or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 640

post #9586 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

Got a response from Vanessa at UrbanDaddy. More pics! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These say "Duckie Brown by Florsheim" to me. Glad I passed.

But thanks for the pics. This is helpful info.
post #9587 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

Got a response from Vanessa at UrbanDaddy. More pics! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These say "Duckie Brown by Florsheim" to me.

Dead on.
post #9588 of 50963

About half an hour ago FedEx dropped off the first pair of webgems that I ordered last week in #8. The new finish, oh yeah... nod[1].gif

 

Grey, cloudy and rainy out and still doing a lot of brushing but will try to get some pics up for comparison soon. If there is a break in the weather and this work stuff doesn't keep getting in the way LOL.

post #9589 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

About half an hour ago FedEx dropped off the first pair of webgems that I ordered last week in #8. The new finish, oh yeah... nod[1].gif

 

Grey, cloudy and rainy out and still doing a lot of brushing but will try to get some pics up for comparison soon. If there is a break in the weather and this work stuff doesn't keep getting in the way LOL.

 

What model?  Can't wait to see the photos...

post #9590 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

About half an hour ago FedEx dropped off the first pair of webgems that I ordered last week in #8. The new finish, oh yeah... nod[1].gif

 

Grey, cloudy and rainy out and still doing a lot of brushing but will try to get some pics up for comparison soon. If there is a break in the weather and this work stuff doesn't keep getting in the way LOL.

 

You ordered last week and you've already received them?  Were these ones that had an order deadline of 9/23 with a ship date of "by 10/23"?

post #9591 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

Got a response from Vanessa at UrbanDaddy. More pics!

You just saved me a lot of money....

post #9592 of 50963
What dont you guys like about the shoe? The color?
post #9593 of 50963
I had been trying to get a pair of Bradley’s in #8 shell since December of last year. However I really have wanted chukka’s in shell since I can recall. To me a PTB chukka shows off shell better than anything. And can go from a suit to jeans with ease. So when they released the Dundee as a webgem I called AE and canceled the Bradley and replaced it with the Dundee in burgundy. The next day I ordered the black shell Dundee. I posted on here that I regretted not getting the cappuccino Dundee when it was offered. Bucksfan sent me a PM and suggested it may worth my time to email Paul the CEO of AE and explain the situation concerning the Bradley’s and ask if it would be possible to have a pair made in cappuccino. I am extremely grateful that bucksfan took the time to contact me, was he ever correct.
 
Talk about customer service! I emailed Paul on Thursday. Friday I received a call from a lady that has worked at AE for 30 years and she talked to me for 28 min. and 16 seconds, what an educational experience. She apologized for Paul not being able to call me as he was on the road and said Paul had authorized her to make it happen. She had my complete order history and asked a lot of questions. When I told her that the reason I did not get the Dundee was that the Malvern did not fit me and was too tight she immediately replied that was because they used memory foam in the Malvern. Also that there is a shortage of shell and has been for a year now which is why they only do made to order in shell. Horween can not keep up with the demand. She was concerned that I had not seen the cappuccino shell in person and said it was apparent from my order history that I would not be going barefoot any time soon (LOL) so sent samples of the other 3 shell colors to me. And said I had the option of ordering any color, all 3 or none. They showed up the next day, on Saturday. Cappuccino also goes by the name of truffle and it changes based on the lighting dramatically.
 

 

 
On Monday I called her back and told her I would like to order all 3, as painful as the cost was it is still a bargain and a once in a lifetime chance to get what I really wanted. They waived all custom charges and she told me I could have them made any way I wanted to. It didn’t take long to decide on Redenbach soles for all 5 pairs, black for #8 and black shell, brown for truffle and dark brown, and natural for the walnut. It will take 2-3 months to get them all I was shocked to get the #8 so fast. Not sure if maybe they were the ones made up for the pictures on the site?
 
Over the next couple of days will try to get some decent pictures and post them. Rainy and dark out so dodging rain drops out of dozen of pictures this is the best I could do. So the newest addition to the fleet is a squadron of DD class (Dundee) USS (United States Shoe).
 
USS Burgundy, DD-1 arriving...
 

 

 

With flash the red shows up much more pronounced. The black highlights do not show up without it so much. The toes are done with more black than red, which I find is a nice touch.

 

 

The one I wanted the most but couldn't seem to get. The Leeds on the left are very brownish in comparison. The Cambridge on the right is a mix of colors but still a little opaque, but less brown. The new Dundees are very glossy and solid colored, yet still have a little depth due to the way they finished them. And you can see it has more of the older wider welt than the Cambridge, which is fine by me. Should be able to click on the pictures to get a better view. I really think that AE nailed it solid with the new shell finish. 

 

 

post #9594 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

I had been trying to get a pair of Bradley’s in #8 shell since December of last year. However I really have wanted chukka’s in shell since I can recall. To me a PTB chukka shows off shell better than anything. And can go from a suit to jeans with ease. So when they released the Dundee as a webgem I called AE and canceled the Bradley and replaced it with the Dundee in burgundy. The next day I ordered the black shell Dundee. I posted on here that I regretted not getting the cappuccino Dundee when it was offered. Bucksfan sent me a PM and suggested it may worth my time to email Paul the CEO of AE and explain the situation concerning the Bradley’s and ask if it would be possible to have a pair made in cappuccino. I am extremely grateful that bucksfan took the time to contact me, was he ever correct.
 
Talk about customer service! I emailed Paul on Thursday. Friday I received a call from a lady that has worked at AE for 30 years and she talked to me for 28 min. and 16 seconds, what an educational experience. She apologized for Paul not being able to call me as he was on the road and said Paul had authorized her to make it happen. She had my complete order history and asked a lot of questions. When I told her that the reason I did not get the Dundee was that the Malvern did not fit me and was too tight she immediately replied that was because they used memory foam in the Malvern. Also that there is a shortage of shell and has been for a year now which is why they only do made to order in shell. Horween can not keep up with the demand. She was concerned that I had not seen the cappuccino shell in person and said it was apparent from my order history that I would not be going barefoot any time soon (LOL) so sent samples of the other 3 shell colors to me. And said I had the option of ordering any color, all 3 or none. They showed up the next day, on Saturday. Cappuccino also goes by the name of truffle and it changes based on the lighting dramatically.
 
 
On Monday I called her back and told her I would like to order all 3, as painful as the cost was it is still a bargain and a once in a lifetime chance to get what I really wanted. They waived all custom charges and she told me I could have them made any way I wanted to. It didn’t take long to decide on Redenbach soles for all 5 pairs, black for #8 and black shell, brown for truffle and dark brown, and natural for the walnut. It will take 2-3 months to get them all I was shocked to get the #8 so fast. Not sure if maybe they were the ones made up for the pictures on the site?
 
Over the next couple of days will try to get some decent pictures and post them. Rainy and dark out so dodging rain drops out of dozen of pictures this is the best I could do. So the newest addition to the fleet is a squadron of DD class (Dundee) USS (United States Shoe).
 
USS Burgundy, DD-1 arriving...
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

With flash the red shows up much more pronounced. The black highlights do not show up without it so much. The toes are done with more black than red, which I find is a nice touch.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

The one I wanted the most but couldn't seem to get. The Leeds on the left are very brownish in comparison. The Cambridge on the right is a mix of colors but still a little opaque, but less brown. The new Dundees are very glossy and solid colored, yet still have a little depth due to the way they finished them. And you can see it has more of the older wider welt than the Cambridge, which is fine by me. Should be able to click on the pictures to get a better view. I really think that AE nailed it solid with the new shell finish. 

 

 

 

Thanks for sharing that amazing experience.  The #8's you just got are amazing.  Congrats.  And more to come.  Enjoy your wealth! 

 

I ordered the Daltons in #8/burgundy (another webgem) and was hoping your post was indicating I'd be getting mine anyday but I guess I'll have to wait a month or so.

 

I also kind of wish we'd get that kind of love from Alden...

post #9595 of 50963
Regarding the UrbanDaddy Allen Edmonds deal,

Whoever said the Hudson Loafer is based off the Patriot Loafer is mistaken.

I'd say it looks much more like the Dornoch Loafer
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF0944_1_40000000001_-1
post #9596 of 50963

What's the consensus on sizing for the shell Dalton? I've been going through the thread and there's been a lot of talk about the shell running looser than the calf equivalent, and I was wondering if anyone had advice before I place an order for the webgem. Size down 1/2 or go true to size?

post #9597 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyskies View Post

What's the consensus on sizing for the shell Dalton? I've been going through the thread and there's been a lot of talk about the shell running looser than the calf equivalent, and I was wondering if anyone had advice before I place an order for the webgem. Size down 1/2 or go true to size?

 

I went TTS for my walnut shell Daltons and they fit fine.  But they are unlined.  The consensus seems to go TTS or same as calf.

post #9598 of 50963

I had emailed Allen Edmonds asking about the new shell finish, and they said there was no change in the finish and the difference was just in the pictures.  Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?

post #9599 of 50963
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

Ive been doing straight bar lacing which I think is causing my strands to be too loose...would straight european help tighten them up a bit?


Most certainly

post #9600 of 50963

My Fairfax are actually chestnut not cognac and are darker then I remember...

Left to Right: Strand (cappuccino shell), Fairfax (chili calf), Fairfax (chestnut calf), and Strand (walnut calf).

I have treated the Fairfax chestnut with Reno and chestnut polish from AE. These were my first pair of AEs and they are staring to darken nicely with wear... picking up darker orange/red tones with age. The Fairfax in chili is probably my favorite at this moment. I have treated them with oxblood Kiwi to deepen the luster and bring out the red.

 

I may be in the minority, but looking forward to my Gramercys landing here. Agreed they are "rough" like the Ridgeway and the new McT, but a good casual Friday sport coat to date night red/brown hued beauty... call me Mr. Duckie McBrown <making duck face>

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread