Thanks! Think I may order them this week.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 6:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0, McTavish,... Last post on 2/21/15 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 556
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm in OKC, OK - we haven't had any rain since the first week of June!
On a more serious note - that photo was taken when they were almost new, worn maybe 2-3 times. I use AE Cleaner/Conditioner and AE Leather Lotion and they still look pretty good.
These are all good choices; conservative, but stylish - timeless really. All are on the 5 last so you should take the same size in each. Good luck.
I don't think the color came through great on these photos, but here they are. They hadn't been polished up in a long time and showed. Put a nice coat of polish on last night and it helped bring back the deep chili color (it had sort of looked faded before that), despite the almost brownish color they seem to be in this color.
When my shell Bradley's show up that will make 22 AE shoes that I own. 6 wingtips plus the 5th St., Strand in Walnut shell, and the Elgin which are all heavily brogued shoes\boots, most in some flavor or another of brown. I'd like to think of myself as an equal opportunity AE shoe lover No Kenilworth in my future as long as Patrick doesn't keep posting pictures of his that may make me break down finally. I'm retired military and the black Leeds was my first AE shoe, which is identical to the military shoe which was good enough for meeting with Heads of State and at the Pentagon and Anex in the most formal situations. So I am comfortable with it in the civilian sector for formal wear and have worn it in consulting roles in every vertical market. Tapering off now and looking for plain toed boots and chukkas, preferable in shell and rubber lugged soles. But there are a few shoes out there yet thinking I might still "need".....
I actually don't own any PAs (have a pair of Johnston and Murphy Meltons that have been serving that purpose for a while, but will upgrade to PAs when the J&Ms are too worn out) . . . the two AE shoes I do own on the 5 last are the McAllister and the Fairfax. While I prefer the 8 last (Delray) to the 5 last, that's mostly for aesthetic reasons, and the fit to me tends to be pretty similar. I have a pair of Strands on the way in the mail, so I will soon find out how they fit as well, but I imagine the same as the McAllister. I basically wear the same size in the Delray and in the McAllister/Fairfax.
Sorry, wish I could be more help.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Australian Members 22 seconds ago
- › I haven't been here in ages - what happened to dumb threads? 58 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › 3/1 DROP: Edward Green Harrogate Longwings Mahogany Country Calf 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SuitSupply Jort 34R Grey Birdseye 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Anti Aging Supplements And Tips For Anti Aging Skin Care 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...