or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Apple f***ing sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple f***ing sucks - Page 8

post #106 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
See, you even use the term "PC" yourself to describe non Apple computers.
YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS?!?!? Non-Apple computers ARE PC's. Apple Computers ARE PC's. PC MEANS PERSONAL COMPUTER. Get it through your head. Come back when you learn to read and comprehend, because every time you post something, you fail. English is your native language isn't it? I'm just wondering, because you seem to have difficulty grasping it.
post #107 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post


YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS?!?!?

Non-Apple computers ARE PC's. Apple Computers ARE PC's. PC MEANS PERSONAL COMPUTER. Get it through your head.

Come back when you learn to read and comprehend, because every time you post something, you fail. English is your native language isn't it? I'm just wondering, because you seem to have difficulty grasping it.

FAIL...read your own posts.

When I used the term "PC" to describe Non Apples, you called me ignorant for using the term that way. You do the same thing yourself, then further insult my language skills.

If you`re going to criticize someone, and repeatedly call them ignorant (because you are smart?) you should try not do the same thing you are trying to criticize.
post #108 of 397
the term "PC" (not the abbreviation) came from the original IBM-PC and its clones ("IBM PC Compatible") and has always been popularly used to describe non-Apple personal computers
post #109 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
FAIL...read your own posts.

When I used the term "PC" to describe Non Apples, you called me ignorant for using the term that way. You do the same thing yourself, then further insult my language skills.

If you`re going to criticize someone, and repeatedly call them ignorant (because you are smart?) you should try not do the same thing you are trying to criticize.

I wonder what's worse. Being an ass or being a 'shill'. There are only losers here, me the most for actually reading this threak.

By the way, Dragon, You're wrong. He didn't use PC in the non-apple way in the part you quoted. (He used it once thus to quote the fallacy and once thus using "". That makes all the difference I'm afraid) Perhaps he did elsewhere, and I'd be happy to help you decide after you quote it...
post #110 of 397
Imagine this thread in a different context: - Band of Outsiders fucking sucks!! The button fell off my shirt and I can't get it back on! - LOL I know you shouldnt have bought that shit rofl - Hey I have some band of outsiders shirts and they're holding up well, the one with the button fell off was fixed promptly by good service - FFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - you fucking stupid BOO evangelists and your cultist bullshit! Im sick of you assholes trying to sell your shit on everyone you ever talk to! 6 more pages!
post #111 of 397
^ LOL I do wish we could get a good OS-based database programme. The only option at the moment is to run Access in Windows, which is awkward. Oh FWIW, and as far as employers go, Apple are very good. A lot better than Dell, down the road - though not as good as Google (I have heard - though never worked for Google).
post #112 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
If anything it`s the PC users that sound more like "evangelists" and "elitists." Just read this thread.
I may agree with you now. Apple has reached the saturation point and is now falling out of favor, I believe Google is too. People are looking for the new fad. Apple is OK but people also realize PC's are OK, and $1,000 less.

I personally feel that Apple was in a position to open up home computer use, and with it the Internet, almost 10 years before Microsoft and screwed it up by making all of the hardware proprietary and thus expensive. Proprietary hardware does have advantages though.

I am not so much pro-PC and Microsoft as I am anti-empty headed hipster fanboyism.

YMMV
post #113 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post
There must be an inverse relationship to how much sex you get and how much you care about changing people's mind about what computers they use.
I felt that this gem was glossed over and underappreciated amidst the nerd rage.
post #114 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFS View Post
I wonder what's worse. Being an ass or being a 'shill'. There are only losers here, me the most for actually reading this threak.

By the way, Dragon, You're wrong. He didn't use PC in the non-apple way in the part you quoted. (He used it once thus to quote the fallacy and once thus using "". That makes all the difference I'm afraid) Perhaps he did elsewhere, and I'd be happy to help you decide after you quote it...

You may be right. Either way, there was no reason to call me ignorant by using "PC" describing non-Apples, as he (maybe not) and other members are using the term the same way I use it, even in this thread. I am ignorant because I am now use Mac, and "PC" users can use the term to describe non-Apples without being ignorant? That doesn`t make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
I may agree with you now. Apple has reached the saturation point and is now falling out of favor, I believe Google is too. People are looking for the new fad. Apple is OK but people also realize PC's are OK, and $1,000 less.

I personally feel that Apple was in a position to open up home computer use, and with it the Internet, almost 10 years before Microsoft and screwed it up by making all of the hardware proprietary and thus expensive. Proprietary hardware does have advantages though.

I am not so much pro-PC and Microsoft as I am anti-empty headed hipster fanboyism.

YMMV

I agree with most of your post, but disagree about the pricing part. The main criticism in this thread is the regurgitation of Apple propaganda, yet it is OK to say things like "PCs" are $1,000 less. That is pretty much Anti-Mac propaganda, as comparable "PCs" and Macs are not that far apart in price. I am not saying Apple provides good value products though
post #115 of 397
Thread Starter 
I hate to break up the love-fest between TS and Dragon, but I will. First things first - I owe a HUGE thank you to JustinW, who spent at least an hour with me on chat the other night trying to help me get to the bottom of things. His willingness to take time out of his day to help a stranger is really extraordinary and is one of the greatest things about the StyleForum - it is a place with some of the classiest people I know, even if I have never met them face-to-face. Update: I don't know if Facebook addressed their issues, or whether by some dumb coincidence of luck when I started iPhoto it didn't right away try to sync w/FB, but I was able to quickly get in before it did and delete my Facebook album from within iPhoto. So whether or not the issue really was fixed, I was able to kill the source of the problem and I know not to try to use that functionality again. Perhaps Apple should consider stopping advertising that particular feature until they are certain they have it right. Update 2: The iTunes login was due to EPIC USER FAIL. I, um, forgot my username. Justin tried to convince me of this the other day and I refused to believe it was possible, but I sent an e-mail in to customer service and they responded within 24 hours, politely reminding me of my proper username. I have 2, apparently, one created thru MobileMe that wasn't the same as my old iTunes-only one. So, yeah, my huge f***ing bad. Apple f***ing sucks but Douglas f***ing sucks also. Update 3: I did use the new Mac to do some scanning of old photos yesterday with an HP all-in-one scanner, and within 5 minutes I was making perfect scans very quickly and easily. The scanner plugged-and-played like a dream, and the Apple image importer (can't remember the name of the app) was highly intelligent, picking up that I had 3 or 4 photos on the flatbed at once, and writing them directly to iPhoto as separate files with virtually no effort required from me. It was something that worked really, really, really well, and is the sort of thing I expected to encounter when I decided to make the switch. I still have to get to the bottom of how to sync things properly, but I'm feeling considerably better today than I was when I wrote my rant. FWIW - I am not, and never have been, a fanboy on either side. I certainly understand the problems and limitations of PCs and PC software, but I have worked with them (and continue to work with them) on a daily basis and though they can be frustrating, they generally work. My biggest Apple peeve is that they have built a culture of worship whereby Apple devotees refuse to admit that Apples have any problems at all. Both platforms are fallible, I think even equally fallible, but Apple has a smugness about addressing their issues, and at times a flat denial that there are issues, that can be infuriating. (Example - the Apple screen issues that have completely screwed a lot of people - a good friend of mine has an iMac where half the screen lines are missing and Apple denies there is a problem.) It is largely what fueled my rant the other night.
post #116 of 397
^Fanboi
post #117 of 397
That's great news, Douglas!

post #118 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
If you`re going to criticize someone, and repeatedly call them ignorant (because you are smart?) you should try not do the same thing you are trying to criticize.
I was not calling you ignorant until you started acting ignorant.
Quote:
You may be right. Either way, there was no reason to call me ignorant by using "PC" describing non-Apples, as he (maybe not) and other members are using the term the same way I use it, even in this thread. I am ignorant because I am now use Mac, and "PC" users can use the term to describe non-Apples without being ignorant? That doesn`t make sense.
Like this ^ Poor you. Boo hoo. The only people in this thread to refer to "Windows" as a "PC" are Mac users. (or people who would buy a Mac Vaio?) Of course, MS is not helping anything with their stupid ads either. It was a mistake, IMO.
post #119 of 397
Glad you and Justin got it all worked out Douglas.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Justin for not only taking the time to help Douglas out with his problem, but to refrain from the seemingly overwhelming desire to act like a complete and utter Mactard. Quite decent of you. You have my respect, whatever that's worth.
post #120 of 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
I agree with most of your post, but disagree about the pricing part. The main criticism in this thread is the regurgitation of Apple propaganda, yet it is OK to say things like "PCs" are $1,000 less. That is pretty much Anti-Mac propaganda, as comparable "PCs" and Macs are not that far apart in price. I am not saying Apple provides good value products though
I usually find MAC's to be more expensive. On the Windows side I like that I can build my own PC out of quality parts for cheap if I wish. On the MAC side I like that even though it costs more I do not have to do that since Apple is not competing with itself and sources quality parts in general.

Microsoft gets blamed for a lot of crap that is not their fault. Cheap, crappy memory, bad drivers, cheap motherboards. Both have their place. I personally love Photoshop and even though I know MAC's to be better at this I would rather build an uber PC because I am cheap and like bang for the buck. Also I have a LOT more experience with Microsoft.

I used to go to the Linux Users Group and it was really cool but I never really used Linux for my main box. They also were catty and hated MS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Apple f***ing sucks