Shoes are too wide. You need a narrower width and a longer length. This is what you get when you take advice from SF noobs on how to fit a shoe. Sure, just go down in size and buy a triple E
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:37am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 637
Styleforum Top Picks
I was measured at Nordstrom, but perhaps therein lies the problem. The width is a B, and I could not comfortably go any narrower.
The problem I have with Nordstroms is the store doesn't always have that many different sizes within my range on hand that I can try. However I can usually order a couple of different sizes and take back the ones that don't work.
I know your shoes have been worn but if I were you I would at least try to go back to the store and see what they will do for you. Nordstroms generally is willling to work with and standby their customers.
alright thanks dudes, here's the final list i have of Allen Edmonds shoes on the 8 last, posted for posterity's sake:
Delray (split toe blucher)
Lasalle (split toe blucher)
Vernon (brogued bal)
Nathan (punched captoe bal) (JAB)
Clifton (punched captoe blucher) (Nordstrom)
Hale (brogued bal)
McClain (shortwing bal)
Thayer (single monk)
Ashton (split toe blucher)
Hinsdale (shortwing blucher)
Mora (double monk)
Weybridge (brogued blucher)
Niles (plain captoe bal)
Quinton (rubber soled wingtip bal)
I strapped on my Winhalls this morning and noticed they are also on the 8 last - so one more for the list.
During july i bought here in France my 2nd pair of Allen Edmonds shoes: The Player Shoes Sand Suede, these ones are in US size 8E i have 41.5 french size and the US8 fits well. I choose E because there is not really the choice, it was E or E The avaliability of AE shoes here is very limited
This kind of shoes are not common here, last week wearing these shoes during a short walk in Paris, i received compliments from a guy in the street who wants positively knowing where they comes from to buy a pair !
Amsterdam in Bourbon looks really nice
Wow the Gramercy is beautiful - but no returns and no more pictures than the one... just kind of hesitant.
Haha! But truly beautiful. Looks like a wonderful color and I've been eyeing and wanting a pair of longwings for a while. Great price... my god I wish I was an AA width!
They look like the McAllister (Amsterdam), new Patriot loafer (Hudson), and MacNeil (Gramercy) in some of the new fall colors. Perhaps it is like Brooks Brothers where they use a different name for the various models?
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...