Thanks for replying!
Few things for me to say.
1) first of all I know nothing about wallets and leather and the quality in terms of manufacturing and so on
2) From a customer's perspective I have to say the pictures of your products are bad. Too few and the quality is meh. Even if your products would be the same or better quality than the one I linked i would still be inclined to shop somewhere else
3) I am sad you do not make belts or do you ? :-)
4) I would have to be able to ship your stuff to Europe and the low price of your product is actually a bad thing for me because the costs of shipping would be almost half the price of one wallet. So you know...hard to justify for me.
1) I'm dying to get to do some videos of our process and talk a little bit about leather and what we do here, just takes time.
We've been in business since 1969 and guarantee everything for life, and unlike newer companies starting up that offer similar guarantees, we stand a much better chance of being around to honor ours...
As far as the leathers I use, the Horween leather speaks for itself, world famous for quality. The "standard" wallet leathers are high quality full grain and come from the same tannery as Saddleback uses (though I'm not going to put it that way on the website), they hold up after years and years of use.
A lot of those leathers I mentioned are "premium leathers that I'd love to use that I don't offer as "stock" because of limited quantities of it.
2) Working on the pictures. We do everything in house, so some "important thing"s (like pictures) get replaced by the"urgent things" (like making and shipping orders).
Trying to do more "real backgrounds" like this:
Look better to you?
Actually most of our business is wholesale and white label, so we're still working out the kinks in the retail site.
3) Belts are kind of a different animal and yes I "can" do belts (wearing one I made right now) but we make over 150 other items it's already hard to keep focus. I'm modest enough to admit that there are folks out there who do belts better at the moment. If I ever do offer belts, I'll take the time to do it right.
4)Yeah I know, we're cheap...trying to change that ;-) That's one thing that's in my best interest, though I think keeping pricing somewhat reasonable let's "normal folk" get a nice product real leather product made in USA from real leather.
Frankly the folks who charge over $100 for a wallet are making a killing. My bifold wallet #148 uses about a foot of leather- even very "expensive leather" isn't more than $10 or so per foot (unless you're talking exotics like croc or alligator.)
If you're concerned that the shipping is half the price of the wallet, buy 2 and give one to a friend.