or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 584

post #8746 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

how often do people use polish? and when is the best time to apply? before initial wears? Sorry for noob questions, I've never really worn shoes I really really cared about. Ive worn my mcallisters a few times but haven't treated them with anything either.

While this question is best answered by reading some of the Shoe Care thread, i will answer briefly.

Condition your shoe, out of the box (particularly in the upper) to minimize creasing oddities. After initial break in, you can use some cream to feed the leather, and polish it to desired luster. You do not need to do this after every wear, once a month would work, given a good rotation of shoes.

Hope that helped...
post #8747 of 51004
Thanks I will look into it more. Ive always just worn the shoes...but now with 3 pairs I'd like to make these last...not that my other shoes didn't last, but you get what I am getting at.
post #8748 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post

DSC03744.JPG 2341k .JPG file


I received my Neumora's yesterday and after one days wear they have developed creases into the toe cap. Sizing wise, i'm a 10D in the Strand and origionally ordered the same that were too big so sized down to a 9.5D. The fit feels quite good and overall length and width of the shoe is on par with my other AE's.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Neumonks?

Speaking of creasing- here are my new parkways after 2 wears. Left foot feels a bit loose since it does not have as much girth in the instep, so its leading to some creasing. Foot bed width at ball of foot and heel are perfect though, so no complaints

a6f9c023-66e5-e848.jpg
post #8749 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

So i placed an order for Delrays in burgundy cordovan with a natural colored sole. My wallet is hating me right now, but i have been digging the 6 last, and i wanted to do something special with this custom order. My SA had to get authorization to see if cordovan was an option, and he got the go ahead. Now i wait for 6-8 weeks, and hopefully have some great pics to share icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

WOW, that sounds freaking amazing!  Be sure to post pics when they arrive.  I believe the Delrays come stock in the 8 last; how does the 6 compare to this, and does it make the shoe more dressy more casual?

post #8750 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

WOW, that sounds freaking amazing!  Be sure to post pics when they arrive.  I believe the Delrays come stock in the 8 last; how does the 6 compare to this, and does it make the shoe more dressy more casual?

 

I don't even see the 6 last listed on AE's website.  What kind of last is this?

post #8751 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

WOW, that sounds freaking amazing!  Be sure to post pics when they arrive.  I believe the Delrays come stock in the 8 last; how does the 6 compare to this, and does it make the shoe more dressy more casual?

Correction, it is the 8 last, as usual. Not sure why I keep confusing the two smile.gif
post #8752 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveshoes View Post


You inspired me yesterday. I went to work and scrubbed these puppies for a while. Introducing the burgundy shell fleet I have succumb to so far! Hope to have a collection of brown someday like this....



 

Glad I could be of assistance :D

 

I would have taken a pic of mine yesterday, but it was POURING raining out, they got all wet, i got all pissed, and thats that....

post #8753 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr4884 View Post
466173

 

You won't find burgundy calf looks as good as this. nod[1].gif

post #8754 of 51004

yes, i am well aware of how nice #8 looks in shell, and how there isn't one color (besides walnut, maybe...) that looks better in calf than shell

 

gorgeous pics

post #8755 of 51004
In two months since I last posted in this thread, 120 pages of posts have been made. Looks like AE sold a lot of Strands this summer.
post #8756 of 51004

A couple new styles have just been added to AE's site:

 

The Harrison in black and brown (the walnut has not been posted yet): http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF7613_1_40000000001_-1

 

The Dornoch is now offered in dark brown grain: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF0944_1_40000000001_-1

 

The Black Hills is now offered in grey: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2905_1_40000000001_-1

post #8757 of 51004
It looks like AE has more sizes available on the clearance Elgins. A while back they only had 2 sizes, but now it looks like a full list.

If you missed out on the clearance Elgin, you can check it out now and they might have your size.

Chris
post #8758 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

It looks like AE has more sizes available on the clearance Elgins. A while back they only had 2 sizes, but now it looks like a full list.
If you missed out on the clearance Elgin, you can check it out now and they might have your size.
Chris

Another alternative to consider if they have your size, would be to pick a pair up from Amazon. The Elgin is currently $175.20 there with the SIZE2OI2 coupon applied.
post #8759 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by konoyaro View Post


Another alternative to consider if they have your size, would be to pick a pair up from Amazon. The Elgin is currently $175.20 there with the SIZE2OI2 coupon applied.

 

The only caveat to this is that I have found AE's from Amazon to arrive in various conditions ranging from:  smashed boxes and shoes; shoes that were creased and obviously worn around the house for several days; and shoes with nicks and scratches, etc.  With Amazon, though, your only option is to return them if they arrive in that condition.  I prefer to have AE match the Amazon price as a matter of convenience so that I can go back to AE with any issues, but would order from Amazon again if the price was right.

post #8760 of 51004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

A couple new styles have just been added to AE's site:

 

The Harrison in black and brown (the walnut has not been posted yet): http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF7613_1_40000000001_-1

 

The Dornoch is now offered in dark brown grain: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF0944_1_40000000001_-1

 

The Black Hills is now offered in grey: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2905_1_40000000001_-1

 

Shoot, I thought I would like the Harrison, but not so much.  Why does AE insist on putting the cap toe line so close to the end of the toe?  Why does AE discontinue sleeker captoes like the Soho?  ffffuuuu.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread