or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 544

post #8146 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

My Jeffersons in the wild; they've become my favourite shoe out of my small lot since I received them a couple months back. The leather is much softer compared to my PA's and Parliament, and the leather has a much stronger smell even.
700
700

 

Facet, those look great.  You have achieved much better shine that I have been able to.  Could you share your process?

post #8147 of 48613
I think the grey Park Avenue is gonna be nice!
post #8148 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post

 

I don't think you understand.  The shoe was maybe worn once.  I do not plan on having them re-crafted for quite some time.  They should be good to go for several years of good use before needing to be re-crafted.

 

If the shoe was in bad shape and needed immediate re-crafting, then yes I would tend to agree with you on the price.

 

Ahh, gotcha.  I thought you were going to immediately send them for recrafting to avoid the problem of the sole having already molded to someone else's foot.

post #8149 of 48613

My Vernons in the wild.  This has become one of my favorite shoes.  I think they look great with a pair of tailored-fit blue/navy pants.

 

 

1000

post #8150 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

My Jeffersons in the wild; they've become my favourite shoe out of my small lot since I received them a couple months back. The leather is much softer compared to my PA's and Parliament, and the leather has a much stronger smell even.


Nice shoes!!

I have the Jefferson in dark brown. There is no doubt the leather is of a higher quality and softer feel. But the price is higher too .....
post #8151 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

 

Ahh, gotcha.  I thought you were going to immediately send them for recrafting to avoid the problem of the sole having already molded to someone else's foot.

 

The inner of the shoe is still going to remain (somewhat) the same mold as that persons foot.  The new cork bed will somewhat act like a reset button, but they explained in one of their videos that they don't replace the inner sole since thats where the real impression of the foot will stay.  The cork is there for flexability and insulation, in addition to how it "molds."

 

I'm sure given enough time it will wear in well, but with a shoe that has been barely worn, they can still be considered new.

post #8152 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

New AE's on the website.
New Park Avenue colors - Granite Grey and Walnut Cloud
New McTavish color - dark brown (already shown ealier on this thread)
Players - now in Walnut and Black calf (not sure if that was there before) and the Bitter Chocolate suede is back
Hamptons - now in brown burnished/brown grain and black/black grain
Ridgeway is back
Pierpont - gray / navy saddle
Flagstaff - new casual penny loafer
Parkway - new split toe blucher (black grain is a choice)
I already have the new McTavish color coming to my local menswear/shoe store. I'm also liking the Hampton in burnished brown / brown grain.
Chris


Sigh - no new boots!

post #8153 of 48613

Speaking of recrafting, does anyone have a before/after pic?  They say that the re-stretch the shoe over the last again, which is nice, obviously, but does that mean that they unstich the upper, stretch it over the last again, then re-stitch to the insole?  Just wondering the exact process... because if they don't re-stitch the shoe to the insole, whats the point of stretching it over the last again, its just going to remain lose if that insole stitch isn't done again.

 

or maybe i'm way off...

 

thoughts?

post #8154 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post


Sigh - no new boots!


Not yet!  I spoke to someone at AE that mentioned they were supposed to come out mid-month.  Who knows how accurate that is, though.....

post #8155 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post


Sigh - no new boots!

Yes, there are. I was at my local menswear / shoe store yesterday and they showed me the new Fall book. There is a Neumok like boot - unlined and available in blue - and the Long Branch which is the wingtip lug sole mid height boot I saw this Spring. There was also a gray boot - and it did not have that strap that was on the design contest boot.

Chris
post #8156 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


Not yet!  I spoke to someone at AE that mentioned they were supposed to come out mid-month.  Who knows how accurate that is, though.....


One of the women I spoke to through their 1-800 number said the new boots won't be out until early October, another lady said what you said - mid-August. I can't believe they don't know for sure!

post #8157 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


Yes, there are. I was at my local menswear / shoe store yesterday and they showed me the new Fall book. There is a Neumok like boot - unlined and available in blue - and the Long Branch which is the wingtip lug sole mid height boot I saw this Spring. There was also a gray boot - and it did not have that strap that was on the design contest boot.
Chris

Praise the flying spaghetti monster for the lack of the strap.

post #8158 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post


Yes, there are. I was at my local menswear / shoe store yesterday and they showed me the new Fall book. There is a Neumok like boot - unlined and available in blue - and the Long Branch which is the wingtip lug sole mid height boot I saw this Spring. There was also a gray boot - and it did not have that strap that was on the design contest boot.
Chris


Yes, I'm waiting for the Long Branch - the question is when? I would love to get a picture!

post #8159 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

Praise the flying spaghetti monster for the lack of the strap.


amen to that!

post #8160 of 48613
Quote:
Originally Posted by seer View Post


Yes, I'm waiting for the Long Branch - the question is when? I would love to get a picture!


+1

 

I feel as if I'm obligated to buy this since I grew up in Long Branch, NJ...lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread