or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 561

post #8401 of 53195

My first AE purchase.  Can I be let into the club now??  =)

 

 

1000

post #8402 of 53195

^ Congratz.  2 beautiful shoes to start your collection.

 

 

Just received my strands directly from AE.  A bit disappointed considering "usage" of the creases and sole:

700

700

 

Clearly these were slightly used and/or returned.  Would you guys make a fuss about this?  On the other hand those creases and scratches are going to be there after I wear them anyways...just enjoy em?

post #8403 of 53195

Enjoy them.  That looks like lest than a day's wear.

 

ETA: be sure to get some shoe trees.

post #8404 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

^ Congratz.  2 beautiful shoes to start your collection.

 

 

Just received my strands directly from AE.  A bit disappointed considering "usage" of the creases and sole:

700

700

 

Clearly these were slightly used and/or returned.  Would you guys make a fuss about this?  On the other hand those creases and scratches are going to be there after I wear them anyways...just enjoy em?

Enjoy - they look great!

post #8405 of 53195
..
Edited by MOCKBA - 8/6/12 at 10:46pm
post #8406 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMarzano View Post

My first AE purchase.  Can I be let into the club now??  =)

 

 

1000

 

 

They look great!  I'm waiting for my Strands in the mail right now.

 

What size are those?

post #8407 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

^ Congratz.  2 beautiful shoes to start your collection.

 

 

Just received my strands directly from AE.  A bit disappointed considering "usage" of the creases and sole:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

700

700

 

 

 

Clearly these were slightly used and/or returned.  Would you guys make a fuss about this?  On the other hand those creases and scratches are going to be there after I wear them anyways...just enjoy em?

 

Sorry, I may have missed it but are these supposed to be new shoes or irregulars (i.e. full price or discounted)?

post #8408 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMarzano View Post

My first AE purchase.  Can I be let into the club now??  =)

 

 

1000

 

Congrats on the purchase.  You made two excellent choices that will last you for years!

post #8409 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post

 

Sorry, I may have missed it but are these supposed to be new shoes or irregulars (i.e. full price or discounted)?


directly from AE price matched with nordstrom's $220.  My expectations are 1st/brand new

post #8410 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

Soho's in multiple sizes have been put up on eBay by seller "pawhead".  I just snagged a 9D Soho in cognac that looks to be in very good condition.  The Soho is still my all-time favorite AE shoe and glad to get it in a color that I don't have.  Already have it in black and saddle brown.

 

Here's a pic of the cognac Soho's I recently purchased on eBay.  They were worn maybe once before.  I felt it was a great deal for a shoe that I LOVE!

 

 

1000

post #8411 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

 

 

They look great!  I'm waiting for my Strands in the mail right now.

 

What size are those?

8.5 d   ordered from Nordstrom via the sale price.   Strands fit perfect the PA's feel a tad wider.  I guess thats the last thing you guys always talk about.  Im just learning about real shoes moving over from Cole Haans

post #8412 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

^ Congratz.  2 beautiful shoes to start your collection.


Just received my strands directly from AE.  A bit disappointed considering "usage" of the creases and sole:



Clearly these were slightly used and/or returned.  Would you guys make a fuss about this?  On the other hand those creases and scratches are going to be there after I wear them anyways...just enjoy em?


HELL YEAH I'd make a fuss! If you didn't buy Seconds, why should they look like you did? Send them back. Now.
post #8413 of 53195
This might merit a note to customer service, but honestly...try them on and if they fit comfortably, I'd live with it vs. waiting for another "new" pair to arrive. They look like someone tried them on for a couple of hours and sent them back. I highly doubt the foot beds are even broken in with that little bit of wear.
post #8414 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMarzano View Post

8.5 d   ordered from Nordstrom via the sale price.   Strands fit perfect the PA's feel a tad wider.  I guess thats the last thing you guys always talk about.  Im just learning about real shoes moving over from Cole Haans

Both the Strands and PAs are on the same last, so they should (in theory) fit the same.

post #8415 of 53195
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Both the Strands and PAs are on the same last

 

This is true, although it's not the first time I've seen someone comment that their PAs and Strands fit differently.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread