Dock Artisan photo from their site:
My actual wallet:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just bought this wallet from their NY showroom. The perfect grey. Newish brand, called Deux Cuirs. Not sold that many places.....barneys I think but they have a site to buy and awesome stuff.
It's all calfskin and the colors they do are custom to their stuff which is cool. All vegetable tanned so they have a cool baja feeling. Minimal design and really soft. Anyone else bought anything from them? www.deuxcuirs.com
Bought a back Ralph Lauren at Marshall's last year.
Looking at Bosca. I like their old leather "Cognac" look and the fact that they don't display the logo on the cover:
securedownload.jpg 745k .jpg file giudi pelletterie
FYI any of you guys in Tampa Bay who like International Mall: visit the store Eleganza. Guy has all kinds of leather wallets and shoes and jackets. I bought a shiny black handmade-looking briefcase there and he threw in the wallet for free. Everything in the store is made in Italy.
Hey guys! First time poster, some time lurker here..
I'm on the prowl for an new wallet, and i'm having a hard time figuring out an adequate buy.
I currently have an beaten and torn up noname calfskin tri-fold i got from my mother 9 years ago.
My preference would be an 4-9 card slot slim bi-fold with or without a coin pouch, preferably in structured/blank black leather, price point 0-350$, but preferably at around 100$+.
I have checked out some wallets/brands.
* Tommy Hilifiger, models Eton/Capestripe 90$ seems nice, unsure about the quality.
* Polo Ralph Lauren, 90$, didnt really like the "natural" leather.
* Tiger of Sweden, 90$, seems nice, unsure about the quality
* Bally, Model Bollen 190$, nice leather, got the feeling of good quality
* Hugo Boss 190$, also nice leather, feeling of qood quality, comes with a keychain which however felt like a turnoff, gave me the feeling of cheap marketing.
* Paul Smith, 190$, seems nice but gimmicky with to much colour on the inside
* Louis Vuitton, Daimier/Monogram/Epi, 280-370$, bit douchy and i didnt feel as if the value met the cost.
* Mulberry 300-350$, Meh, nice and all, but unsure if the quality would be better than that of bally or hugo boss, and worth the premium.
* Bottega Veneta 370$, nice and all, but unsure with the intrecciato for everyday use and if i really appreciate its design, pricey, feeling of good quality.
Would really appreciate some input and guidance/experience, alternatives, since i seem to complicate everything.
Im in for long term, everyday use, so quality is important.
Right now i kind of feel as if im leaning towards the TommyHilifiger/Bally/HugoBoss.
I use one of my own! Handmade of 100% Genuine Horween in San Diego CA.
I use the Minimalist Wallet because its so slim, fits 8 cards and has a middle compartment for cash. I get compliments on it fairly often and have yet to see something similar in the market.
Also, its really not expensive at $50.00 and you can pick up to three initials free of charge.
Hi, not sure if your post was aimed towards me specifically, but i checked out your shop, and albeit your very nice craftmanship, i guess my taste is a bit too conservative. Then i also live in Scandinavia, tolls and shipping are murder.
All the best!