever.

You know you can always count on me buddy.
post #163 of 397
This thread grew 2 pages since I started reading it. Now I'll put in my two cents! Have a 1st gen Macbook and once thought it was the Holy Grail. I honestly switched for the shiny OS. When I get a new computer it will be a Windows machine so I can try Win7. I'm also tired of needing to use my gf's laptop to play indie Windows games. My gf wants to get a $2000 iMac "b/c its gorgeous" but we both own laptops and don't need a desktop...guess Apple marketing wins. Also: Mac fanboys are like Red Sox/Patriots fans. That is all.
post #164 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post
Apple stores are like day care for retarded grownups. Seriously, wtf are those dumbasses doing in there for hours at a time? Fucking hippies.
Classic. Simply classic. About a week prior to moving D.C., I stopped by a Mac store in Connecticut and asked them if there were stores in the D.C. area just in case I wanted to return something......It took two of them to figure out where on the map it was. I just stood there smirking in awe of the sight and then gazed up at the "genius bar" and almost lost it. Apparently a genius to Mac users is someone who can delete spyware, boot up in safe mode or reinstall the OS. I then took a good look around and realized the entire store was filled with uninteresting followers in search of an identity. Although Microsoft has to be the worst run tech company in America, I really can't tolerate Mac users. I hear Google is making a operating system for netbooks and really wish they come out with a full-blown operating system in the future.
post #165 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Do you download porn 24/7 though?

That's 95% of the reason my computer is on all the time.

The other 5% is so I can access files/stream stuff at my leisure. Of course, if that's all I wanted to do I can just use a remote wake (wake-on-lan).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Apple f***ing sucks