or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 648

post #9706 of 53407

 

 

 

 

 

A few "in the wild" pics from last week.

 

First set is brown neumoks

Secon set is my vintage O'Neal (I think) wholecuts in chili.

Last set is shell cambridges.

post #9707 of 53407
Quote:

Last set is shell cambridges.

 

Great shoes

post #9708 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbk View Post

Hi All,

 

Just received some pictures of the Amsterdam from Vanessa at Urban Daddy.  I was torn between the Amsterdam and the Gramercy but after seeing pictures of both I think I'm leaning towards the Amsterdam.

 

 

Thanks for the pictures. There was some discussion on the site before as to whether the 3 UD offerings were like the "rough" collection leathers. Do you think the leather offered on the Amsterdam is more like their standard offerings? I would really like to see the bourbon color in person first before buying, but it seems (based on the catalogue pictures posted) that the bourbon will not be offered for the Macallister any time soon.


Edited by spitshine123 - 9/16/12 at 9:17pm
post #9709 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyched View Post

 

Great shoes

agreed, well taken care of :)

post #9710 of 53407
When does the rediscover sale start?
post #9711 of 53407
Someone above said 9/24, I do not know how accurate that is.
post #9712 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

When does the rediscover sale start?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ia View Post

Someone above said 9/24, I do not know how accurate that is.

does the rediscover sale include discounts on seconds? my walnut dalton seconds are regrettably the right length but too damn narrow in the right foot in 9eee, so i am still longing for a pair of shell boots. i never knew i had such fat feet.

post #9713 of 53407

I don't think the Amsterdam is in the rough collection and after seeing the post with fall catalog pics I decided to order the Amsterdam.  I like the Gramercy to bad it's in the rough collection I really wish they had some better pictures of it.

post #9714 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ia View Post

Someone above said 9/24, I do not know how accurate that is.

Wondering if the sale for seconds will be anything like 2/$200 or 2/$300.
post #9715 of 53407
long shot but does anyone have a pic of a EEE width Amok Chukkas?
post #9716 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post

long shot but does anyone have a pic of a EEE width Amok Chukkas?

No, but I did yet one on recently, looked sleek enough. The unlined nature of the boot made it too uncomfortable for me though. That and the online review are not what you would say commendable... smile.gif
post #9717 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus View Post
 
Thanks for the heads up!
Using the 20% off code, I was able to get brown / linen Strawfuts for $135. Sweet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

A great spectator; I have it. Perhaps the only drawback is that it is seasonal (or at least I consider it to be).

 

$135 for the Strawfuts is a heck of a deal, I have the brown on brown and love it for summer use. Only the brown\linen is discounted on the site. One of the reasons I scanned the last page of the supplemental catalog is that the Strawfut is being moved to MTO, which will increase the price even more. So anyone thinking of getting one this would likely be the last chance at a decent price. A spectator is a bit much for where I work or I'd jump on it, if the black on black was on sale I'd grab it in a heart beat. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

Thanks for the pictures. There was some discussion on the site before as to whether the 3 UD offerings were like the "rough" collection leathers. Do you think the leather offered on the Amsterdam is more like their standard offerings? I would really like to see the bourbon color in person first before buying, but it seems (based on the catalogue pictures posted) that the bourbon will not be offered for the Macallister any time soon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerbk View Post

I don't think the Amsterdam is in the rough collection and after seeing the post with fall catalog pics I decided to order the Amsterdam.  I like the Gramercy to bad it's in the rough collection I really wish they had some better pictures of it.

 

Yes the Amsterdam is listed as calf, the other 2 as Dublin leather which is what the rough collection is made of. I too was hoping the Mcallister would be offered in bourbon by AE instead of the Strand. @ millerbk pics please when you get them?!

post #9718 of 53407
I wish the Gramercy pictures were better or there were better pictures of the dublin cognac Ridgeway. It is impossible to get a sense of the color with 1) the small poor quality UD pictures, 2) the terrible AE pictures, and 3) how the orange stitching on the Ridgeway impacts the look/color of the cognac. Ugh, I need a new pair of fall shoes and am getting more and more frustrated. I would love any advice - something for business casual that can go with dark denim. Already have Indys, reverse suede wings, strands, desert boots. I'm not sure I like the Cronmoc either....
post #9719 of 53407
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeharo View Post

I wish the Gramercy pictures were better or there were better pictures of the dublin cognac Ridgeway. It is impossible to get a sense of the color with 1) the small poor quality UD pictures, 2) the terrible AE pictures, and 3) how the orange stitching on the Ridgeway impacts the look/color of the cognac. Ugh, I need a new pair of fall shoes and am getting more and more frustrated. I would love any advice - something for business casual that can go with dark denim. Already have Indys, reverse suede wings, strands, desert boots. I'm not sure I like the Cronmoc either....

Pictures of the ridgeway:



post #9720 of 53407
Thank-you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread