Thanks! Think I may order them this week.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 7/21/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 556
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I'm in OKC, OK - we haven't had any rain since the first week of June!
On a more serious note - that photo was taken when they were almost new, worn maybe 2-3 times. I use AE Cleaner/Conditioner and AE Leather Lotion and they still look pretty good.
These are all good choices; conservative, but stylish - timeless really. All are on the 5 last so you should take the same size in each. Good luck.
I don't think the color came through great on these photos, but here they are. They hadn't been polished up in a long time and showed. Put a nice coat of polish on last night and it helped bring back the deep chili color (it had sort of looked faded before that), despite the almost brownish color they seem to be in this color.
When my shell Bradley's show up that will make 22 AE shoes that I own. 6 wingtips plus the 5th St., Strand in Walnut shell, and the Elgin which are all heavily brogued shoes\boots, most in some flavor or another of brown. I'd like to think of myself as an equal opportunity AE shoe lover No Kenilworth in my future as long as Patrick doesn't keep posting pictures of his that may make me break down finally. I'm retired military and the black Leeds was my first AE shoe, which is identical to the military shoe which was good enough for meeting with Heads of State and at the Pentagon and Anex in the most formal situations. So I am comfortable with it in the civilian sector for formal wear and have worn it in consulting roles in every vertical market. Tapering off now and looking for plain toed boots and chukkas, preferable in shell and rubber lugged soles. But there are a few shoes out there yet thinking I might still "need".....
I actually don't own any PAs (have a pair of Johnston and Murphy Meltons that have been serving that purpose for a while, but will upgrade to PAs when the J&Ms are too worn out) . . . the two AE shoes I do own on the 5 last are the McAllister and the Fairfax. While I prefer the 8 last (Delray) to the 5 last, that's mostly for aesthetic reasons, and the fit to me tends to be pretty similar. I have a pair of Strands on the way in the mail, so I will soon find out how they fit as well, but I imagine the same as the McAllister. I basically wear the same size in the Delray and in the McAllister/Fairfax.
Sorry, wish I could be more help.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 50 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 59 seconds ago
- › The Great Cascadia Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Solid Navy Hickey Freeman mainline suit in 40R w/BNWT Loro Piana shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Barena Venezia 8 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)