or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Explanation for recent bannings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Explanation for recent bannings - Page 2  

post #16 of 118
Either Vaclav, Horace, and LabelKing are all separate people, or someone is one hell of an impersonator with literary talents approaching those of Shakespeare.

An explanation of what has happened with LabelKing can be found here. I hope this does not escalate into some issue that gets LK banned, as he is one of the most interesting and erudite posters here.

Either these are all different individuals, or somebody has been taking the trouble to register these identities from separate computers with different IP addresses that he can operate at the same time in order to post from multiple identities simultaneously at AAAC and FNB, both of which allow only one username per user. That's an awful lot of trouble to go to for relatively little gain.

I was under the impression that Horace and Vaclav were in contact privately and launched some sort of guerilla campaign to subvert the orthodoxy of Trad (which, I confess, completely baffled me) as retaliation for Vaclav's being banned from AAAC. That started the trouble between Horace and the moderators over at Andy's just before SF went down. In any case, I'd give very little credence to the theory that Horace and Vaclav are the same person. If they are, I'd say someone desperately needs to get both a life and a blow job.
post #17 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
If they are, I'd say someone desperately needs to get both a life and a blow job.

no, I need a life and a blow job. this guy would need a shrink.
post #18 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red

An explanation of what has happened with LabelKing can be found here. I hope this does not escalate into some issue that gets LK banned, as he is one of the most interesting and erudite posters here.
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. It must have been something more than mere snideness, though.
post #19 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter
no, I need a life and a blow job. this guy would need a shrink.

On first reading, I thought you wrote a 'wife' and a blow job. I was concerned that you didn't realize that the two were mutually exclusive.
post #20 of 118
That'll learn 'em.
post #21 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret
On first reading, I thought you wrote a 'wife' and a blow job. I was concerned that you didn't realize that the two were mutually exclusive.

Sounds like you have the wrong wife .
post #22 of 118
Did LabelKing strike a plea bargain and rat out Horace and Vaclav?
post #23 of 118
if labelking goes, i go, and so would half the forum.
post #24 of 118
I enjoy LK's presence but half? That's quite an overstatement. Just curious. Where would you go? Devil's Island? Some of us are already there.
post #25 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopee
I enjoy LK's presence but half? That's quite an overstatement.

Just curious. Where would you go? Devil's Island? Some of us are already there.

i like to overstate.
post #26 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVintage79
Did LabelKing strike a plea bargain and rat out Horace and Vaclav?

My guess is that nobody needed ratting out and that the LabelKing affair is entirely separate. Of course, I have no idea what has actually happened.

The tendency on Style Forum for members to imagine trolls lurking in every shadow, suspecting new members of being old trolls, and whipping up a froth over every decision by the moderators grows rather tiresome.

I trust if any further clarification is necessary, the moderators will provide it.
post #27 of 118
Some would opine that Vaclav was an alter ego for Horace. Horace was around much before V, but there did seem to be a pattern of postings that lend creedence to the theory. I thought Vaclav was an amusing character. But he was no Lazarillo.

As for LK, I just don't know. He always seemed like a decent enough chap to me. Very broad interests. Almost always learned something new from him.

All of that said, I will leave it up to the wisdom of our moderators as to whether any or all of these members should have the right to post here.
post #28 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
if labelking goes, i go, and so would half the forum.

Same here, if LK goes, I'm out.

As far as Horace/Vaclav -

I liked them. It was really funny. How can you guys ban a guy who makes a kite out of a Thomas Pink shirt? Or who alters a tweed jacket 'so the wind can come in here'?

Actually, no insult intended. I don't know the whole story, so I don't want to seem like I'm harping on J or the moderators. I never had a problem with Vaclav, thought his posts were funny, but it's totally up to the owner of the site.
post #29 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Same here, if LK goes, I'm out.
LK isn't a big fan of exile, you know...I'll support almost any royalist cause.
post #30 of 118
What happened with LK thought?

That really caught me by surprise. Didn't expect to see that. Anyone have a thread explaining it more in-depth?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Explanation for recent bannings